Login

russian armor

Taking RNG to it's limits.

28 Jul 2015, 15:37 PM

COH2 is a game blessed (plagued?) by rng, it can determine anything that happens during a game and can make or break your game, while its effects on certain engagements can be quite annoying i do think RNG should take a bigger part in game.
hear this out, imagine that instead of having a predetermined loadout the game actually picks 3 random commanders for you, and you get to choose in game.
this would make players experiment with all commanders and become more and more creative.
the selection of doctrines however is not to be made completely randomly, all commanders can fit into 3 categories, infantry armor and support, u get 1 of each.
also every commander has a value so that the balance can be kept.
WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK???????
28 Jul 2015, 15:49 PM
Patrion 310

It'd be a great idea for a mod! But you mean for Automatch?
28 Jul 2015, 15:50 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Could be an interesting mod, but for Automatch that would reduce competitiveness. Games like StarCraft have very little RNG and it draws a big E-Sports environment and while I find COH's RNG adds some flavor it should be done in moderation. At it's current level the RNG is a little too much for me sometimes.
28 Jul 2015, 15:57 PM

Thing is you could remove all RNG from the game and coh still wouldn't draw a big e-sports crowd.

I think people need to accept COH for what it is, its fun, its challenging, its competitive in the same way monopoly could be considered competitive. Its not an e-sport
28 Jul 2015, 16:27 PM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jul 2015, 15:50 PMBudwise
Could be an interesting mod, but for Automatch that would reduce competitiveness. Games like StarCraft have very little RNG and it draws a big E-Sports environment and while I find COH's RNG adds some flavor it should be done in moderation. At it's current level the RNG is a little too much for me sometimes.

I love your Avatar, Bill Murrays the MAN!
28 Jul 2015, 17:00 PM
Patrion 310

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jul 2015, 15:57 PMsamich
Thing is you could remove all RNG from the game and coh still wouldn't draw a big e-sports crowd.

I think people need to accept COH for what it is, its fun, its challenging, its competitive in the same way monopoly could be considered competitive. Its not an e-sport

just like poker isnt :>
28 Jul 2015, 17:15 PM

The more RNG the less competitiveness like Bud says.
So yeah, cool mod but not good for automatch :)
28 Jul 2015, 17:33 PM
Donator 11

There's not even the option for random faction yet let alone other randomizing options. It is a nice idea though.
28 Jul 2015, 17:48 PM

just like poker isnt :>

I guess it depends how you define it.. is darts? is chess? are board games?

All i'm saying is that if you took all the rng out of coh you wouldn't have a starcraft esq e-sport and you'd probably have a less enjoyable game
28 Jul 2015, 18:04 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jul 2015, 15:50 PMBudwise

sorry but i can't see how this could reduce competitiveness, maybe i was not clear clear enough.
for example a standard ostheer loadout is close air support, mechanized assault and assault support, so u have two armor commanders and 1 support commander.

HEAVY ARMOR

assault support TIGER
lightning war TIGER
spearhead doctrine TIGER
mechanized assault Tiger
fortified armor Elefant
jaeger armor Elefant
elite troops Tiger Ace

GENERAL SUPPORT

Blitzkreig
Close Air Support
Defensive Doctrine
Festung Armor
German Mechanized
Joint Operations
Luftwaffe Supply
Mobile Defense

INFANTRY

Encirclement
German Infantry
Jaeger Infantry
Ostruppen
Storm Doctrine
Festung Support

pick one from each category and think of the worst case scenario, i don't see no underpowered combination.
i think the same goes for other factions as well.
30 Jul 2015, 21:23 PM

I like the idea. One big problem though is that i think players would be leaving matches if they don't get the commander(s) they want or do well with. Especially since there isn't any punishment for leaving at the moment.
6 Aug 2015, 14:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jul 2015, 18:04 PMrush

sorry but i can't see how this could reduce competitiveness, maybe i was not clear clear enough.
for example a standard ostheer loadout is close air support, mechanized assault and assault support, so u have two armor commanders and 1 support commander.

pick one from each category and think of the worst case scenario, i don't see no underpowered combination.
i think the same goes for other factions as well.

NKVD tactics is utter dog vomit for Soviets, The Recon one for USF is pretty bad with an overpriced infantry call-in as the "big pay-off", Elite Armor is too expensive for resource starved OKW. Also getting any Howie doctrine and the opponent getting an airstrike doctrine would pretty much neuter your doctrine.
This is an interesting idea for Mods, but for Auto-match it just seems like someone trolling because they keep losing to same doctrine.
7 Aug 2015, 16:35 PM

Maybe if there was a option to take the random commanders it would work, but forcing it on everyone wouldn't be good since a lot of people are only comfortable to play with one or two commanders and getting only shit commanders, (for example Jaeger Armor - Infantry Doctirne - Storm Doctirne would be pretty bad for 1v1) would mean that you pretty much have to stick with the base army against heavier armor and so on.
So - wouldn't work for automatch, maybe as a optional thing or maybe as a mod
7 Aug 2015, 16:45 PM

I suggested random commanders could be an option for random faction picks, as part of a list of what you want randomed. But as standard? No way, not if I get Fortified armour, Defensive and German Infantry.
8 Aug 2015, 18:53 PM
Donator 11

ahh not bad as some sort of "partymode" but if you get 3 crap commander lacking off map arti and you face some ML20s

More RNG less esport
GG WP
9 Aug 2015, 17:47 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jul 2015, 15:37 PMrush
COH2 is a game blessed (plagued?) by rng, it can determine anything that happens during a game and can make or break your game, while its effects on certain engagements can be quite annoying i do think RNG should take a bigger part in game.
hear this out, imagine that instead of having a predetermined loadout the game actually picks 3 random commanders for you, and you get to choose in game.
this would make players experiment with all commanders and become more and more creative.
the selection of doctrines however is not to be made completely randomly, all commanders can fit into 3 categories, infantry armor and support, u get 1 of each.
also every commander has a value so that the balance can be kept.
WHAT DO YOU GUYS THINK???????

Sounds interesting if its put in a way armor support and infantry but how to place which commander in each category is the task needed to be taken.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS