Login

russian armor

Remove/change vehicle smoke

28 Jul 2015, 12:14 PM

Sherman smoke requires more micro, then OST.

Using shift click is very micro intensive yes.
28 Jul 2015, 13:29 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jul 2015, 11:57 AMaaa

If not for the smoke abuse i would have +15 streak now.

:rofl:

Hey, Lelic! Give the man his streak right

28 Jul 2015, 13:57 PM
Patrion 14

Using shift click is very micro intensive yes.

Shift + ability + target still more micro than "hotkey" -> living tank. Especially since the USF ability takes time to pop and thus needs to be thought of ahead of time.
28 Jul 2015, 16:29 PM
Donator 11

All vehicle smoke should be of USF type like shermans. You hit the key and selecta area/direction in which smoke goes and there has to be a delay as well.
28 Jul 2015, 17:11 PM

Shift + ability + target still more micro than "hotkey" -> living tank. Especially since the USF ability takes time to pop and thus needs to be thought of ahead of time.

Except the USF smoke can be used more offensively by the nature of it being fired at something instead of just popping around the tank. If Axis smoke launchers worked the same was even with the "micro tax" it would be retardly OP as the battlefield would drown in smoke being launched from literally every Ostheer vehicle.

Would much rather just remove blitzkrieg and replace it with something more useful/creative instead of "gotta go fast" and keep smoke just the way it is.
28 Jul 2015, 17:16 PM
Patrion 14

Except the USF smoke can be used more offensively by the nature of it being fired at something instead of just popping around the tank. If Axis smoke launchers worked the same was even with the "micro tax" it would be retardly OP as the battlefield would drown in smoke being launched from literally every Ostheer vehicle.

Would much rather just remove blitzkrieg and replace it with something more useful/creative instead of "gotta go fast" and keep smoke just the way it is.

I was responding to the fact that you said that USF smoke doesn't require much more micro.

And Ostheer smoke doesn't have to be mirrored to Sherman smoke. You could make it like this:

Target position in area 10-20 around tank, smoke canister(s) fired at that position, in a direct, faster arc than the USF smoke, making it still a defensive tool, but one that requires more micro.

Or you could give it a slight delay (3-4 seconds)

Anything to make it require more brainpower than "insta-smoke"
28 Jul 2015, 17:16 PM
Patrion 14

could use a 2 second delay
28 Jul 2015, 17:25 PM

I think after the blitzkrieg nerf and the fact AT is extremely plentiful now we don't really need to kneecap the survivability of Ostheer tanks further.
28 Jul 2015, 17:43 PM
Donator 11

All vehicle smoke should be of USF type like shermans. You hit the key and selecta area/direction in which smoke goes and there has to be a delay as well.

No. I can already here the next wave of complaints of how this would make Axis even more OP (for the record I don't think Axis is OP, USF is just poop).

Instead just fix blitzing in reverse. :snfPeter:
29 Jul 2015, 07:32 AM
Donator 22

Attack ground is not enough to counter tank smoke. It can miss, tank could change position, out of range etc. Axis player just push button and rolling out of combat, saving his unit. This smoke must be reworked, it must required more micro, then just pressing one button and getting out of combat. It just a "out of jail card".

watch some streams on twich of good players. You will see in 90% of the case, that the vehicle is still dying.
Same for the sherman smoke ability. If they smoke your pak before rushing into you, use attack ground. ;)
29 Jul 2015, 09:17 AM
Donator 11

No. I can already here the next wave of complaints of how this would make Axis even more OP (for the record I don't think Axis is OP, USF is just poop).

Instead just fix blitzing in reverse. :snfPeter:

Good point. Delay the axis smoke then. One or two seconds delay could work.
29 Jul 2015, 09:26 AM

Good point. Delay the axis smoke then. One or two seconds delay could work.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★