Login

russian armor

Why no countdown for rifle nades?

• This thread is locked
PAGES (3)down
aaa
30 Jul 2015, 23:24 PM

Rifle grenade widely considered to be most OP ability in the game. It is OK if some abilities are OP, unless they makes the whole fraction OP. This is the case with rifle nades unfortunately.

Its strenght is so absurd that in fact it is hand held AI artilery. That makes 240 MP unit into wiping machine. 1 rifle nade can easily give you decesive advantage in engagement of multiple (2-3) squads. How is that fair?

It costs 30 while hand granades costs 45 for some reason. Lack of visual effects and command execution delay makes it really impossible to purposefully dodge it most of the time. Most top players know it didnt even try to dodge, chossing to stay in green cover to only lose like 3-4 models but not a squad at once.

All greandes have countdown while the strongest one dont. Why?
30 Jul 2015, 23:27 PM

Same reason no countdown for Molotovs, there's a very noticeable animation with a long windup followed by a projectile with a visible trail. Difference is that Molotovs were nerfed when fire criticals were redone. Molotovs relied on those RNG Crits to be effective, but this is a topic for another thread.

Also, Rifle Grenades are hardly the "strongest one". That trophy goes to the Guard's RGD-33, holding nearly the power of the Bundle Grenade, with the fuse time of a normal Grenade.
aaa
30 Jul 2015, 23:37 PM

Molotovs are out of consideration cuz its just a crap. Most 1v1 player never research it even.
Strongest not only in terms of damage but in terms of range. That range is a thing in itself but also makes it way harder to notice when it fires.
It doesnt need a reaserch, and battlephase is considered to be part of tech building cost.

I know that you can dodge it only if you click everithing before it goes off. So projectile is sbsolutely irrelevant already. When they sit to fire you must already clik to move sqaud. If there a more than 1 squad you have no chance to know where he is firing.
30 Jul 2015, 23:41 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2015, 23:24 PMaaa
It is OK if some abilities are OP, unless they makes the whole fraction OP. This is the case with rifle nades unfortunately.

31 Jul 2015, 05:01 AM
Patrion 28

picture

eh, i think he has an argument there, even if it's not a great one.

i would consider RGs to be the strongest nades by quite a ways and they are on OHK's baseline infantry which means they're widely available.
31 Jul 2015, 05:19 AM

Make the rifle grenade range half while suppressed, and increase cost by 5-10, problem solved.
31 Jul 2015, 08:14 AM

eh, i think he has an argument there, even if it's not a great one.

i would consider RGs to be the strongest nades by quite a ways and they are on OHK's baseline infantry which means they're widely available.

You also think that said single ability makes the entire faction op? Lol I shall post it here as well.

If you truely think so, then we should see timers with molotovs and soviet/usf anti tank grenades as well. :foreveralone:

31 Jul 2015, 08:41 AM

very long obvious animation on the rifle nade. The ability is fine, if it´s ruined against not static teamweapons.
31 Jul 2015, 09:34 AM

The problem i have with rifle nade, is the sound announce, sometimes he never come, sometimes he comes 0.5 sec before grenade land
31 Jul 2015, 09:46 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2015, 09:34 AMBlalord
The problem i have with rifle nade, is the sound announce, sometimes he never come, sometimes he comes 0.5 sec before grenade land

This! And perhaps the soviet and USF and British units can shout rifle grenade 1-1.2 seconds before it shoots? I mean, it won't safe an mg but it can allow for other units to be micro'ed to safety
31 Jul 2015, 09:47 AM

Am i the only one getting sometimes "Invisible Rifle nades" ? i just see the explosion
31 Jul 2015, 09:57 AM

You see the animation, hear the rifle going off and you see the nade fly.
I think that's enough as warning.
31 Jul 2015, 10:09 AM

You're only firing away half a lmg upgrade...
31 Jul 2015, 10:19 AM

You see the animation, hear the rifle going off and you see the nade fly.
I think that's enough as warning.

Not even a horn and some flickering lights together with a big red warning sign won't be enough for hardcore scrub allied fanboys like him.

This thread I can't even...
31 Jul 2015, 11:01 AM

its ok, but I think it needs nerfing its range by say 30-40% while supressed, so you can't just force retreat a maxim or wipe a 50cal from long range without taking any effort to flank mgs that already have 3x and 2x smaller cone of fire than mg42.
31 Jul 2015, 11:08 AM
Benefactor 392

Idk about all you guys but it takes at least 3 seconds for the nade to actually fire when I proc it, and it takes even longer to fly forward, i mean sure if you aren't being a bad player and actually watch your engagements you'd have an easy time to detect that it's on the way.

Even longer when supressed.
31 Jul 2015, 11:34 AM

Reduce damage from 80 to 60, somewhat improve aoe. It will be good at damaging infantry but bad at wiping whole squads.
31 Jul 2015, 11:57 AM

aaa just stop dude...

I know you wont until allies have a NUKE AUTO WIN button... but seriously these topics are getting old.

Why dont you just suggest Axis start with 10 tickets and Allies keep the 500 and be done with it? Or when a rifle nade fires the game pauses and men in High vis jackets come on, and set up a perimeter of roadwork cones and health and safety tape around the nade saying "DANGER KEEP CLEAR!" Thats what it seems your working towards...

90% of your posts seem to be an awareness issue not a balance issue and the other 10% are just wrong. Sorry dude.
31 Jul 2015, 12:06 PM

To be fair the grenade is mega strong.

The warning is ample though... when it works... which is like 50% of the time.

You can't always watch the engagement and you'll get caught by a Rgrenade, but that would be true whether it had a timer or not, its also true of all allied grenades.
31 Jul 2015, 12:17 PM

Not only is the animation long, noticeable, and there is a loud sound when it is released.. Allied infantry will also yell when its incoming... Sigh...
PAGES (3)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS