Login

russian armor

M24 Chaffee

29 Jul 2015, 00:10 AM

how do you think the M24 Chafee would play out if it was implemented into the USF arsenel a light jack-of-all trades tank or just like the M5 Stuart?
29 Jul 2015, 03:01 AM

It would be better than the Stuart if only because it packs a 75mm gun that was almost exactly like the Sherman's. Only difference was that it was specially designed to be light-weight so it could be originally fit onto the B-25 Bomber, otherwise it fired the same ammunition. So you've got the same medium tank gun on a fast light tank.

It wouldn't have the staying power of the Sherman, obviously, but it would be even easier to flank and harass with it.
29 Jul 2015, 03:05 AM
Honorary Member Badge

maybe a call in where you get one? only place i could see it being used. because unless there is a major redsign of the faction i don't see a spot where it would fit. wouldn't be a bad tank for the game.
29 Jul 2015, 03:11 AM

It would be better than the Stuart if only because it packs a 75mm gun that was almost exactly like the Sherman's. Only difference was that it was specially designed to be light-weight so it could be originally fit onto the B-25 Bomber, otherwise it fired the same ammunition. So you've got the same medium tank gun on a fast light tank.

It wouldn't have the staying power of the Sherman, obviously, but it would be even easier to flank and harass with it.

you read my mind yes the Chaffee would be good at making fast strikes or filling gaps in the line
29 Jul 2015, 04:12 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2015, 03:05 AMWiFiDi
maybe a call in where you get one? only place i could see it being used. because unless there is a major redsign of the faction i don't see a spot where it would fit. wouldn't be a bad tank for the game.

if i am not mistaken M24's were used during the Battle of the Bulge however that was overshadowed because most of US armored divisions were primarily equipped with M3 or M5 Stuarts so i say yes they should be in the game after all it is a neat looking tank
29 Jul 2015, 07:48 AM

I don't think USF needs more crappy tanks.
29 Jul 2015, 07:57 AM

I don't see much use for what would essentially be a stuart with the shermans gun. Stuart handles light vehicles just fine and in the medium tank phase it wouldn't last a second.

I think there is better, more unique units I'd rather see.
29 Jul 2015, 08:01 AM
Honorary Member Badge

if i am not mistaken M24's were used during the Battle of the Bulge however that was overshadowed because most of US armored divisions were primarily equipped with M3 or M5 Stuarts so i say yes they should be in the game after all it is a neat looking tank

has nothing to do with what i said however i might have not clarified enough. i was specifically refering to there role in the game. (how they fit in with other units) not there historical relevence. :)
29 Jul 2015, 08:44 AM
Patrion 14

Wasnt the Chaffee significantly faster than the Sherman? Could be a light (same amount of health as stuart) and fast tank destroyer. But then again it'd have the same role as the M10 :foreveralone:
29 Jul 2015, 08:47 AM

There is not a single role in USF army that wouldn't already be covered by existing vehicle.
29 Jul 2015, 08:56 AM

It'd make a great counterpart to a Panzer III.
29 Jul 2015, 09:15 AM

A counterpart to something that doesn't exist and if it would exist would be a puma, which already is covered by stuart.

Doesn't sound that great.
30 Jul 2015, 03:06 AM

well one thing is for certain is USF is in dire need of new hardware and toys to play with since axis is currently hogging and hoarding all of the best AT, armor and infantry in-game
30 Jul 2015, 03:12 AM

Maybe as a call in I guess. Its worth noting that Relic stated they have no intention of putting the M24 ingame along with the M26 for reason........
30 Jul 2015, 03:22 AM

Maybe as a call in I guess. Its worth noting that Relic stated they have no intention of putting the M24 ingame along with the M26 for reason........

the only rts games that i can think of that had the M24 Chaffee were RUSE and the Men of War series i think from the looks of it the Chaffee has made very few appearances in most if not many WW2 games excluding World of Tanks but it would be nice to see the Chaffee in there as a call-in aside from that with the brits coming into the fray relic might want to rethink that decision
30 Jul 2015, 03:32 AM

6 Cp call-in would be pretty sweet.
30 Jul 2015, 04:03 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post29 Jul 2015, 08:44 AMLümmel
Wasnt the Chaffee significantly faster than the Sherman? Could be a light (same amount of health as stuart) and fast tank destroyer. But then again it'd have the same role as the M10 :foreveralone:

Yup. Pointless.
30 Jul 2015, 05:36 AM

the only rts games that i can think of that had the M24 Chaffee were RUSE and the Men of War series i think from the looks of it the Chaffee has made very few appearances in most if not many WW2 games excluding World of Tanks but it would be nice to see the Chaffee in there as a call-in aside from that with the brits coming into the fray relic might want to rethink that decision

It might work as a call-in, but unless it's characteristics were greatly distorted, it would be just a slightly faster light tank that couldn't stand up to a PIV - something similar to an upgunned Puma. I don't think it would help balance anything out.
30 Jul 2015, 05:45 AM

maybe if the m24 replaced the stuart and the 76mm sherman (not necessarily E8) replace the stock sherman.
30 Jul 2015, 05:53 AM

maybe if the m24 replaced the stuart and the 76mm sherman (not necessarily E8) replace the stock sherman.

but which light tank would you prefer if you had a choice the M5 Stuart or the M24 Chaffee?
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★