Login

russian armor

Captain can "Supervise" Major tech?

27 Jul 2015, 17:11 PM

I apologize in advance if I'm making a fool of myself stating something that's been known, something that's totally common knowledge, but... did everyone know you can use the Captain to "Supervise" and speed up the Major teching phase? I knew naturally it could be used to speed up construction of units, and it works beautifully when you're trying to get the Stuart out as fast as possible, or get 2 57mm AT Guns back to back.

But yeah, if you click on Major and supervise the structure, you Major hits the field in less than 10 seconds. I don't know much tactical flexibility this lends anyone, since you typically are clicking on "Major" when you have exactly 120 fuel, and you're then left waiting until you have enough fuel to roll out a Sherman or Jackson, but I suppose if someone is late teching, needs a Sherman or Scott or Jackson NOW and has excess fuel, you can Supervise the Major, get T4 in a matter of seconds, and get your unit out almost immediately.

I searched here and elsewhere for any discussion of this and came up short, which either means it's not known or everyone knows about it already and it's not a big deal.

27 Jul 2015, 17:17 PM
Patrion 28

I always knew about supervise, but never used it. Lately I have been trying to use it to speed up units, mostly just pak howitzer and stuart but when I need something else the captain is usually outside fighting something.
27 Jul 2015, 17:31 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I wrote about this in nfantry company guide,to offset the slower major when you go captain you use supervise to get him and get the sherman out quicker

Even though thats not nearly as crucial since captain price was lowered.
28 Jul 2015, 01:50 AM
Patrion 28

i find the captain fairly important for t3 tanks as USF has the slowest building med tanks in the game.
28 Jul 2015, 02:16 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Yep, the Captain can Supervise the Major.

It works because the Major knows he's really gunning for promotion and doesn't want that upstart to show him up.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 22
Germany 0
Germany 619

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak