Login

russian armor

Why do YOU prefer Axis over Allies?

PAGES (9)down
1 Aug 2015, 10:19 AM

Why the fuck are you guys talking about planes looking good as if it's fact, shit like that is subjective lol.

Anyway, I personally like WW2 US Army tanks, equipment and uniforms, and I like reading about it. I like the German combat uniforms, equipment and tanks as well, however. Honestly I don't really prefer any faction over the other I like playing all of them equally.
1 Aug 2015, 12:08 PM

That´s simply not true. 4men squads standard are not forgiving to play. Especially not versus ammo-floating Soviets with omni-purpose mines and a focus on artillery.

They are. You don´t need to attack for the first 5-7 minutes with your gren, just stay in cover and hold your fuel until you feel comfortable to start to push back. In fact this is probably the biggest challenge early game for Ostheer, to not overextend too fast and so create holes in your line of defense.

Playing USF, you always feel under pressure by the time. playing Ostheer, only times I have felt the pressure were when I have been matched vs top50 players while I´m definitively not good with Ostheer.

1 Aug 2015, 16:17 PM

Oh but it was not about quality vs quantity but "good" vs "evil" (look at initial post of the listing).

Thus the sarcasm comes from your actual statement that humanity is on the evil side when fighting the covenant. And it is ironic since you obviously believe the opposite.

No offense. :)

How is humanity on the evil side? The covies shot first.

1 Aug 2015, 16:36 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post1 Aug 2015, 12:08 PMEsxile
They are. You don´t need to attack for the first 5-7 minutes with your gren, just stay in cover and hold your fuel until you feel comfortable to start to push back.
That´s how you lose the game as Ostheer. You can´t run in later into a wall of Maxims, Zis + Flak ht + mines. German late game has been nerfed.

Just stop it with the "Axis just need to wait". That´s not true any longer - definitely not when facing Soviets. USF is a different case. But that´s a problem with the army design, not of the Axis factions.
1 Aug 2015, 17:52 PM
Donator 11

If we removed vet 5 and gave OKW full fuel income it would make the faction a lot less gimmicky.

Didn't you say a few days ago that OKW is like a beautiful butterfly?
1 Aug 2015, 18:21 PM

Didn't you say a few days ago that OKW is like a beautiful butterfly?

did you literally create your account to only ever respond to me lol
1 Aug 2015, 19:00 PM
Donator 22

Haven't read through the entire thread, but here goes.

I used to be very biased towards playing Axis for the following reasons.

1. Ostheer is much closer to vCoh Wehr than Soviet to any vCoh faction. Familiarity alone made them the more appealing faction to begin with.

2. Axis is the comeback side. We all know how difficult it is to dominate early game axis and usually you are just holding on till late game. This appeals to me as the wins are more satisfying when you overcome difficult obstacles early on to win the game.

3. More interesting (and famous/infamous) weapons and units.

4. Playing the bad guys.

5. Since I played almost exclusively axis and I enjoy being competitive, learning the allied factions was somewhat intimdating since I knew I'd be such a noob.

However...

I now play allies probably more because.

A. The wait times aren't ridiculously long in que.

B. Turns out, the Soviets are pretty damn fun with some variety of their own in units.

C. I'm an American and want to play with units of my country. (Shameless plug) B-)

D. It gets boring playing only one side.
1 Aug 2015, 21:33 PM

Halo Wars 2 is work in progress... I just hope its for PC

Omg i know right? Could of been such a good game if it wasnt just crappy console.
2 Aug 2015, 03:28 AM

I like all factions, but OKW the least.
2 Aug 2015, 04:00 AM
Patrion 15

You can drink and play Axis and still win the game, but sadly not with Allies.

This. Every single random 3s game as OKW I've played legitimately drunk.
2 Aug 2015, 04:55 AM
Donator 11

did you literally create your account to only ever respond to me lol

I try my best not to respond to you. But you are like baldrick, so dumb it compels me to be mean towards you
2 Aug 2015, 05:57 AM

I try my best not to respond to you. But you are like baldrick, so dumb it compels me to be mean towards you

over 60% of your posts are responses to me lol
2 Aug 2015, 06:17 AM

I think that making certain sides better at certain stages of the game intentionally is bad design. Relic should have just made really cool units, tech, and abilities loosely based in history, and let each factions unique play style develop on its own. Most of all, all play styles should be possible with all factions.

IE in Starcraft 2 one would think that the Zerg would be a fast offensive faction but in reality are a more passive macro faction. Same could be said about constantly harassing terrans, Protoss gate rushing/mothership harass, etc.

3 Aug 2015, 11:38 AM

Thread dead
PAGES (9)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 31
Peru 17
United Kingdom 47
unknown 7
United States 3
United States 1

Ladders Top 10