Login

russian armor

Fallout 4

PAGES (7)down
1 Aug 2015, 05:51 AM

I liked the story/atmosphere and design of FO3 over NV. Story/conceptwise, NV wasn't my thing. It wasn't post-nuclear enough for me. The Pitt DLC and the Point Lookout DLC were excellent.

The best designed part of NV to me was the beginning- wild west. The rest just felted big but kind of thin. I didn't like the Caeser's legion or the story for the DLCs. (My comments have nothing to do with gameplay, just story)
1 Aug 2015, 22:09 PM

love those days when you are just walking by the capital wasteland and hearing the radio lols
2 Aug 2015, 14:32 PM

I really liked the Caesar's Legion thing. It's an element of post-apocalyptic fiction that is often overlooked, the fact that society rebuilds, that the slate has been wiped clean, but that new creations may mirror the past.

It's somewhat ironic that most of this is ignored in modern takes on the genre, because the book that arguably kicked it all off, 'A Canticle For Liebowitz', was heavily driven by the idea of cyclical history. So for me, the presence of Caesar's Legion definitely added to the credibility of the setting (while the Strip detracted from it, so swings and roundabouts).
2 Aug 2015, 14:59 PM

I really liked the Caesar's Legion thing. It's an element of post-apocalyptic fiction that is often overlooked, the fact that society rebuilds, that the slate has been wiped clean, but that new creations may mirror the past.

It's somewhat ironic that most of this is ignored in modern takes on the genre, because the book that arguably kicked it all off, 'A Canticle For Liebowitz', was heavily driven by the idea of cyclical history. So for me, the presence of Caesar's Legion definitely added to the credibility of the setting (while the Strip detracted from it, so swings and roundabouts).

+1
I also enjoyed ceasar's Legion, kinda like this reestablished roman discipline. Especially loved this remarkable song at the main camp :wub:

As for Fallout 4:
I was hyped but kinda got spoiled with The Witcher 3:
After playing it , i started a new Skyrim game realizing, how every Obsidian game is kinda the same.
I mean, all those games are pretty much the same, storytelling and gameplay wise.
I'm buying Fallout 4 probably, but i am kinda fed up with the storytelling approach. I hope they change something. In every game you are the "choosen one". In. every. gardening. discipline. (Thief guild, dark brotherhood, etc.) <444>_<444>

Also difficulty wise, it's not really good. Opponents become more tanky with higher difficulty and you more vulnerable. There is no real "skill factor", if you know what i mean.
2 Aug 2015, 20:19 PM
Patrion 14

+1
I also enjoyed ceasar's Legion, kinda like this reestablished roman discipline. Especially loved this remarkable song at the main camp :wub:

As for Fallout 4:
I was hyped but kinda got spoiled with The Witcher 3:
After playing it , i started a new Skyrim game realizing, how every Obsidian/Bethesda game is kinda the same.
I mean, all those games are pretty much the same, storytelling and gameplay wise.
I'm buying Fallout 4 probably, but i am kinda fed up with the storytelling approach. I hope they change something. In every game you are the "choosen one". In. every. gardening. discipline. (Thief guild, dark brotherhood, etc.) <444>_<444>

Also difficulty wise, it's not really good. Opponents become more tanky with higher difficulty and you more vulnerable. There is no real "skill factor", if you know what i mean.

well in their defense, in bethesda games, you can be anything you want. i.e. in skyrim, you can focus on (being very broad) magic, melee, alchemy/crafting or any mix of any of them. you choose who you wish to be.

in withcer 3, tech tree doesnt really matter in this regard. you'll always be a witcher, you'll always have two swords no shield. you'll always be a money driven monster hunter. im sure that makes it easier for developer to make more handcrafted, deeper experience.

in witcher 3, you are just a guy trying to stay afloat in a moving world. in oblivion, skyrim and fallout 3, it is only true in regard to the main quest. would it be more fun if you aren't the one rising through thieves guild, werewolf(?) guild, mages guild, dark brotherhood and you are just observing other NPCs do it and you are just reacting to the NPCs? you kinda have to be the 'chosen one' in the games bethesda makes. in regard to fallout4, would it make sense for you to make settlements if you aren't the special one? in bethesda games, your freedom i.e. your freedom to blow up megaton or not, stems directly from the fact that you are the special one.

i think bethesda is doing better job at scaling enemies. i mean, oblivion NPC scaling was off the hook if you didn't level up right all the time.

anyway, also hyped for witcher 3 paid DLCs.
2 Aug 2015, 23:43 PM

I like the Caeser's legion guy that you meet in the beginning (pillaging the village) and the one at the end (Legatus).
5 Oct 2015, 07:39 AM
Patrion 14

36 days to go :thumbsup: Cant wait. Will definitely stream the game including a PipBoy cam :D
Havent been this hyped ever Kreygasm
5 Oct 2015, 11:21 AM

In defense of NV, people complain about the lack of apocalypse feeling, the game is a direct continuation of FO2 and in that game society had pretty much stabilized, people can enjoy their lives instead of just surviving (New Reno, Highwayman), government exist (NCR) so yeah for newcomers NV can be a bit lackluster.
As somebody said: FO3 is a post-apocalyptic game while NV is a post post-apocalyptic game.
5 Oct 2015, 11:40 AM
Senior Caster Badge

So much hype for this game. I'm usually a stickler for graphics but the fallout world and unique player stories mean i'll play it regardless.

I rate fallout series as one of my all time favourites :D
5 Oct 2015, 13:05 PM

So much hype for this game. I'm usually a stickler for graphics but the fallout world and unique player stories mean i'll play it regardless.

I rate fallout series as one of my all time favourites :D

I agree 100% but I find Fallout 4's graphics beautiful when you consider the semi cartoony artstyle the game has. My 2 cents.
5 Oct 2015, 13:47 PM

Permanently Banned
So many people going to be disappointed with their pre-orders. On pc, you better wait a few months before any game is actually playable. We all know they are console ports after all.
5 Oct 2015, 16:54 PM
Senior Caster Badge

So many people going to be disappointed with their pre-orders. On pc, you better wait a few months before any game is actually playable. We all know they are console ports after all.

I couldn't even imagine playing fallout with a controller... The whole enjoyment came from mouse and keyboard :D
6 Oct 2015, 19:41 PM

I opened boxes in CSGO, got a knife and sold it to buy Fallout 4 :guyokay:
6 Oct 2015, 19:43 PM
Patrion 14

He whomever gifts me fall out 4 will get one Kloog as faithful and trusty waifu. I will do everything (oh yes) for said person.
6 Oct 2015, 20:00 PM
Editor in Chief Badge
Patrion 310

He whomever gifts me fall out 4 will get one Kloog as faithful and trusty waifu. I will do everything (oh yes) for said person.

Donate 2 and get a Fichten on top
6 Oct 2015, 20:01 PM

i'm not hyped for fallout 4 but i pre-ordered since day 1 .
On november 10 i'll quit my job, drop out of college, uninstall coh2, deactivate my coh2.org account and hope i'll never have to activate it again :p
I really hope this game would suck cuz i'm kinda enjoying my life atm , i don't wanna lose it all .
BTW BETHESDA CONFIRMED TES6 WILL ALSO BE LAUNCHED : IT'S SET IN SKYRIM AS WELL .
6 Oct 2015, 20:03 PM

HelpingHans will do a giveaway of the game on his stream , u might get lucky , who knows.
8 Oct 2015, 12:48 PM
Patrion 14

All aboard the hype train! (from reddit)

8 Oct 2015, 13:15 PM

I know I asked this before, but does anyone have an updated system requirements for it? I loved Fallout 3 and New Vegas, I want to play this game too, I just hope it won't require a NASA computer to play it.
8 Oct 2015, 15:50 PM
Admin Black Badge
Patrion 15

I'm excited for Fallout4... but will it be a port from console? Or will it be designed for PC? You guys have me concerned. Weren't the previous Fallout's designed for PC?
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS