Login

russian armor

AFK auto-kick?

28 Jul 2015, 16:03 PM

Anyone else want to see an AFK autokick after 3-5 minutes inactivity? I just tried playing one game as Axis and got a teammate who was AFK the entire time(I surrendered after 5 minutes), so I switched to Allies and got another teammate who was AFK. I sat there and waited to see if the game kicked him and it never did, at least not for 15 freaking minutes. This is ridiculous, with the AI I at least have a slim chance of winning, but fighting 2 on 1 is impossible. Relic you seriously need to add some inactivity kicking or punishment. Players don't auto-queue if you are not sure you can play for at least 30-45 minutes uninterrupted.
28 Jul 2015, 16:14 PM

The amount of people who queue for games and then go to the grocery store or something is just silly. The thing is they are punishing themselves since they are just going to have to wait again for another good game since everyone will quit the AFK game. Besides trolling they get nothing out of it. I really don't think you can do much about it.
28 Jul 2015, 16:32 PM
Donator 11

30 sec inactivity during the first minute of the match = autokick
28 Jul 2015, 16:40 PM

afk in matches is a big problem. i agree there needs o be a fix
28 Jul 2015, 17:12 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

It could work like this:
The Loading bars are the bullets right?
game load begins, music plays, yada yada
Load finishes
"Press any Key" appears
When you press it, your bullets turn Green, indicating you are ready to begin the game
If one minute(or two)passes, and not all players have readied, the game will time out, and no win/loss will be recorded for anyone.

This essentially solves the "slow loader lagger", the "moving my first unit 1:30 into the game" types of people
28 Jul 2015, 17:26 PM

It could work like this:
Load finishes
"Press any Key" appears
When you press it, your bullets turn Green, indicating you are ready to begin the game
If one minute(or two)passes, and not all players have readied, the game will time out, and no win/loss will be recorded for anyone.

This essentially solves the "slow loader lagger", the "moving my first unit 1:30 into the game" types of people

Excellent idea
28 Jul 2015, 17:43 PM

It could work like this:
Load finishes
"Press any Key" appears

That is a really good idea. Relic DO IT!
Phy
28 Jul 2015, 19:20 PM

It could work like this:
Load finishes
"Press any Key" appears

+1.
28 Jul 2015, 19:51 PM

It could work like this:
Load finishes
"Press any Key" appears

So I could just go afk whenever i get matched against good players and win like 95% of games?
28 Jul 2015, 20:06 PM
Patrion 28

It could work like this:
Load finishes
"Press any Key" appears

And another thing that should happen is if you alt tabed out of the game, the game should just automatically maximize. That would probably solve half the problems with AFK peoeple.
28 Jul 2015, 20:16 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

So I could just go afk whenever i get matched against good players and win like 95% of games?

the other idea is that if you dont perform an action or certain amount of actions per minute (like using ability,clicking a move command,or moving the camera) that you will be kicked automatically.

Otherwise I dont know what you mean,if you go AFK no one will win. youll just have to queue again.
28 Jul 2015, 20:38 PM

in dota2.

first dota search the players with same level
then u have to click if u are ready
then the game is launched and u see ur opponents
if u dodge -25 mmr and 5 min penalty of seraching another game.
28 Jul 2015, 20:40 PM
Donator 11

30 sec inactivity during the first minute of the match = autokick

lol would kick me in every second game then.... how dumb.

I often have a delay of 30-40sec until my game starts (on some maps)
29 Jul 2015, 00:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jul 2015, 20:40 PMSwonVIP

Yes the auto-kick should be fair, a few minutes would be good.
29 Jul 2015, 00:14 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jul 2015, 20:40 PMSwonVIP

Get a better PC you :sibPheasant:
29 Jul 2015, 09:50 AM
Donator 11

Get a better PC you :sibPheasant:

:luvDerp:
29 Jul 2015, 09:56 AM

lol why should we get auto kicked when its more fun to afk automatch games than to actually play them

I veto this stupid idea
29 Jul 2015, 10:17 AM

the other idea is that if you dont perform an action or certain amount of actions per minute (like using ability,clicking a move command,or moving the camera) that you will be kicked automatically.

Otherwise I dont know what you mean,if you go AFK no one will win. youll just have to queue again.

it will ruin ladders - as you can avoid better players with just being afk, and only play against easy players.

Fun Factor 0 - but it will be as common as the afk we experience now
29 Jul 2015, 11:14 AM

it will ruin ladders - as you can avoid better players with just being afk, and only play against easy players.

Fun Factor 0 - but it will be as common as the afk we experience now

This makes no sense, people can already quit a match if they don't like who they are facing, this way others don't have to suffer from AFKers. And if you get kicked it should count as a loss, you are wasting people's time with your poor decisions and time management.
29 Jul 2015, 11:49 AM

Right, so I never have to face good players (or more accurately, players I know are good) that's why I end up winning 95% of games.

I personally like the idea that a player gets kicked after about 90 secs after the game starts if they don't act. 3+ mins is too long, unless you're against total noobs the game should be pretty hopelesss if 1 player is afk the first 4 or so mins in a 2v2.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★