Login

russian armor

The patch only made a new meta that's even more boring

28 Jul 2015, 14:45 PM
Donator 11

+1 I like the current meta. There's less blobbing and more combined arms.
28 Jul 2015, 14:45 PM

Patch is amazing.

Give okw a proper counter to ml20. Add 10 fuel to soviet t3 tech cost, remove 5 or 10 from t4 to compensate.

Those are the only glaring issues I've seen. Games are so much more aggressive, fast paced, exciting and varied this patch. No more spamming one or two units into spam call ins. Thank god that era is over.

Next we just have to fix minor stuff like falls being awful for their price, penals aren't great, ost sniper is a bit too survivable. Stuff like that.

The game is in a good place. I've always enjoyed playing against you in the past Sluz but you're always so negative.
28 Jul 2015, 14:51 PM

I like this patch and the balance it provides so far - with one exception: The quad cheese, this really needs sorting out, as OH appears pretty hopeless against this particular strat, and come to think of it, I also think arty needs to be re-scaled a little bit.
Edit: Also, OH sniper needs to be more susceptible to small arms. It can just mp-bleed US too easily and too carefree, a properly executed infantry flank should result in a dead sniper instead of the sniper dueling a rifle squad at point blank range and winning with incendiary...
28 Jul 2015, 15:26 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jul 2015, 06:51 AMJohnnyB
Dunno mate, the game feels more fun and less borring than ever.

I concur with this guy.
28 Jul 2015, 15:40 PM

28 Jul 2015, 15:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jul 2015, 14:45 PMCieZ
Patch is amazing.

Give okw a proper counter to ml20. Add 10 fuel to soviet t3 tech cost, remove 5 or 10 from t4 to compensate.

Those are the only glaring issues I've seen. Games are so much more aggressive, fast paced, exciting and varied this patch. No more spamming one or two units into spam call ins. Thank god that era is over.

Next we just have to fix minor stuff like falls being awful for their price, penals aren't great, ost sniper is a bit too survivable. Stuff like that.

The game is in a good place. I've always enjoyed playing against you in the past Sluz but you're always so negative.

+1

But USF also needs some buffs :sibHyena::sibHyena::sibHyena::sibHyena::sibHyena::sibHyena::sibHyena::sibHyena::sibHyena::sibHyena:
28 Jul 2015, 17:56 PM

Noisey have you been drinking again? Let's play some 2s U nub stop ignoring me!!!' YOUR MY ONLY FRIEND!!!
28 Jul 2015, 18:35 PM

I think the patch is bloody awesome. A few minor changes I think and the game will be in a great state.

Rearrange US units slightly so they have more options than RIFLEMAN RIFELMAN RIFLEMAN. I don't know exactly what, probably mortar in base building. Also I don't think a 5 man MG would go astray, the 50 cal is killed very very fast, but an extra man might be too much

I feel the soviet quadcannon needs a small change. Either more expensive or make it so it can't be built until t4 is up. It obliterates Pumas, Scout car and half track, and these units are essential for wehr players to survive, while also healing men and it comes very early. I feel the Russians should have to build at least a t70 or su76 to counter those vehicles easily, and not be able to build dual quad cannons and stomp on those units.

Wehr sniper could do with a very slight change. It's hard to know because it's great that he is very useful now, but maybe a slight firerate adjustment would balance him a little better. Target weak point is very useful, and can punish the slightest overextension too severely. I think a small adjustment wouldn't do any harm to make it slightly more fair. I think Brummbar is a bit too expensive at the moment, there's rarely a reason to build it for a very inconsistent anti Infantry tank. And I have felt for a while now that the panzerwerfer still needs some love. Katyusha is miles better than this unit, and it's almost always better to build something else to kill infantry blobs (backtech to ostwind is almost always a better option). When I build T3 I use at least 2 of the 3 units there, but with T4 it's just panther all the way, and that's a shame. The panzerwerfer is just too inconsistent and I would like a change to this also. Maybe more rockets, maybe tighter circle I don't know. Something to make it more viable, at least somewhat close to how well the katyusha performs.
28 Jul 2015, 18:41 PM
Patrion 15

Aside from the ML-20 and the Quad being over the top, and the US being kinda underwhelming I really think this patch is great. It opened up the use of so many units that we haven't seen in such a long time. Before this patch, it was call ins or nothing, but we actually get to play with mediums again, and it's great.
28 Jul 2015, 18:43 PM

If you want to fix T4 the way to do it is this;

1. Panther is 150 fuel (with T4 being so insanely expensive the Panther shouldn't be even more on top of that)

2. Pwerer get's it's original amount of rockets fired back (16) and some more health/armor to reflect the fact it's actually a HT.

3. Sturmpanzer IV gets better pathing and a hold fire button considering the only way to hit accurately with it is using attack ground.
28 Jul 2015, 18:59 PM

The patch is really ridiculous.

As Soviet, you need to rush T-3 early early for win. If the game during, you are dead.

T-3 + t-4 for soviet cost so much manpower.

And Relic really don't pay attention for the game, coz :

- command tank at 8 cp, KV-1 at 8 cp, Sherman soviet at 10 cp.

In a game vs ihitto, i made a heavy start with a lot of inf and i went to T-34/85.

I needed 1200 manpower for one t-34/85 HAHAHAHAHA

And ihitto : 350 manpower for his noob Pz 4 command tank at 8 cp

FAIR haha
28 Jul 2015, 19:08 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jul 2015, 06:51 AMJohnnyB
Dunno mate, the game feels more fun and less borring than ever.

Agreed on this 100%
Phy
28 Jul 2015, 19:11 PM

I think the patch has several issues (and not minor) which need to be adressed but it is a fact that the game is in its best moment. Never seen such a diversity of units and different strats in every game. Steps in the right direction.

3 Aug 2015, 08:26 AM

i still think all "call-ins" should need to be built, maybe tie heavies to high tier aswell, but still keep cp requirement before you can build em?
3 Aug 2015, 08:33 AM

Its ALOT better than it was. Just need some fine tuning.
3 Aug 2015, 08:38 AM

Muricans still need buffs and design changes.
3 Aug 2015, 08:41 AM

If you want to fix T4 the way to do it is this;

1. Panther is 150 fuel (with T4 being so insanely expensive the Panther shouldn't be even more on top of that)

Why do you have so hard time comprehending the concept of cost effectiveness and tech cost being indicator of TIMING, not performance.

2. Pwerer get's it's original amount of rockets fired back (16) and some more health/armor to reflect the fact it's actually a HT.

Its already more armored then Katy.
Drive closer for better accuracy.

3. Sturmpanzer IV gets better pathing and a hold fire button considering the only way to hit accurately with it is using attack ground.

Pathing fix, yes, but its accurate enough, attack ground only maximizes that accuracy.
3 Aug 2015, 08:50 AM

The patch is really ridiculous.

As Soviet, you need to rush T-3 early early for win. If the game during, you are dead.

T-3 + t-4 for soviet cost so much manpower.

And Relic really don't pay attention for the game, coz :

- command tank at 8 cp, KV-1 at 8 cp, Sherman soviet at 10 cp.

In a game vs ihitto, i made a heavy start with a lot of inf and i went to T-34/85.

I needed 1200 manpower for one t-34/85 HAHAHAHAHA

And ihitto : 350 manpower for his noob Pz 4 command tank at 8 cp

FAIR haha

Are you on medication?

The p4 command tank doesn't have any real AT capability thus 8cp is its arrival time.

You cant compare a Command tank as the same thing as a T34/85 lol T34/85 has alot more HP and more AT of course it should come later. (not that it always does tbh ive seen them out before 8cp).

If they could call in a normal P4 at 8cp then id agree with you, but thats not the case.
3 Aug 2015, 08:50 AM

Remember that time before WFA release when balance was nearly perfect, then the expansion came out?

This is that time.
3 Aug 2015, 08:56 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jul 2015, 14:45 PMCieZ
Patch is amazing.

+1

I'm having more fun this patch than I have in a long while and a lot of it has to do with how diverse the meta has become.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★