Login

russian armor

The patch only made a new meta that's even more boring

28 Jul 2015, 05:43 AM

Well, now I think I can give my two cents: the patch made the game more boring, except maybe for US and OKW which actually have more options now.

Soviets have to build T3 to get T4. No rushing a Katy. No stalling for call-ins. Well, you can try it but it probably won't work.

Ostheer has to build T2 to fight Soviet T3 or US T1. At least now the flamenwurfer is back, but you can't do a risky T3 rush anymore. You're going to get pulverized, but in 2v2 it was a definite option for one Ostheer player to rush T3. I have tried it and no amount of grens and snipers is worth not having T2 up.

OKW and US have more options. OKW can go Flak HT to whatever AT they want or just insta-counter Sov T3 with a Puma, and then T4 for whatever anti-inf option they choose. Or sit around the med truck and fight off vehicles with shrecks and raketenwurfers until T4 or Stuka, depending on the Sov/US play style. Similarly US can go bars and zooks, or T1 vehicles, or attempt to stall for Shermans with zooks/bars. The viability of bar RE spam now is pretty sickening and another glaring design flaw but at least it compensates for the non-existent late US game.

Mostly I'm disappointed that Ostheer, my favorite faction, now only has flavor offered by commanders and you pretty much have to have Jaegar Armor available every game in case of the dreaded ISU/artillery combo I'm seeing a lot. There were a lot more playstyles available before the Soviet T3 buff. T3 is almost in need of buffs I'd say, since cheap SU-76s easily counter PZiVs/Ostwinds. Only CAS gives you an infantry heavy option and it's barely viable vs the M5's suppression. Hopefully they can figure out the math and slow down Sov T3 slightly without overbuffing Ostheer to make other options available, but right now I'd rather go back to the double IS-2/quartet of T34/85s vs double Tiger fights. At least that was fun, and not as frustrating as trying to get a second pak shot on the M5.

28 Jul 2015, 05:46 AM

Once quad and ml20 are nerfed and USF t0 given mortar and cleaned around the edges (buggy commanders, slow af nades, shitty zooks, etc) games meta will be amazing.
28 Jul 2015, 06:16 AM

Boring?? Soviets can finally do proper combined arms. You see everything on the field, there is variety. Maybe you're wrong, and what you propose is just what you like. And since you like withholding all resources until 20min to get a heavy tank out, what you like is crap
28 Jul 2015, 06:19 AM
Patrion 14

The call in spam meta wasn't fun. It never was.
28 Jul 2015, 06:24 AM
Patrion 14

i dont think allowing sov to go t4 after building t1 and t2 won't be too bad.

forgoing t3 is a huge loss and it's not like rushing t34 or katty or su85 is too troubling.
28 Jul 2015, 06:51 AM

Dunno mate, the game feels more fun and less borring than ever.
28 Jul 2015, 09:14 AM
Donator 11

SU should be able to skip T3
28 Jul 2015, 09:26 AM

No more free comebacks with call-ins. I love this patch.
28 Jul 2015, 10:14 AM

Combined Arms everywhere, i dont know why the game is boring for u rofl.

Now u can be a little bit more creative and try new stuff.

Stalling for call ins.....tzzzz if thats fun
28 Jul 2015, 10:28 AM

Disagree here as well.

All factions are in a good position. Of course small adjustments could be made but that's fine after such a huge patch for game meta.

One of the best patches after game launch.
28 Jul 2015, 10:57 AM
Donator 11

I love the current state of the game... especially the only 1 heavy tank change and the soviet call in change :)

USF needs a mortar to counter MG42 and everything is fine...

I hope the brits wont mess up anything again DansGame
28 Jul 2015, 11:14 AM

Once quad and ml20 are nerfed and USF t0 given mortar and cleaned around the edges (buggy commanders, slow af nades, shitty zooks, etc) games meta will be amazing.

+1.

But I don't think the M5 quad needs a nerf. It's more of an Ost T2 timing issue. Reducing BP1 by 10 fuel and T2 by 5 fuel would make a world of difference in that regard.

Don't have recon + Stuka? You're screwed against the ML-20 cheesebombing your base to death in 1v1. The turtle is real. And of course OKW don't have a hard-counter for it apart from the YOLO bumrush. ML-20 is just too much in it's current iteration.

Completely agree about USF. All of these changes would make the game pretty darn fun if they were implemented!
OBK
28 Jul 2015, 11:20 AM

Another Allied cry post. Bye!
28 Jul 2015, 12:22 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jul 2015, 06:24 AMpigsoup
i dont think allowing sov to go t4 after building t1 and t2 won't be too bad.

forgoing t3 is a huge loss and it's not like rushing t34 or katty or su85 is too troubling.

Hello 9 minute T34/85's.
28 Jul 2015, 12:39 PM
Admin Red  Badge

Double IS2s/quartetts of T34/85s vs double Tigers was probably the most boring matchup ever. It's sad to see how long it lasted in this game and it's sad to see you prefer it over the current patch. The new patch offers more interesting and viable strategies and commanders to go with. You just have to test out new stuff and change your mindset.

Of course I agree with the fact that some fine tuning has to be done. Apart from that, the new patch is quite enjoyable.
28 Jul 2015, 12:52 PM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

I think the game never been in a better state. I really enjoy the patch.
28 Jul 2015, 12:59 PM

I think what you experiencing is the attraction of players to the new. As things begin to settle out you should see the diversity of options open up. In larger games I have seen many different strats and feel much less locked into specific strategies, things appear to be working nicely. Ost teching is really designed to be linear, so that shouldn't surprise you.

Overall good patch, diversity much higher.
28 Jul 2015, 13:24 PM

I do think this is the best the game has been, but I would somehow like something to be done about soviets getting t3 every game, and rushing it so often.
28 Jul 2015, 14:16 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Double IS2s/quartetts of T34/85s vs double Tigers was probably the most boring matchup ever. It's sad to see how long it lasted in this game and it's sad to see you prefer it over the current patch. The new patch offers more interesting and viable strategies and commanders to go with. You just have to test out new stuff and change your mindset.

Of course I agree with the fact that some fine tuning has to be done. Apart from that, the new patch is quite enjoyable.

:)
28 Jul 2015, 14:35 PM

Soviet Meta is now more diverse than ever.

Maxims and arty are now actually viable, heavy tanks have been pushed back and T34/85s now no longer out-class stock tanks simply by virtue of not needing tech. You can also get easier access to all the stock tanks which means you no longer need to 'fill the gaps' with doctrinal units as you would have pre-patch. These changes have made nearly all Soviet doctrines viable instead of having a few that were a lot more potent than others.

There is some tinkering to be done, for example the early availability and the favorable resource cost of the m5 Quad out-shadows the T70. The ML-20 fires 2 too many shots (in my opinion). Partisans are still pretty shitty units and SU76 spam in team games is problematic on a lot of maps. But despite this, Soviet now have a whole lot more viable options.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★