Login

russian armor

Sprice's style of play...

28 Jul 2015, 13:56 PM

Can someone explain to me what are the ops and cons of playing like SPrice. Seems to me that he is having a fine time with spamming REs and equipping them with BARs as front line infantry units. I tried the style and it seems so much mobile and verstaile, which I prefer. Can anyone explain to me the BO and the tricks and tips of the style?
28 Jul 2015, 14:56 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Can someone explain to me what are the ops and cons of playing like SPrice. Seems to me that he is having a fine time with spamming REs and equipping them with BARs as front line infantry units. I tried the style and it seems so much mobile and verstaile, which I prefer. Can anyone explain to me the BO and the tricks and tips of the style?

for this patch, I've started doing this. But not on the extremity that price does it.

I start with 2 RE,3 rifles, maybe an engineer.
Then captain Stuart, M10.

As the game drags on, and as I'm waiting for M10 and or losing rifles,and I gain more muni/MP float, instead of double barring every squad, I simply buy another RE and give them a bar each time I have 160 MP/60 muni, until there's 4-5(maybe 6, maybe 7, Kappa)RE, 1-2 rifles, all equipped with bars. If there's vehicles, then sweeper/ zooms on top of that.

Which is so forgiving on the MP bleeding.

I don't really like double barring because losing the squad is extremely painful, and the benefits are not that great over having just 1 bar

Usually I if I get bazooka bar RE, I use them defensively

Prepare to create 30-50 squads and have unbelievably horrible K/d ratio, and know that with all these BARS, you're basically a weapon piñata.
Expect your enemy to pick up 4-5 dropped bars a game.

28 Jul 2015, 15:00 PM

imo price is an original, u can't copy his playstile cuz he builds entire strats on a single exploit which is extremely risky but can be very rewarding.
u should also know that timing is key with price he often wins games with 10 vps left just cuz that's the way he planned it.
28 Jul 2015, 15:56 PM
Admin Red  Badge
Donator 11

Price's play style wouldn't be one I'd struggle to mimic. Learn to combine arms effectively instead of how to blob effectively.
28 Jul 2015, 18:56 PM

The trick is to sacrifice your dignity. Only the filthiest of the filthy are worthy enough to unlock the secrets of Captain Sprice. I will bestow upon you a piece of advice to start your descend the same way the Great Captain price started his: find a bug to exploit, exploit it hard, ruin the playing experience of your foes and gain as many wins as you can before it gets fixed. I suggest the SturmTiger reload bug. Go now young one, start your journey, and let non tell you you are a douchebag!
28 Jul 2015, 23:04 PM

OK thanks for the tips. But I didnt ask you to state your opinions on his style... I just asked the cons and pros of his style of play as USF, cause the idea of non meta play is interesting to me.
29 Jul 2015, 15:58 PM
Donator 22

Fact is, It work very well.... Better than combine arms, better than normal strats or anything else(Like CAS shreck spam).

Tried Sprice strat today, after a horrible 2v2 game on trois ponts. I started with my standard strat (4 rifles, captain,upgrade BARS, armor commander), got absolutely murdered by MG in buildings + bunker + mortars. Tried to use combined arms and everything. Then come ostwind and command panther, just @lol A click over su 76. The game was lost but I decide to go for Sprice strat to troll them until the end. Poped 4 Re for nothing, give them 8 zooka, charge with captain in front of panther, use "On me" launch 12 rockets, command panther forced to retreat.

Then Yolo go into enemy base with 105 mm Sherman, Enemy Werch use CAS, just @lol with On me to avoid strafe. Enemy armor get a rocket barrage, enemy infantry get a 105 mm shell in the face, destroy enemy base while your mate push the map. GG .

Even if you loose many RE model, you don't care, it's cheap, I got MP float...

Really, it's hard to believe that even the best strat can be countered by shreck/zook spam. It's viable...
29 Jul 2015, 16:10 PM

Upside:

It can be very effective and you could win games.

Downside:

Everyone will hate you.
29 Jul 2015, 16:15 PM

Why hate? Because they can't counter something that is non meta?
29 Jul 2015, 16:18 PM

Why hate? Because they can't counter something that is non meta?

Price gets countered, the problem is that it is always a long, slow and painful death.
29 Jul 2015, 16:21 PM

Kappa I'm filthy :(
29 Jul 2015, 16:22 PM

Oh, shit, look, somebody is doing non meta strats, fuck that guy :snfPeter:

People are mad because they cant beat his silly strats, thats why they hate him so much :snfPeter:
29 Jul 2015, 18:33 PM

OP, tank traps everywhere, wire everywhere, don't be afraid to build muni caches.

Build tank traps in front of fighting positions so that shots don't hit it from the front.

Don't be afraid to equip your Major with dual LMGs. He can act as a cheap caster this way.

If you have a good lmg blob don't bother with Shermans unless it's a timing attack. Jacksons should do fine.

Go Airborne or Infantry for M1919s or Pathfinders.

To beat Pak 43 with RE blob and Jacksons you need a pack howie, TOT arty, or paratroopers satchel charge. When backed by flak hq no paras.

31 Jul 2015, 01:23 AM

Pros:
Expendable/Cheap
Cost effective
Scale well with vet
Map control/Capping Power
Effective when used well and Versatile
Less manpower bleed (Rifles have serious manpower bleed)
Bars help REs a lot more than Rifles
Excellent defenders, able to hold ground with F.Ps and support

(Pro and Con depends on you)
Works well with specific commander choices

Cons:
Requires specific support (Anti-tank, scotts)
You will lose a lot of units
Weaker initial engagements
No grenades (solved with 1 or 2 rifles as support units + extra dps)
Weak to early mg spam, FP with rifle grenade might help dislodge mgs
They get shredded, Sturms and close quarter units especially
Easy to wipe with arti (lost all 4 to ISGs or Mortars so many times

Overall if you do go for a RE heavy strat I would recommend either Armor doc or Airborne doc. Assault engis could be really good as they unleash devastating ire power early as the RE soaks some damage for them. Airborne/Pathfinders also work well from long range as REs get close.
Armor doc also has the m10 and would work well with RE support.

As the game progresses I would get a Scott because they are really good against infantry and can help REs
Armor doc go m10s, Airborne doc go jacksons.

I'm not sure which tech would the the best with REs but I usually always go Capt.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★