Login

russian armor

How to deal with maxim spam??

29 Jul 2015, 04:59 AM

Lately I have been seeing a lot of maxim spam and i just cant do anything to stop it. I try to get mortars but it seems to be not enough to kill them effectively. Any tips? Thanks :)
29 Jul 2015, 05:31 AM

Rifle grenades,mortars,Scout Car...and flanking
29 Jul 2015, 10:43 AM

Rifle nades dont work anymore thanks to the nerf, its not reliable.
Scout car not really a counter, doesnt make reliable damage to infantry and the same soviet tier has ATGUN.
Flanking is not available sometimes.

The only counters are Mortars/Snipers/LeFH/MortarHalftrack.
29 Jul 2015, 10:50 AM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Rifle nades dont work anymore thanks to the nerf, its not reliable.

Uhm, they just work as fine as they used to be, they just had their sick range reduced at vet 2. But I add snipers, as my nr. 1 counter against maxims.
29 Jul 2015, 10:53 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2015, 10:50 AMluvnest

Uhm, they just work as fine as they used to be, they just had their sick range reduced at vet 2. But I add snipers, as my nr. 1 counter against maxims.

See? you use snipers, as I said. B-)
29 Jul 2015, 10:55 AM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

See? you use snipers, as I said. B-)

Oh I'm blind, nevermind then.
29 Jul 2015, 14:44 PM

Thanks I'll give snipers a SHOT :P they kinda take a while to kill the 6 man squad that's the only thing I hate about them. Also flanking is pretty hard because they can pack up, rotate and start firing before I can actually get close enough to do some damage to it.
29 Jul 2015, 15:23 PM
Donator 11

Mortar ht is the way to go if maxim spam is annoying enough to use commander slot for it in your opinion as it's the best counter.
29 Jul 2015, 22:08 PM

What's a good mortar ht commander? Spearhead?
31 Jul 2015, 15:02 PM

Spearhead is best mortar ht commander , just make sure you will tech normaly not just stall in for tiger.
1 Aug 2015, 00:18 AM

Well the last patch removed the restrictions on the Flame Halftrack for Ostheer. If you can, try and go fast Tier-2 with that and just burn out all the Maxims, furthermore burn down all of the buildings that your opponent(s) will find to be useful to garrison with a maxim. This will force them out into the open and also force them to adopt a less defensive stance.
3 Aug 2015, 08:51 AM

^ This. Flame half tracks completely destroy maxims. Snipers aren't great because the squads are so huge. The perfect counter is probably one of the ostruppen doctrines combined with a rush to flame half tracks. The biggest swing comes from decrewing a maxim and then capturing it with cheap ostruppen which cost like 10-15 manpower to reinforce.

Once the halftrack is upgraded, make a big multiprong attack and you are almost certain to capture at least one maxim.
3 Aug 2015, 19:47 PM

maxim rush follows by AT ,cant easily destroy maxim with flame HT, the other hand M5 stop u. i think make mortars and mortar HT + some flanks(infantry grenades) can help u,although sniper can steady help to advance.
3 Aug 2015, 20:47 PM

Thanks I'll give snipers a SHOT :P they kinda take a while to kill the 6 man squad that's the only thing I hate about them.

Well if you make it shoot the gunner, you have enough time to attack it from multiple angles, with lets say 2 gren squads. Remember, maxim crew is still utterly hopeless when recrewing or retreating, the bugs are still there, exploit these.

Also what I like to do against maxim spam and always have this option availlable just in case: you can always have a doctrine with combat smoke in your line up, so if you face maxim spam, you can get a 222 and just drive it up and smoke in front of the maxim and then attack with your infantry! Works most of the times!

Also, don't blob up against it, since all mgs get better suppression values against larger formations, just let one unit get suppressed and then make others come in from a different angle!
22 Sep 2015, 13:58 PM

Use flame halftrack.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight