Login

russian armor

Hotkey costumisation

30 Jul 2015, 16:28 PM

Hi comrades, Icestrike here!

Let's get to the point quickly: (my keyboard is qwertz)

I use the Gridkey-system Relic offers and I use Autohotkey on top of that.

For example: In the Gridkey-system the hotkey for most granades is "y".
This goes for Units like Pgrens, Shocks, Conscript molotovs, Fallschirmjäger etc.
Thats fine, but the Grenadiers for example have the Panzerfaust on "y" and the riflegrenade on "x"

Am I somehow (maybe with Autohotkey or with some other programm?!) able to transfer the riflegranade-ability to "y" (and the Panzerfaust to somewhere else) to put it in line with all the other grenades WITHOUT changing the other units grenades to other keys?

There are some more abilities I want to put in line such as tank-smoke or smokegrenades. The regular grenade was just an example.

Thanks for reading!
31 Jul 2015, 07:49 AM

Please comrades, I am pinned down on that one. Is there no way to fight this problem? :(
31 Jul 2015, 07:57 AM
Patrion 14

Write you own script for every faction. After you change the faction, tab out of the game and start another script.

I can send you mine if you want.
31 Jul 2015, 08:00 AM

Danke Lümmel,

didn't think about that one.
And thanks for the offer, but I am gonna write my own skript very quick. :)

Grenadiers are still a problem, though :/
31 Jul 2015, 08:29 AM

Is there a possibility to differ between infantry and vehicles?

This:

#IfWinActive, Company Of Heroes

for example says, that the script only runs if coh or coh2 is active.
31 Jul 2015, 08:37 AM
Patrion 14

No this doesn't work.
There is an option to assign keys twice, but this causes trouble sometimes.
I dont know the command atm cause im at work, but ill post it later.
For example i put american grenades and heal on the middle mouse button.
Maybe this is an option to help with your grenadier problem.
31 Jul 2015, 08:40 AM

Yes, that might help. It would be great if you could send me your script, because I am having more trouble than I thought :blush:
31 Jul 2015, 11:33 AM
Director of Social Media Badge

I don't think you can solve this issue.
If it was vCoH it will be solvable but not for CoH 2.
Application like AutoHotkey have no way to know the unit selected so you can't choose a case where you want y key and x key switched and a case where y key and x key stay unchanged.
31 Jul 2015, 11:40 AM

The only way I know of is by scripting a key which would change scripts on the fly but this seems cumbersome.

I thought all primary abilities were on Z and secondary on X,C,V,F

My personal script puts these ability keys next to each other and all other commands on the numpad, so I can use arrow keys to scroll but not lose any shortcuts.
31 Jul 2015, 11:58 AM
Donator 11

Am I somehow (maybe with Autohotkey or with some other programm?!) able to transfer the riflegranade-ability to "y" (and the Panzerfaust to somewhere else) to put it in line with all the other grenades WITHOUT changing the other units grenades to other keys?

I'm having the same trouble with my grenadiers, since they seem to be the only unit which throws grenades with "x" instead of "y" (despite some special nades). But I dont think there s a way to solve that problem besides getting accustomed to press "x" when playing wher.

Autohotkey at least doesn't seem like a solution without increasing complexity into unplayablity.
31 Jul 2015, 12:00 PM

I'm having the same trouble with my grenadiers, since they seem to be the only unit which throws grenades with "x" instead of "y" (despite some special nades). But I dont think there s a way to solve that problem besides getting accustomed to press "x" when playing wher.

Autohotkey at least doesn't seem like a solution without increasing complexity into unplayablity.

The only difficult part about using autohotkey is getting the muscle memory of the switched key.
31 Jul 2015, 12:11 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2015, 12:00 PMwuff

The only difficult part about using autohotkey is getting the muscle memory of the switched key.

Yep. At least it wont let you panzerfaust a conscript squad...
31 Jul 2015, 12:18 PM
Patrion 14

Yep. At least it wont let you panzerfaust a conscript squad...

Like i said, ervery faction needs its own script...
31 Jul 2015, 12:31 PM
Director of Social Media Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2015, 12:18 PMLümmel

Like i said, every faction needs its own script...

Grenadiers and Panzergrenadiers are in the same faction :p
31 Jul 2015, 12:38 PM

With autohotkey your imagination is your only limitation. You can write a script to do damn near anything.
31 Jul 2015, 12:42 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2015, 12:18 PMLümmel

Like i said, ervery faction needs its own script...

Gets way to complicated in my opinion. Just put some basic abilities on ahk and get used to use grid keys.

The biggest problem was creating a control setup which allows to use WASD for cam control AND for hotkeys. Solved via using LCTRL as a "shift-key" to suspend WASD-cam control when pressed (thx to advice of some user i forgot). Thus if i want to use an ability on the "a"-key, I press LCTRL+a. If that makes sense.

Needs 3-5 games to adjust, than its muscle memory and works great.

Does not solve the OPs initial problem though. But gives incentive for control opitmization in general.
31 Jul 2015, 12:43 PM
Donator 11

With autohotkey your imagination is your only limitation. You can write a script to do damn near anything.

AHK can not read game files afaik. Can't know which unit you re controling thus cant switch control setup.

Doing this manually results in crazy control cunundrum.
31 Jul 2015, 13:38 PM

AHK can not read game files afaik. Can't know which unit you re controling thus cant switch control setup.

Doing this manually results in crazy control cunundrum.

I would argue that if it is setup right it shouldn't have anything to do with reading game files. The goal is hotkeys, macros, customization of keys.
31 Jul 2015, 13:41 PM

Only if Relic added a key binding option like in EVERY other game in the market.
31 Jul 2015, 14:11 PM
Donator 11

I would argue that if it is setup right it shouldn't have anything to do with reading game files. The goal is hotkeys, macros, customization of keys.

I mean I'm really enjoying your "there are no limits"-attitude towards AHK. Dont get me wrong. But to solve the OPs initial problem of switching x with y for grens only thus connecting ingame unit selection with key assignments, not sure if possible without creating a manual input micromanagement disaster.

Only if Relic added a key binding option like in EVERY other game in the market.

Had to laugh here. Literally EVERY freakin game out there. Ok, maybe my little pony not... so we re at two games with no key customization...

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★