Login

russian armor

Fallout 4

PAGES (7)down
23 Nov 2015, 02:31 AM
Patrion 14

weird. skyrim was multiscreen capable with nividia surround but not with fo4.

2 Mar 2016, 21:05 PM
Patrion 14

NECRO! to give my view after 96 hrs of playing and a few months of respite from the game.

As some of you might know, I was an avid fanboy until the game came out and very soon after. when my coh2 buddy said "nice fallout 3.5" to a fallout4 screenshot, i cursed him and vowed to take revenge.

however, i recently came across an article in PCGamer r Polygon with news about fo4 and it had a fo4 highlight banner. For a moment, i thought it was a screenshot of fo3.

that is how i feel and have been feeling since 2 months ago after i beat the game. For the record, I played fo3 story four times consecutively and clocked 250 hours before I stopped playing regularly.

I knew that it could never be as great as how fo3 was to me because the shear WOW value of post apocalyptic worlds have been done so many times in the games and movies since.

But I hoped that improved gunplay, crafting, settlement, graphic, etc etc would be enough to hook me into fo4 as much as fo3's world did to me.

But it was not enough. Not only that was not enough, NOT IMPROVED perk/level system, engine, AI, character dialogue, mission structures, storyline did not help. for example, in this supposed to be an end game battle, only a handful of allies fight a handful of enemies at a time... for real? another thing that bothered me from fo3 was how all flying beings had invisible legs. to get to top of the stairs, they had to climb the stairs like humans. and guess what, that is still the case.

overall, still worth the full retail price and skipping class to play 12 hr marathon on day 1 was worth it. but its just not good enough.

8/10.
2 Mar 2016, 21:21 PM

NECRO! to give my view after 96 hrs of playing and a few months of respite from the game.

As some of you might know, I was an avid fanboy until the game came out and very soon after. when my coh2 buddy said "nice fallout 3.5" to a fallout4 screenshot, i cursed him and vowed to take revenge.

however, i recently came across an article in PCGamer r Polygon with news about fo4 and it had a fo4 highlight banner. For a moment, i thought it was a screenshot of fo3.

that is how i feel and have been feeling since 2 months ago after i beat the game. For the record, I played fo3 story four times consecutively and clocked 250 hours before I stopped playing regularly.

I knew that it could never be as great as how fo3 was to me because the shear WOW value of post apocalyptic worlds have been done so many times in the games and movies since.

But I hoped that improved gunplay, crafting, settlement, graphic, etc etc would be enough to hook me into fo4 as much as fo3's world did to me.

But it was not enough. Not only that was not enough, NOT IMPROVED perk/level system, engine, AI, character dialogue, mission structures, storyline did not help. for example, in this supposed to be an end game battle, only a handful of allies fight a handful of enemies at a time... for real? another thing that bothered me from fo3 was how all flying beings had invisible legs. to get to top of the stairs, they had to climb the stairs like humans. and guess what, that is still the case.

overall, still worth the full retail price and skipping class to play 12 hr marathon on day 1 was worth it. but its just not good enough.

8/10.

Play it with mods, you'll get a better overall experience from the game. Cheers!
2 Mar 2016, 21:57 PM
Patrion 14

I love how the world feels in Fo4, exploring has been a great experience.
But i feel like a lot of story content and Fallout uniqueness was not as present as it was in Fo3 and New Vegas. Fallout 3 and NV always had that comical but loveable touch to it, which i am missing in Fo4. Its a great game, but it feels too casual, made for a broad circle of customers.
3 Mar 2016, 00:30 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Mar 2016, 21:21 PMRamps

Play it with mods, you'll get a better overall experience from the game. Cheers!

fo sho.

and with new survival mode, ill def play again.

...it feels too casual, made for a broad circle of customers.

well said
11 Oct 2016, 15:56 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Picked some screenshots to u/l (I have zillions). Tried to make my character look like me :P

11 Oct 2016, 18:01 PM
Patrion 14

Sweet billboard Ami. Nice work :D
11 Oct 2016, 21:26 PM

8/10.

He is right though.
I dont know what I was expecting, but this game was ""meh"" for me, even with the 190 hours in.
The settlements were just bullshit repetitive, and power armor in act 0 scene 2... srsly??

Crafting and gameplay was OK (especially hardcore; it needed anti depressants tho for that PTSD, LOL), story could have been done better as well as faction choices/responces.

Also, never have I played a fallout where the number 1 item in my inventory was a fkn desk fan.

Anyway, 6.5/10 for me.
15 Oct 2016, 02:24 AM
Patrion 14

My nuka world character.

Brooklyn the Strong Chin.

15 Oct 2016, 08:22 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Heh cool. I haven't gotten any of the expansion stuff yet. I want "Far Island" (not too interested in the rest of the stuff) but I'm waiting for a Steam sale.
17 Oct 2016, 03:15 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

The second picture of pigsoup's guy looks like some sort of silly meme thing waiting to happen. Something about the mouth seems funny.
17 Oct 2016, 23:06 PM

Heh cool. I haven't gotten any of the expansion stuff yet. I want "Far Island" (not too interested in the rest of the stuff) but I'm waiting for a Steam sale.

Well December is around the corner :)

jump backJump back to quoted post17 Oct 2016, 03:15 AMVuther
The second picture of pigsoup's guy looks like some sort of silly meme thing waiting to happen. Something about the mouth seems funny.

Kinda like the YES YES TF2 heavy
20 Oct 2016, 09:02 AM
Patrion 14

you mean Far Harbor :). It is by far my favourite DLC of all bethesda games I played (since oblivion). Not sure if you have been avoiding spoilers but if someone told me I only had 50hrs of FO4 I can play, I would choose Far Harbour over main any day.
20 Oct 2016, 16:40 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

That's great to hear. Now I'm looking forward to it even more. I'll definitely be getting it eventually.
29 Oct 2016, 20:50 PM
Patrion 14

some screens from far harbor.

Mr. Teddy could not handle it.

Crippled his legs and now he's my pet

30 Oct 2016, 07:22 AM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

Haha I'm not gonna open the spoiler.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10