Login

russian armor

Take out Tiger Ace... It's a total cop out

27 Jul 2015, 23:07 PM

I write this as both an Axis player and an Allied player.
The Tiger Ace is literally the most unfair call-in in the entire game! Who makes a tank cost no fuel, let alone one of the best tanks in the game with full experience? You can make as many tanks as you want and not have to worry about end game strategy because you have a Tiger Ace. There is so much wrong with the call-in, I can't even fathom what Relic was thinking when making it. Yeah, it is a very late game call-in, but most Axis players bunker down until they can get the Tiger Ace. When I played as Axis, I was doing awful (mainly because I'm not that good at Osteer), but it didn't matter once I got to CP 18 because I rolled out a tiger ace with a brumbar, and all the work that my opponent worked so hard for went right down the drain. I think the Ace should either be taken out completely or at least cost as much fuel as a regular tiger. The call-in is simply not fair! Flat out!
27 Jul 2015, 23:12 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

Well considering that it basically drains you almost all your income in ressources I am okay with it costing no fuel. It should cost more Manpower though
27 Jul 2015, 23:26 PM

People have been saying the Tiger Ace is nonsense since forever. Most players will agree it is silly. However, Relic is all about the Tiger Ace for some reason.
27 Jul 2015, 23:27 PM

You don't think it should cost fuel? That gives them the ability to make panthers, p4's, etc. with the Tiger Ace. It really doesn't matter if it drains them manpower if they already have tanks and a couple of squads of infantry out with it.
27 Jul 2015, 23:37 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jul 2015, 23:07 PMDALT11
I write this as both an Axis player and an Allied player.
The Tiger Ace is literally the most unfair call-in in the entire game! Who makes a tank cost no fuel, let alone one of the best tanks in the game with full experience? You can make as many tanks as you want and not have to worry about end game strategy because you have a Tiger Ace. There is so much wrong with the call-in, I can't even fathom what Relic was thinking when making it. Yeah, it is a very late game call-in, but most Axis players bunker down until they can get the Tiger Ace. When I played as Axis, I was doing awful (mainly because I'm not that good at Osteer), but it didn't matter once I got to CP 18 because I rolled out a tiger ace with a brumbar, and all the work that my opponent worked so hard for went right down the drain. I think the Ace should either be taken out completely or at least cost as much fuel as a regular tiger. The call-in is simply not fair! Flat out!

Well theres nothing we can do about it,this isnt the forum for complaining about balance,unless you want to know how to counter it,which you definitely can.
28 Jul 2015, 00:19 AM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

I just think the Tiger Ace doesn't add anything to the game. If I get defeated by a regular tiger that's cool with me, Tiger Ace just feels so cheesy. I wouldn't miss it if it was gone.

In teamgames you can deal with it relatively normal, but in 1v1s I've seen some ridicilous comebacks.
Check out this game casted by Romeo. Pinned to my base I made a massive comeback just with that Tiger ace.
28 Jul 2015, 01:08 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jul 2015, 00:19 AMluvnest
I just think the Tiger Ace doesn't add anything to the game. If I get defeated by a regular tiger that's cool with me, Tiger Ace just feels so cheesy. I wouldn't miss it if it was gone.

In teamgames you can deal with it relatively normal, but in 1v1s I've seen some ridicilous comebacks.
Check out this game casted by Romeo. Pinned to my base I made a massive comeback just with that Tiger ace.

Thanks for the example, Luvnest. It's just hard to counter even if the fight has been going evenly or slightly better for Allies.
28 Jul 2015, 01:12 AM

It also takes the strategy out of the whole game, because cut offs and resource denial means absolutely nothing. And correct me if I'm wrong, that's one of the biggest parts of the game.
28 Jul 2015, 08:00 AM
Senior Caster Badge
Patrion 39

Maybe they should remove target weak point from it?
28 Jul 2015, 10:41 AM
Donator 11

They should add fuel costs instead of this ressource penalty.
Also the target weak point ability is a little bit op against allied Tank Destroyers...

e.g. 800MP 280-300Fuel ?
28 Jul 2015, 14:39 PM

Then normal tiger was never seen again.
29 Jul 2015, 11:20 AM
Donator 11

Tiger Ace is ok for me, if it would cost some fuel (at least as the same as Pz. 4). Now when I try to hinder the Ostheer get the fuel for their tanks (Pz. 4-6) and sometimes succeeds with that, then the other player can call in and use the Tiger Ace against me for only the manpower cost, even if they can't afford a single medium tank. For example, I saw in the replay when I played with USF against Ostheer, that the other player did not even have fuel for a single Pz. 4 (that game lasted 36 minutes and he had only 128 fuel in the end of the game), but he could get a Tiger Ace and almost destroyed my forces with it. He would have destroyed me if he had got first a Pz .4 and then the Tiger Ace.
29 Jul 2015, 11:29 AM
Donator 33

I think it should be a vet 0 Tiger with more HP and sight range when you call it in.

You unlock all its abilities by vetting up:

Vet 1: Blitzkrieg
Vet 2: standard bonuses
Vet 3: standard bonuses + TWP
13 Aug 2015, 05:41 AM

If that tank is on the field, you absolutely have to kill it right away or you're going to have a problem. Aside from the squad wiping mayhem it causes, the Veterancy on it right off the bat is ridiculous.
22 Aug 2015, 11:04 AM
Benefactor 340

If that tank is on the field, you absolutely have to kill it right away or you're going to have a problem. Aside from the squad wiping mayhem it causes, the Veterancy on it right off the bat is ridiculous.

yeah seeing the allies scramble to kill it is quite comical to watch as a spectator but quite tense as a player on either side the allies are trying to kill it and the axis are trying to keep it alive and although it is a huge advantage that can turn the game in favour of axis if it dies the axis player is in big trouble so its a kind of all in on both sides
22 Aug 2015, 11:34 AM

i wish so much this guy had experienced the 2014 tiger ace
23 Aug 2015, 07:09 AM

I just uploaded a replay of 2 Tiger aces being called in with a King Tiger and we couldn't do shit to it despite having millions of AT weapons and tanks.
27 Aug 2015, 16:13 PM

Tiger Ace is not that OP. You just don't know how to deal with it.

Soviet Tank Destroyer's + ZiS AT can kill it right away. Or try KV-2 (Sov. Industry)

Oh.. forgot to mention, Mines! Use mines!
28 Aug 2015, 11:18 AM

Tiger Ace is not that OP. You just don't know how to deal with it.

Soviet Tank Destroyer's + ZiS AT can kill it right away. Or try KV-2 (Sov. Industry)

Oh.. forgot to mention, Mines! Use mines!

kv2 lol . worst tank in worst doctrine.

Biggest counter to tiger ace is itself. Your need to keep it alive but without harming you , best way is to imobilise it somewhere and dont allow pios to come. Then its gg because he is cripling his resources without effect.

Try to not destroy him but damage him hard so emeny will have to repair him so he loose 2 mins of fuel income without any bonus from ta
28 Aug 2015, 12:28 PM

Remember when the Tiger Ace was a true gamble? If you picked it, you would never get any resources ever again.

Now, just a joke
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS