Login

russian armor

Take out Tiger Ace... It's a total cop out

28 Aug 2015, 13:55 PM

I had my Ace experience yesterday. I played USF and kept him in his base the entire game, boom here comes the Tiger Ace and im left with 2 Riflemen and an Ambulance after, literally, 30 seconds.

BS.
28 Aug 2015, 16:03 PM

I had my Ace experience yesterday. I played USF and kept him in his base the entire game, boom here comes the Tiger Ace and im left with 2 Riflemen and an Ambulance after, literally, 30 seconds.

BS.

Same here, I kept an Ostheer player at bay on Minsk Pocket, had 3 at guns, one was a stolen pak. Killed his p4 and his ostwind.

Guess what, Tiger ace comes out, and togheter with lmg 42 gren blob, just a move in. Tiger ace one shots my vet 3 mg42, can't stop blob, blob a moves onwards, starts picking of riflemen by focus firing, Tiger ace snipes them on retreat. USF at guns ping of its front without doing damage, not even the SPECIAL rounds do anything. Tiger ace snipes them as well and pak manages to damage it twice before getting rifle naded.

5 minutes later he is standing in my base calling me a noob.

This doctrine, more pure cancer than CAS. It is beyond broken vs USF
31 Aug 2015, 08:03 AM

ATgun can do nothing vs it.

best ways to deal with is:
1- Backtech T1 and build a m20 + mines + your usual AT stuff.
or
2- 2 Jacksons with a lot of micro (3 is better)
or
3- M10 spam.

Or a mix of all of the above.
31 Aug 2015, 09:42 AM
Donator 22

He's is not called Tiger ace for nothing :snfPeter:
31 Aug 2015, 09:59 AM

It's not OP, I just feel like it doesn't belong in the game.
Not only because it's strong (it is killable), it gives the player a huge window to make a comeback in the game.

And just, I hate the way it looks haha :) This gold-ish look between all the grey/dark green looking soldiers and tanks. Nah, I really don't like it.
31 Aug 2015, 11:19 AM

in 1v1 it's a killer, I too have had games where I dominate with < 80 VP's remaining, only to have a tiger ace deflect everything and murder all it sees.

In 2v2 its not that bad, I managed to kill a Tiger ace AND a panther after the ace hit an m20 mine with 3 M10's but had that have not hit a mine or been 1v1 I would have been screwed.

I hate how the best tank in the game costs ONLY MP.. "But you get a limited income when its on the field":

When it hits the field its already late enough for the 'negative' effects to have much of an impact. Who needs another tank when you have an ace? Or, just build the ace AFTER another tank/squads you need before the 'negative' effects take place.

After your initial push, you will have killed 2 (at least squads), vet wiped, 1 shot each. 560mp gone for the enemy (usf) player right there, over HALF of the tigers cost. Wipe 1 more and you have near matched the cost of the Tiger ace.

Near every shot is a guaranteed MP drain on the allies making them suffer the negative effects more than the OST player.

Give it a fuel cost, up the MP cost, reduce MP, Muni, Fuel to next to nothing when its out or as the title says, just get rid of it, nothing worse than winning out of skill and outplaying the enemy, to losing because of a unit that, for lack of a better word, tanks everything.

Follow the Tiger ace with a pak, win.
31 Aug 2015, 11:28 AM

Tigerace, Rifle Company, remove them.
1 Sep 2015, 12:58 PM

I think the TA as a unit and CP cost is fine, but they should just bump it to something like 600/300 fuel or even 250 fuel and keep the limit of 1 per game.
1 Sep 2015, 17:36 PM

I&R Pathfinders + Jacksons fuck up the ace royally. Soviets have obvious counters.
8 Sep 2015, 18:08 PM

They should add fuel but the reality is the ace isn't as great as people think. Try playing sigh it a few times and see if it's instant win. It's not and I haven't kept it in my roster for quite some time. The Ace is slow, it's turret is slow in rotating. It comes super late so using your commander's superior help that came much earlier you should have the advantage in resources, armor and AT. Lay mines down along major paths so when it comes if you aren't in a position to take it down you can make a soft retreat back through mines. If mines don't work, remember the TA is slow so just hold the VP's where he isn't and you have 2 of 3. Finally while TA is out, kill infantry at every opportunity as the MP reinforcement cost with the Ace drain will cripple his supporting troops.
8 Sep 2015, 18:16 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jul 2015, 00:19 AMluvnest
I just think the Tiger Ace doesn't add anything to the game. If I get defeated by a regular tiger that's cool with me, Tiger Ace just feels so cheesy. I wouldn't miss it if it was gone.

In teamgames you can deal with it relatively normal, but in 1v1s I've seen some ridicilous comebacks.
Check out this game casted by Romeo. Pinned to my base I made a massive comeback just with that Tiger ace.

Blasphemy , Kappa
22 Sep 2015, 13:52 PM

PRos of tiger ace: Manpower only don't need fuel to build.
Very solid tank
Cons of tiger ace: You really have to babysit it because you can call ONLY one tiger ace on
a BAttlefield . If it dies ,you can't call another one.
It will drain your resources drastically.
10 Oct 2015, 02:49 AM

I personally hate this game because all they do is nerf Allies and they leave Axis with their fucking terminator infantry and tanks. I wonder how we even won WW2 if all the Germans did was massacre us.
Hat
11 Oct 2015, 08:38 AM

I personally hate this game because all they do is nerf Allies and they leave Axis with their fucking terminator infantry and tanks. I wonder how we even won WW2 if all the Germans did was massacre us.

Just look at the campaign and unit designs. Mobs of untrained slavic monsters against a professional German force

Honestly though, the Tiger Ace is fine, just needs to cost some fuel for it to make sense. In even games with both sides expending their fuel to push forward tanks it just seems ridiculously unfair for the Ost to have a manpower tank thats also the best tank in the game.
11 Oct 2015, 09:02 AM
Senior Caster Badge

The Tiger Ace really needs a fuel cost.
aaa
11 Oct 2015, 09:05 AM

The Tiger Ace really needs a fuel cost.

300+ fuel
11 Oct 2015, 10:04 AM

I don't know, recently allies have been getting a lot of buffs.

Terminator infantry - thats a sign of you getting outplayed :P
11 Oct 2015, 10:17 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2015, 09:05 AMaaa

300+ fuel

Then nobody would take Elite Troops doctrine for the tiger ace, but just for the troop training like I do myself. Vet 3 instant grenadier, mg42, mortar squad is pretty nice haah
aaa
11 Oct 2015, 10:19 AM

Then nobody would take Elite Troops doctrine for the tiger ace, but just for the troop training like I do myself. Vet 3 instant grenadier, mg42, mortar squad is pretty nice haah

its their problem what they take or not take. this units must cost at least 300
11 Oct 2015, 10:30 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post11 Oct 2015, 10:19 AMaaa

its their problem what they take or not take. this units must cost at least 300

800 mp, 300 fuel and a totally crashed economy, you might as well delete the tiger ace from the doctrine all together then, which I would prefer if I am totally honest.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★