Login

russian armor

USF Suggestions

28 Jul 2015, 22:44 PM

USF is by far the weakest faction in the game right now i dont know why relic bother making them if they were this garbage meanwhile axis can pump out MGs even quicker after the July 21 patch plus they still hog and hoard all of the best AT, armor and dare i say infantry in-game
28 Jul 2015, 22:56 PM

I'm guessing you don't play 1v1's? If you think the USF is the weakest faction, then you obviously haven't played ProKW. USF strives against ProKW while its effectiveness against Wehrmacht isn't that great; with ProKW, both the USF and Russians are a better faction.

EDIT: Checked your playercard and you don't even have any OKW games let alone any 1v1's.
28 Jul 2015, 23:02 PM

why would i want to play OKW they are easy and boring as fuck. no RNG and micro required USF is more like frustrating and "challenging" at the moment until relic decides to do something if they do something
28 Jul 2015, 23:04 PM

You forgot the Kappa at the end of your sentence. Most people would agree that OKW is the weakest 1v1 faction right now, yet you keep towing the "USF is weakest faction" line.
28 Jul 2015, 23:05 PM

why would i want to play OKW they are easy and boring as fuck. no RNG and micro required USF is more like frustrating and "challenging" at the moment until relic decides to do something if they do something

OKW is actually the second most challenging faction to play (USF is obviously the most). But then again ~opinions~

wait i just noticed you have 0 games as any faction other than USF lol
28 Jul 2015, 23:09 PM

You forgot the Kappa at the end of your sentence. Most people would agree that OKW is the weakest 1v1 faction right now, yet you keep towing the "USF is weakest faction" line.

REALLY? OKW being THE WEAKEST!?! Maybe in a 1v1 match but its the other way around especially in 3v3 and 4v4 matches I've had those little ghey uberwagen shut me down easy because its a mobile MG on wheels and then they bring that big flaktrack and just camp there until the end of the game
28 Jul 2015, 23:16 PM

OKW is the weakest faction, but you wouldn't know since you've never played any other faction but the USF :romeoMug: Axis aren't even a guaranteed victory in 3v3's because even with my expertise with PRoKW in 2v2's and 1v1's, I lost to a 3 man USF stack once.
28 Jul 2015, 23:22 PM

OKW is the weakest faction, but you wouldn't know since you've never played any other faction but the USF :romeoMug: Axis aren't even a guaranteed victory in 3v3's because even with my expertise with PRoKW in 2v2's and 1v1's, I lost to a 3 man USF stack once.

you wouldn't be saying that if OKW had OST covering their backs they are a nasty combo when working together i've seen it with my own two eyes...
28 Jul 2015, 23:55 PM

currently except 1V1, there is no early game for USF, two HMG or two Kubel, shuts down everything, I just dunno why relic still allow okw blob VG but not allow usf blob their infantry even it is only option for USF, what is the point? I have moved to soviets usf is simply not playable at this stage.
28 Jul 2015, 23:57 PM

provide more options for USF early game please Relic
29 Jul 2015, 00:01 AM
Developer Relic Badge

Here's my ideas on what USF core needs without redesigning things entirely that would break other things without the need for god awful heavy tanks and elite infantry to carry them which some people suggest -hint: Soviet players didn't like that, why should USF go over to the same thing?:

Ambulance:
Population: Reduce to 3 from 4, perhaps even lower. Would help with the MP issue. Combined with the below Major changes, MP upkeep would be less.

Mortar Addition:
As people have suggested, make it available from T0. Smoke would be useful. If I were to design and make the stats for the unit, the mortar would have only 60 range on auto-fire and barrages (ATG range) forcing it to be close, but also make it drop shells the fastest. Yes, even faster than the Ostheer mortar nicknamed "Turbo Mortar". AOE kill range would be 1m or less with a slightly higher drop-off. Scatter would be similar or maybe a bit lower than the other mortars as its scatter would be worse at range 60 than the other mortars which have 80+ range.

Bazooka
Price: Reduce to 50 munitions. Makes them easier to get.
Accuracy(?): Rather than boost penetration and/or damage, I wonder if buffing the accuracy would be better to make it miss less at range so it'd be better at deterring armour that enter range rather than just making it so that we get the issue of armour getting bursted down.

Rear Echelon
Volley Fire: Removed the received accuracy penalty they take and make the ability ramp up slightly faster. Currently the only time it sees use is the very early game. Still won't be the old days where it instant pinned everything.
Rifle Grenade: Allow them to attack ground/bombard a target area when in a Fighting Position.

Riflemen:
Veterancy: Make it so rifles get 40% increased accuracy like all other infantry. If you haven't noticed, while rifles shoot fast their damage for the majority of their weapons is low. M1 Garands only deal 8 damage so the squad needs to have high accuracy late game because it takes a ton of rounds to drop a single model, especially when cover is everywhere which helps negate their ROF over bolts. Burst is far more valuable at that point than sustained DPS.

Possible Recieved Accuracy bonus: Received accuracy bonus could be higher. While they get theirs at Vet 2, it's entirely negated by Vet 2 Axis vet -Grens 40% increased accuracy. Could also help with the USF issue of MP bleed and allow Riflemen to stay on the field longer to deal sustained DPS with their low damage weapons.

M20
Reduce manpower price: Yes, it comes with a bazooka crew, but it's more of an extra feature than a complete necessity when adding to cost. 280-300 would be good.

.50Cal:
Received Accuracy: Base crew should not have a received accuracy penalty or make it lower to improve their limited survivabiliy.
Reinforce: Make the original crew match other weapon teams. Should be 20-22 manpower.
Gun Health: Fix the weapons health and armour to match other MGs. It breaks way too much.

57mm ATG
Accuracy: Change it to match other ATGs at 0.06/0.05/0.04. Currently set to 0.055/0.0425/0.03
Penetration: 150/135/130 from 140/125/115. Could be altered but a little more pen could help.
Cover: Make the gun provide cover for its crew. If it does, it definitely not showing from what I've seen even though the files says the gun provides team weapon cover.

Major:
Population: Make the Major 1 population for his model which make him cost 3 population from 5.
Major Artillery: Fix barrage time. Minimum time for a shell is set to 4, Max is 2. Reverse the numbers. Then either/or:
1: Reduce the cost to something like 70-80 munitions to allow it to be used more.
2: Increase cooldown, but make the barrage free. It would be the USF's weird version of a howitzer and give them that artillery superiority they had in the war.
3:Increase the number of shells to make it more area denial.
4:Tighten the scatter to be more accurate. Still be worse than the IR Pathfinder Barrage.

Now I know LT tier would still be incredibly vulnerable to early armour and nothing addresses that. Bazookas probably wouldn't carry you to the end, but I'm not sure whether or not things should go to T0, requiring any officer or not. Also makes the tech three look strange unless a unit from each tree was pulled into T0.
Hux
29 Jul 2015, 00:21 AM
Patrion 14

I'm not sure I would change much. Would like to see ambulance only able to act as a med bunker and heal but not reinforce to be honest and Rear Echilons models to be able to be merged into other squads in order to keep cost effectiveness of rifles (and other support teams) from becoming unwieldy.
I guess a risk of 'watering down' the combat effectiveness of units would be present if this tactic was overused thereby retaining some risk/reward but it could help open up some new build orders in the early game that don't just focus on churning out rifle after rifle after rifle without altering the factions overall design too heavily.
29 Jul 2015, 00:55 AM

Here's my ideas on what USF core needs without redesigning things entirely that would break other things without the need for god awful heavy tanks and elite infantry to carry them which some people suggest -hint: Soviet players didn't like that, why should USF go over to the same thing?:

Ambulance:
Population: Reduce to 3 from 4, perhaps even lower. Would help with the MP issue. Combined with the below Major changes, MP upkeep would be less.

Mortar Addition:
As people have suggested, make it available from T0. Smoke would be useful. If I were to design and make the stats for the unit, the mortar would have only 60 range on auto-fire and barrages (ATG range) forcing it to be close, but also make it drop shells the fastest. Yes, even faster than the Ostheer mortar nicknamed "Turbo Mortar". AOE kill range would be 1m or less with a slightly higher drop-off. Scatter would be similar or maybe a bit lower than the other mortars as its scatter would be worse at range 60 than the other mortars which have 80+ range.

Bazooka
Price: Reduce to 50 munitions. Makes them easier to get.
Accuracy(?): Rather than boost penetration and/or damage, I wonder if buffing the accuracy would be better to make it miss less at range so it'd be better at deterring armour that enter range rather than just making it so that we get the issue of armour getting bursted down.

Rear Echelon
Volley Fire: Removed the received accuracy penalty they take and make the ability ramp up slightly faster. Currently the only time it sees use is the very early game. Still won't be the old days where it instant pinned everything.
Rifle Grenade: Allow them to attack ground/bombard a target area when in a Fighting Position.

Riflemen:
Veterancy: Make it so rifles get 40% increased accuracy like all other infantry. If you haven't noticed, while rifles shoot fast their damage for the majority of their weapons is low. M1 Garands only deal 8 damage so the squad needs to have high accuracy late game because it takes a ton of rounds to drop a single model, especially when cover is everywhere which helps negate their ROF over bolts. Burst is far more valuable at that point than sustained DPS.

Possible Recieved Accuracy bonus: Received accuracy bonus could be higher. While they get theirs at Vet 2, it's entirely negated by Vet 2 Axis vet -Grens 40% increased accuracy. Could also help with the USF issue of MP bleed and allow Riflemen to stay on the field longer to deal sustained DPS with their low damage weapons.

M20
Reduce manpower price: Yes, it comes with a bazooka crew, but it's more of an extra feature than a complete necessity when adding to cost. 280-300 would be good.

.50Cal:
Received Accuracy: Base crew should not have a received accuracy penalty or make it lower to improve their limited survivabiliy.
Reinforce: Make the original crew match other weapon teams. Should be 20-22 manpower.
Gun Health: Fix the weapons health and armour to match other MGs. It breaks way too much.

57mm ATG
Accuracy: Change it to match other ATGs at 0.06/0.05/0.04. Currently set to 0.055/0.0425/0.03
Penetration: 150/135/130 from 140/125/115. Could be altered but a little more pen could help.
Cover: Make the gun provide cover for its crew. If it does, it definitely not showing from what I've seen even though the files says the gun provides team weapon cover.

Major:
Population: Make the Major 1 population for his model which make him cost 3 population from 5.
Major Artillery: Fix barrage time. Minimum time for a shell is set to 4, Max is 2. Reverse the numbers. Then either/or:
1: Reduce the cost to something like 70-80 munitions to allow it to be used more.
2: Increase cooldown, but make the barrage free. It would be the USF's weird version of a howitzer and give them that artillery superiority they had in the war.
3:Increase the number of shells to make it more area denial.
4:Tighten the scatter to be more accurate. Still be worse than the IR Pathfinder Barrage.

Now I know LT tier would still be incredibly vulnerable to early armour and nothing addresses that. Bazookas probably wouldn't carry you to the end, but I'm not sure whether or not things should go to T0, requiring any officer or not. Also makes the tech three look strange unless a unit from each tree was pulled into T0.

I strongly support the accuracy buff for the bazooka since it tends to miss more than hit its targets but if you were too ask me i would also slightly buff the penetration close to the panzershreck so that way its good as a DPS AT weapon just as the Panzershreck a DPH AT weapon
29 Jul 2015, 01:05 AM

Giving Riflemen a lot of accuracy with vet would make them more drastically outperform basic infantry than they already do. They should get more survivability based vet so the player can be more aggressive.
29 Jul 2015, 02:00 AM

Giving Riflemen a lot of accuracy with vet would make them more drastically outperform basic infantry than they already do. They should get more survivability based vet so the player can be more aggressive.

That would just promote blobbimg. IMO Rifles should be glass cannons, right now (non doctrinally) they are just glass.
29 Jul 2015, 02:02 AM

the current usf is designed for infantry blobing, what else option it has?
29 Jul 2015, 02:06 AM

Other option is making Rifles more damaging with vet but making them less survivable.

There's a reason Falls, Pzgrens aren't blobbed
29 Jul 2015, 02:11 AM

usf needs more early game options.
29 Jul 2015, 03:16 AM

T0 cheapo mortar I agree
29 Jul 2015, 03:24 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Other option is making Rifles more damaging with vet but making them less survivable.

There's a reason Falls, Pzgrens aren't blobbed

Crazy idea, let's make them work with their unique vet 3 benefit: The -50% ability cooldown reduction.

The cost of abilities are reduced by #%, # being a fair and balanced number.

The current cooldown reduction can be pretty nice, but ability cost is also a significant barrier to using abilities, so...let's make them work late-game through that. Can't win by shooting, win by grenades.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★