Login

russian armor

Conscript MERGE ability - bulletin interactions

29 Jul 2015, 04:14 AM

UPPDATE/SOLVED: after finaly getting a 2%cdr 2%reload bulletin i have tested and confirmed that at least this bulletin will transfer when a conscript merges with a guard squad, half the squad was regular guards, vet 3 (vet from the squad also applies to joining cons) and the other half was cons with bulletins, shooting at an invulnerable test stug, due to the randomness of the time it takes to do the firing cycle it was hard to test with only the starter 3% reload bulletin, but with both of the above the effect was clearly visible above the "noise" you would expect from the randomness after a few minutes of firing, the con model would pull ahead slowly, eventually getting a full 6 shots lead (a complete fire cycle including reload)

TLDR: bulletins for conscripts are retained, veterancy of the reciving squad works on joining cons, bulletins of the receiving squad do not

(also the rate of earning bulletins is LUDICROUSLY low, 600 hours in the game, and nowhere near 3x of all the strong bulletins yet (i dont even have a single of the 5% CDR for basic inf for any faction yet), at this rate i will get all commanders before i will have all good bulletins, tbh if they wanted me to buy the stuff to skip the grind, they rly should let us BUY bulletins, or just upp the droprate / let you craft the ones you want by breaking down like 50 other bulletins to make 1 new one, not only is this an annoying grind, but since i will be gated by bulletins rather than commanders to make a truly optimal min-max loud-out its also a BROKEN P2W system)

Ok so i recently got the game and have spent my time reading up on COH2stats and mathing out stuff, for one of my strategies i intend to make use of the merge ability and i was wondering how that works with bulletins.

option 1: bulletins that buff conscripts always work on conscripts (the model) and will transfer to a new squad (say a guard, with their different weapons) meaning i should go for con buff bulletins always

option 2: bulletins affect the squad or weapon entities, and i should go for guard buff bulletins to get a bonus in the above example

option 3: bulletins do not stick with the model when merged, BUT bulletins that affect the squad / wep entities ALSO do not affect the joining conscript models, in this case merging is worse than i think

now to my knowledge when merging only the conscript model entity is retained, and they get the wep and squad entity of the receiving squad (including any veterancy, this sugests to me option 1 or 2 is more likely, as i bet the effect is on the model, squad, or wep entity for bulletins, but i DONT KNOW WHICH ONE, so anybody who knows (and provide source; say gamefiles would be ideal) please let me know

Bonus question; i have seen a lot of conflicting stuff about what bulletins stack and what does not, (and even statements from relic that turn out to be false (panzerschreck cost reduction stacks, relic said multiple identicals do not)) so again, somone who KNOWS, please what stacks and what does not (3x accuracy duplicates? 3x CDR on shot duplicates?............)

EDIT: now after testing i have been able to confirm the 2%+ sight range bulletin is applied to the guard model, not the squad, a fully conscripted guard squad will not retain the sight, once i get one of the Oohra! bulletins i will do tests to see if conscripted guards shoot faster, but given how the above works i assume it will work the same way
21 Aug 2015, 03:33 AM
Donator 11

I suggest not merging at all according to Cruzz's findings that merged Conscript entities take more damage than say an AT gun crewman.

DON'T MERGE EVAR! This has only been a problem as of recently. To get more info read "Cruzz's The More You Know"
22 Aug 2015, 23:41 PM

i am aware their 1.087 target size is inherited, however if this is the only negative to conscripts merging with guards, then the cost saved is MORE significant than this, the recived accuracy of cons vs guards difference would need to be quite a bit bigger for it to trump the cost efficiency gained from having it be 20 instead of 27,5 to replace a guy (penals are also EVER SO SLIGHTLY worth it to merge with if this is all that is bad with the process (but this is so minor i can pretty much guarantee its not worth the player attention for the TRULY NEGLIGIBLE gain in EHP per money that that option gives)), again the questions above are the REMAINING possible issues that need to be answered to settle if reinforcing guards (and penals in theory) is MORE or LESS cost efficient than reinforcing normally

Uppdate: after testing (in no cover, maxrange, all vet 3 (so helps grens more, also if vet does not affect joining cons this will be part of the result) on a testmap)

its 30 for a gren model, 27,5 for a guard, and 20 for a conscript, this means for every 11 grens there is 12 guards, (so 11 gren squads all with their LMG vs 8 guards with lmg makes for equal MP comparison (but more muni for the grens)) while there is 1.5 cons for every gren, so 1 guard squad of cons vs 1 gren squad of grens, both with lmg (15 more muni for the guard user per squad made) again becomes the fair comparison, now for the results guards lose this fight quite badly, however the guard squads made up of con models win with 1 guy left en each squad on most of the tests when they were both attack moving into each other (and could have performed better if both sides used focus fire, as for some reason just A moving will make any LMG carrying gren not die untill all the other squads have lost all non LMG gren models, while the guards will lose LMG and PTRS carriers much sooner from A moving grens) basically testing shows merging gives WAY more unit performance per money (and dont worry about enemy XP gain, as that based on the cost of the units that die, so greater cost efficiency will always go hand in hand with XP gain efficiency)
2 Sep 2015, 03:36 AM

Interesting test. I guess I need to start merging onto my guards again
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 23
Peru 6
unknown 10
United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W