Login

russian armor

USF Suggestions

28 Jul 2015, 11:39 AM

I've been browsing a lot of threads lately where people have posted a number of solutions to USF's current problems. I decided to throw a list of my own together, so tell me what you think. These can be implemented in any permutation (one, all, or none :foreveralone: ).

-Making Assault Engineers stock units located in t0, locked behind either PL or Company tiers. They retain their current abilities, etc. In Armor Company they are replaced by Cavalry Riflemen copy-pasted from AA, minus the halftrack. Come in at 1-2 CP's.

-Making the 1919A6 a Major-tier upgrade, but limiting it to one per squad. Alternatively, no limit, but a nerf/removal of defensive stance. In infantry company it is replaced with Rangers at 3 CP.

-Increase the RE cost to 180 MP, give them better received accuracy and a weaker ostruppen cover buff.

-Include some sort of upkeep/reinforcement cost reduction upgrade so that riflemen don't bleed you out late game.

-Lower the price of the BAR & Bazooka to ~50 munitions.

-Give USF medium tanks crush, so that pathing doesn't obliterate what little hope they have of survival.

-Tweak riflemen by making at nades part of the grenade package and replace their vet 1 with something useful.

That's all I can think of right now, I may add to this later. Hopefully between all of us we can brainstorm some sort of healthy solution.
28 Jul 2015, 11:45 AM

Just revert ost starting MP buff, mg-42 slight damage or suppresion nerf againts single squads, add a mortar to USF, and maybe buff up rifle scaling a bit, there done.
28 Jul 2015, 12:17 PM
Donator 11

My suggestions for US Forces:
(a) Make LT cheaper, so that people use both LT and CPT. For example 30 fuel for LT.
(b) Make smoke and granades cheaper to use.
(c) Make their bazookas better and cheaper.
(d) Give them a mortar.

My suggestion for making all infantry better is:
(e) Let the tanks carry infantry (as seen in the movies), so that the infantry can come back faster to the combat from their homebase.
28 Jul 2015, 15:49 PM

So you want riflemans get only one m1919 in late game, when grenadeirs can have just the same weapon after first battlephase?
28 Jul 2015, 15:57 PM

Gib rifles vet 1 smoke, buffed AT nades in package.
28 Jul 2015, 16:07 PM

USF units cost efficiency needs to be addressed. Almost all of their mid game options are too expensive.

LT should be 30 fuel and M20 should not cost 340 manpower now that its hard counter arrives at the same time.

Riflemen need to not suck. They are awesome for the first 5 minutes and then fall into cost inefficiency in the late game. Either make them less powerful in the early game and reduce their cost or make them have better survivability late game with their current stupid reinforcement cost. If Sturmpios got reduced to 32mp I think you can do something for riflebros.

I don't think the mortar is going to be the magic bullet everyone is expecting. An early game centered on a unit that is RNG based sounds troublesome.
aaa
28 Jul 2015, 16:27 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jul 2015, 11:45 AMBurts
Just revert ost starting MP buff, mg-42 slight damage or suppresion nerf againts single squads, add a mortar to USF, and maybe buff up rifle scaling a bit, there done.

+

Their opening is OP at the moment. Move sniper to T3 nerf MG, revert starting MP buff do whatever. But nerf it!

May be germ OP opening had a compensation in later stages, but I dont see it. Most absurd thing is MG sniper combo. There should not be available so early. One or another.

28 Jul 2015, 16:30 PM

Changes id make...

- Reduce LT cost to 30 fuel (BUT no free LMG)
- Fire up ability for all infantry when the Major arrives. (better leadership or whatever you wanna pin it as) to give rifles some end game viability.
- Non doctrinal heavy tank (Pershing) available after all officers arrive + a Battlphase after that for 60 fuel to unlock it.
- More commanders with more unit options. (Sniper, Mortars, rangers ect...)
- Ability for rear Echalons to reinforce squads like conscripts. (as they so often did).
- Buff zook pen not dmg.
28 Jul 2015, 16:38 PM
Donator 11

Riflemen should get a buff or a cost reduction. They are too fragile for their cost.
aaa
28 Jul 2015, 16:40 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jul 2015, 11:45 AMBurts

You are good player. Can you tell how can yo counter early sniper on urban maps. Considering that MP starting buff gives them abilitu to start mg -> sniper -> gren spam no problem.

Exact build order if you can. Thank you.

Should I rush to M5 in this case. Maybe make a lowest number of units possible (like 3 cons not to lose too much map) and T1 -> T3. Is it viable vs that?
And not to engage anything. If I see or know there are units just go somewhere else or retreat to save MP.

PS Going own sniper firts is not viable (though I won some games this way) cuz if he opens with mass grens -> 222 you would lose theoreticaly
28 Jul 2015, 16:43 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jul 2015, 16:40 PMaaa

You are good player. Can you tell how can yo counter early sniper on urban maps. Considering that MP starting buff gives them abilitu to start mg -> sniper -> gren spam no problem.

Snipers are a bad idea on urban maps....

Use building LOS to get closer to them.
28 Jul 2015, 16:53 PM

I wouldn't make any changes to the USF since they're probably the 3rd most powerful faction in 1v1's; if you make anymore changes to the USF, you risk sending the ProKW into obscurity.

USF has better infantry early game than any other faction, but they also have the best late game infantry barring Obersoldatens(Vet 5) via Airbourne troops; they have the best tank destroyer in the game that outranges every other Axis tank at a cheap price.

USF is already a very powerful and viable faction in 1v1, so no changes are necessary.
aaa
28 Jul 2015, 17:04 PM

Its not much of USF need buffs. USFvsOKW SOVvsOKW are pretty much OK. Its more like OH needs to be nerfed. Esp. early game.
28 Jul 2015, 17:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jul 2015, 16:40 PMaaa

Should I rush to M5 in this case. Maybe make a lowest number of units possible (like 3 cons not to lose too much map) and T1 -> T3. Is it viable vs that?
And not to engage anything. If I see or know there are units just go somewhere else or retreat to save MP.

PS Going own sniper firts is not viable (though I won some games this way) cuz if he opens with mass grens -> 222 you would lose theoreticaly

Soviets have a fair nummber of ways to counter a sniper. One way is to probably just conspam, sniper doesn't really bleed cons enough to pay off, unless its an open map. M3 scout cars are a great tool. Countersniping in theory might work, but i havent seen really anyone do it.

Your best bet is to just get a lucky flank and pray for good RNG, or rush a light vehicle like a q quad or t-70.

AS usf its basically the same, only alot harder since your vehicles do less damage and your infantry bleeds really hard.
Just do something like 4 cons or 5 cons and add an engi squad after that, try to crap as much as possible with your cons and spam sandbbags everywhere, then once you have the fuel tech up and get aQquad.
aaa
28 Jul 2015, 17:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jul 2015, 17:14 PMBurts

Soviets have a fair nummber of ways to counter a sniper. One way is to probably just conspam, sniper doesn't really bleed cons enough to pay off, unless its an open map. M3 scout cars are a great tool. Countersniping in theory might work, but i havent seen really anyone do it.

Your best bet is to just get a lucky flank and pray for good RNG, or rush a light vehicle like a q quad or t-70.

AS usf its basically the same, only alot harder since your vehicles do less damage and your infantry bleeds really hard.
Just do something like 4 cons or 5 cons and add an engi squad after that, try to crap as much as possible with your cons and spam sandbbags everywhere, then once you have the fuel tech up and get aQquad.

I m very much disagree. Cons spam is the worst thing possible vs sniper. Cuz I asked to pay attention to starting MP buff and MG sniper combo. He is constantly keeping sniper near the house with MG or near grens. You have no chance to close distance to the sniper
28 Jul 2015, 17:49 PM

USF UP PLZ BUFF MOARR :hyper:
28 Jul 2015, 17:52 PM

USF is already OP. Why are we making suggestions. :foreveralone:
aaa
28 Jul 2015, 18:35 PM

I just remembered that MG instant supression bug was fixed. Maybe I'll try sniper first, 3 cons into fastest M5 possible vs OH.

Vs OKW I have much less problems. Didnt even remember when I was playing normaly and lost to them. This patch I mean
28 Jul 2015, 20:08 PM
Patrion 14

I would like it if the ambu and major wouldn't be such high popcap.
Hell, I don't even understand why the ambu costs 10 fuel, the kubel didn't cost any fuel when it arrived and it's a combat unit.

28 Jul 2015, 20:30 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jul 2015, 20:08 PMLooney
I would like it if the ambu and major wouldn't be such high popcap.

+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1+1

Nine pop for mobile reinforcement and healing is redonk. The forward retreat and reinforcement point thing about them is of course still dumb on large maps, but so is the former point.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★