Login

russian armor

Water providing negative cover.

31 Jul 2015, 02:58 AM

Hello, my current map features tiny creeks and rivers, these creeks are located in some ditches that I would like to act as medium cover. However the water's negative cover overrides the medium cover provided by the ditches.
Is there a way to fix this without ruining the shallow rivercrossings that are also present on the map?
Any help is greatly appreciated as it was one of the core ideas I built my map around :(
3 Aug 2015, 07:51 AM

if they are only little river crossings (see creek :)) you could just use splines to look like the water, there are a few good splines in there that could be used for this, i have used some for small drainage ditches and things like that....other wise i dont know how to it, maybe a scar script.

3 Aug 2015, 07:53 AM

otherwise maybe make the water component quite narrow and the ditches quite deep and border the rivers with green cover or light cover splines....that way while the water may be red...it will be narrow and bordered by green/med cover.
4 Aug 2015, 02:53 AM

Thank you for your answer, I decided to use the second approach you mentioned. Tiny amounts of water and kind of wide ditches. :) Anyone know if there is a scar code that alters the water's ability to provide negative cover :) ?
6 Aug 2015, 20:13 PM
Donator 11

watch out, more than 5 water emplacements and your map might become laggy!
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★