Option Distribution Votes
8%
20%
72%
Total votes: 25
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
29 Jul 2015, 12:45 PM
Donator 11

Salute to your Glorious Leader peasants!

Our Glorious Leader anounces some thoughts how to overhaul the OPRearEcholons.

Don't get me right. This should no be seen as a "<random unit> is underpowered, please buff relic ffs" thread...

The RE of the early days stood a chance against vanilla grens or take out some volks models, especially with volley fire. To be honest, volley fire in the right hands was a pain in the arse. :(.
Then the nerf hits in and nowadays RE seem to be trained by French forces :lolol:(no offence :sealed:) as they insta need to retreat when seeing opponents approaching on the horizont. Otherwise they will die like flies.
The volley fire seem to work only if u set it up immediately and won't lose a model the next 5 sec (don't know the game mechanics / calculations behind it). Sure thing is, that the ability works fine to reduce ones munition by 20 :rofl:.

Long story short: RE are squishy and struggle hard against other inf if not equipped with bars and blobbed over the map (looking at you SPrice :wave:). But that's well known and I hear you shout L2P already!

I had a dream that one day the other day I would like to discuss with you so grab a beer or popcorn:

RE are the "worst" of the 4 starting factions. I suggest to buff the volley fire slightly. Slightly! SLIGHTLY ffs Relic Y U no read properly!!! Gosh! It's not about the suppression to let them become Walking Kubels :hyper:. Just a little more damage so they stand a chance of let's say 30% to force the opponents starting unit to retreat. And then there is the mid/late game of USF.
Why not let the RE develop from the worst to the best starting/pio unit of the game through their veterancy.
As USF struggles vs heavies like the mighty Panther or KT, why not give the RE some tank traps or AT mines (Yes! I said it! Mines!) at vet 3 (maybe if equipped with zooks or sweeper).

Am I retarted or do I need to STFU and L2P? Or are some points I made worth thinking about?

Please let me know :drool:

Yours topperharley_42

29 Jul 2015, 12:47 PM

And there I was expecting REforever mock thread :guyokay:

Oh well, remove RET rec acc penalty on volley and they will be fine again.
29 Jul 2015, 12:58 PM
Donator 11

Senpai Katitof noticed me :wub: but back to topic. Sorry to disappoint you about this not beeing a mock thread bruh.
How much ist the acc penalty and why do you think that this will be the solution already?:foreveralone:

I appreciate your answer :hyper:
29 Jul 2015, 13:04 PM

Its 50% rec acc, which means its 50% easier to hit them, which means everything and anything murders them brutally when they use it, even if they are in green cover they melt like alex credibility after he posts "stats".

Why it would be the solution? Because it would allow you to use volley and actually win a shootout. There is no second ability that got so much nerf butchered as volley fire.
29 Jul 2015, 13:10 PM

So far, one of the best threads ever!!!!!

:clap: to OP

:rofl::rofl::rofl:
29 Jul 2015, 14:07 PM

Makes me wonder why Nullist can't come back. Anyway, I too believe that volley fire is a sure way to waste 20 muni. Though Katitof's suggestion is very nice, I think that a little more suppressive capacity would be nice. It takes way too long to work.
29 Jul 2015, 15:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2015, 13:04 PMKatitof
Its 50% rec acc, which means its 50% easier to hit them, which means everything and anything murders them brutally when they use it, even if they are in green cover they melt like alex credibility after he posts "stats".

Why it would be the solution? Because it would allow you to use volley and actually win a shootout. There is no second ability that got so much nerf butchered as volley fire.

wtf.. XD

Ontopic: Just do like Jesulin, spam RE instead of rifles and give them 2xbars, easy infantry overwhelm.
29 Jul 2015, 15:28 PM

Senpai Katitof noticed me :wub:

What the actual fuck
29 Jul 2015, 15:56 PM

So far, one of the best threads ever!!!!!

:clap: to OP

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

i second that, had a good laugh while reading this :clap:
29 Jul 2015, 16:06 PM

Volley fire on WFA launch was hilarious. REs used to be my Waifu. It was clear Relic intended REs to be shit except for using volley fire to set up plays. Now that volley fire has been nerfed (it needed a nerf, but not this bad, now you pay to get your own squad killed faster) but no buff to offset it now REs are just shit.
29 Jul 2015, 16:12 PM

Dubs confirm RE's need a buff.
29 Jul 2015, 17:19 PM
Donator 11

What the actual fuck

Please stay on topic. :ot::D

So we agree on volley fire overhaul. :romeoHype::thumbsup: which is good.

Ontopic: Just do like Jesulin, spam RE instead of rifles and give them 2xbars, easy infantry overwhelm.

That is SPrice tactic I thought *patent pending*. And it is a pain in the arse. Therefore the idea on changing the role of RE to give them a duty.

So what are your opinions on my late game changes to the RE?
29 Jul 2015, 18:02 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Make it free or remove RA penalty.
29 Jul 2015, 18:27 PM

Make them five men. Buff a lit a bit volley fire. Give them ability to replace squads like conscripts. Buff thier cost maybe.
29 Jul 2015, 18:36 PM

Rear echelons are better anti infantry than Riflemen

Next thread plz
30 Jul 2015, 17:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2015, 13:04 PMKatitof

He's top 200, a pro :megusta::foreveralone::sibToxic:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS