Login

russian armor

Flacktrack

28 Jul 2015, 13:38 PM
Donator 11

I also think Flaktrack could be 5-10 fuel cheaper.

But the major problem is the overperformance of M5 Quad against light vehicles. It destroys Flaktracks, FHTs, 222s and stuff in 1,5 salvos.
28 Jul 2015, 13:43 PM

A move and it sets up on the move, try this

Unreliable, because it keeps moving forward while it is setting up, good way to lose a HT if u let it go far but if u stop it then setup restarts, and that is risk too, if u pick specific target to shoot at first, it resets the set up again.
28 Jul 2015, 13:49 PM

Unreliable, because it keeps moving forward while it is setting up, good way to lose a HT if u let it go far but if u stop it then setup restarts, and that is risk too, if u pick specific target to shoot at first, it resets the set up again.

You can tell it to move to a safe location and attack ground near the safe location. It'll still setup while moving. Just hit "Stop" once its setup and it'll change to real targets.
28 Jul 2015, 13:57 PM

I didn't like it from the beginning. I shreds everyone and everything. Wipes units like crazy and insta-pins. On the other hand, it's window of action is very limited, and should be positioned very well.

I think it should act as a crowd control unit instead of finishing off infantry. IMO its damage needs a huge nerf, but also a price buff so it acts as a more expensive and better armored Kuble for mid/late game blobs.
28 Jul 2015, 14:20 PM

Just give it 480 health like the Puma
28 Jul 2015, 14:23 PM

Puma have 400 health.

Seriously alex... one thing correct.
28 Jul 2015, 14:48 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jul 2015, 13:49 PMdbmb

You can tell it to move to a safe location and attack ground near the safe location. It'll still setup while moving. Just hit "Stop" once its setup and it'll change to real targets.

Just do this guys.

Abusing bugs isn't part of balance and should not be considered in a balance argument...

When that specific bug is perform by doing something as simple as moving a unit with attack command, i'll consider it an overlooked feature (same with popcap as USF).
When it hasn't been fixed for 6+ months you can consider it part of the unit.
28 Jul 2015, 14:51 PM

Yeah I had a recent game against USF where they had a captain before I had 55 fuel for the flak and we had territory evenly split. Saved for a puma instead because had I gone flak his stuart 2 minutes later would have countered it hard. Maybe make the flak 45 fuel instead. Though I am weary about doing this.
28 Jul 2015, 15:01 PM

Whole point of Captain tier is to counter mech. Even then Puma is a good choice assuming your not beelining flak HQ.

They go LT>build Flaktrack

They go CPT>build Puma

I agree that vs Sovs Flaktrack is very risky, but idk what to say.
28 Jul 2015, 15:06 PM

It really needs to be lowered to 50 fuel.
28 Jul 2015, 15:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jul 2015, 14:23 PMKatitof
Puma have 400 health.

Seriously alex... one thing correct.

Then give it 400 health like the Puma. Alternatively give both 480 health
28 Jul 2015, 22:23 PM

How about we don't change what isn't broken?
28 Jul 2015, 22:25 PM

How about we don't change what isn't broken?

So it isn't broken Flaktraks hit the field exactly the same time as Stuarts and M5RapeMounts do?
28 Jul 2015, 22:29 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jul 2015, 13:57 PMRMMLz
I didn't like it from the beginning. I shreds everyone and everything. Wipes units like crazy and insta-pins. On the other hand, it's window of action is very limited, and should be positioned very well.

I think it should act as a crowd control unit instead of finishing off infantry. IMO its damage needs a huge nerf, but also a price buff so it acts as a more expensive and better armored Kuble for mid/late game blobs.

It basically used to. Then squad-bunching happened and now it's liable to wipe by the second volley.

TL;DR FUCKING INFANTRY BUNCHING again.

I remember being quite shocked to see it pin squads nigh-instantly when that patch happened. It definitely used to just suppress squads that were more spread out.
28 Jul 2015, 22:30 PM

So it isn't broken Flaktraks hit the field exactly the same time as Stuarts and M5RapeMounts do?

What about JPIV hitting field before Sherman? By that logic, JPIV is broken as well.
28 Jul 2015, 22:34 PM

What about JPIV hitting field before Sherman? By that logic, JPIV is broken as well.

JPIV's can't stun Shermans to death. Also yeah it's a lot easier to keep a sherman alive that can shoot and move than a Flaktrack which is forced to set up before it can even shoot back.

Just increasing the health of the Flaktrack would make it more attractive and actually give it a chance to stick around instead of instantly dying the minute a medium hits the field or pathing fucks up and kills you while keeping it from coming to early.

400 or 480 health seems fine.
29 Jul 2015, 05:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jul 2015, 22:29 PMVuther

It basically used to. Then squad-bunching happened and now it's liable to wipe by the second volley.

TL;DR FUCKING INFANTRY BUNCHING again.

I remember being quite shocked to see it pin squads nigh-instantly when that patch happened. It definitely used to just suppress squads that were more spread out.

That's one reason, yes. Although they changes more than that and if you remember, it used to miss and hit the terrain a lot. But at the current state, I think they should reduce the damage at least to half.
29 Jul 2015, 06:13 AM

Nothing needs to change about the flak track, everything was completely fine with it pre patch.

Whats FUBARed everything is the lol mount coming out at sub-7 minutes, which funnily enough counters Flak HTs, 222s, and even damaged pumas.

Its like the launch AA halftrack for USF all over again, but worse since it can reinforce. Just keep an infantry squad behind it while it flanks a pak, decrews it, then goes to rundown an mg42. Two free team weapons, no need to retreat the squad since you reinforce in the field.

IMO, a unit that is AA, Light AT, AI, suppression, mobile reinforcement, comes out at sub 7 minutes, and is cheap as chips to rebuild (excluding munitions) is more broken than the launch TA.
29 Jul 2015, 06:24 AM

Nothing needs to change about the flak track, everything was completely fine with it pre patch.

Whats FUBARed everything is the lol mount coming out at sub-7 minutes, which funnily enough counters Flak HTs, 222s, and even damaged pumas.

Its like the launch AA halftrack for USF all over again, but worse since it can reinforce. Just keep an infantry squad behind it while it flanks a pak, decrews it, then goes to rundown an mg42. Two free team weapons, no need to retreat the squad since you reinforce in the field.

IMO, a unit that is AA, Light AT, AI, suppression, mobile reinforcement, comes out at sub 7 minutes, and is cheap as chips to rebuild (excluding munitions) is more broken than the launch TA.

^^^

Quadmount upgrade moved to T4, since its always useful because of AA, reinforcement capabilities, and its ability to harrass infantry very well. Removing the previous damage and suppression buff wont change much because of the timing change.

But for USF, i dont know. I guess mines/raketen/schrecks will have to do for stuart...
29 Jul 2015, 10:08 AM

How about different response to different battlefield situations? Going flacktruck against Stuart is stupid. It's OK for OKW to not build Flacktruck every game.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 45
Germany 13
Korea, Republic Of 1
Germany 44

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %