Login

russian armor

Fallout 4

PAGES (7)down
27 Jul 2015, 05:01 AM
Patrion 14

Anyone else hyped for Fallout 4?

Bought the Fallout 4 PipBoy edition and Fallout 3 Collectors edition from ebay (I just wanted the bobblehead, but you pretty much dont get in anywhere in Germany except for the collectors edition.).
I spent way too much time on F3 and New Vegas and im seriously considering a 4th run on F3 :foreveralone:
27 Jul 2015, 05:28 AM

I'm pumped as hell.

I didn't get the Fallout 3 Collector's edition but I do have this exact package:

It's pretty sweet.

But yes I do like Fallout 3 and New Vegas. Have quite a few hours in steam in both games.
27 Jul 2015, 05:30 AM

4th would be more like f3 and less like NY, meaning generic rail storyline with distinguishable bad guys vs good guys, 4 dialog answer options and other stuff which is huge heresy in regard of classic games.

Graphic also look worrying to say at least.

My only hope is mods.
27 Jul 2015, 05:42 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jul 2015, 05:30 AMJadame!
4th would be more like f3 and less like NY, meaning generic rail storyline with distinguishable bad guys vs good guys, 4 dialog answer options and other stuff which is huge heresy in regard of classic games.

Graphic also look worrying to say at least.

My only hope is mods.

I actually liked the storytelling in F3 and NV. NV was just too linear IMO.
I am still pretty worried about the graphics, too. Not because they are bad, its just the colors, man.
F3 and NV had that typical post apocalyptic Fallout look. F4 kinda looks like Skyrim judging by the range of colors :(
27 Jul 2015, 05:51 AM

Next to Half-Life series, Fallout is one of the best sci-fi games EVER. The feeling while playing it is incredible. I cannot tell how eager I am to get my hands on it.
27 Jul 2015, 05:52 AM
Donator 11

Fallout 3 was fantastic, didn't really enjoy New Vegas' story as much. Super hyped for Fallout 4, actually getting a new GPU to ensure I can run it maxed with 60+ fps.
27 Jul 2015, 05:53 AM

Fallout 3 was fantastic, didn't really enjoy New Vegas' story as much. Super hyped for Fallout 4, actually getting a new GPU to ensure I can run it maxed with 60+ fps.

Do you know what are the "recommended" system requirements?
27 Jul 2015, 06:00 AM
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jul 2015, 05:53 AMJohnnyB

Do you know what are the "recommended" system requirements?

Not sure but the game is only using an updated version of the other Fallout engines I believe, so I doubt it'll need a super GPU.
27 Jul 2015, 06:11 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jul 2015, 05:42 AMLümmel
NV was just too linear IMO.

You what? There is like 4 factions you can finish NV for: NCR, Legion, House, Yourself. In fo3 you have no choice whatsoever. You can be with brotherhood or with brotherhood.

I am hardcore fallout fan, played fallout games back in the days of their glory, and consider fo3 is more of a oblivion with guns than a true fallout game. There is so much wasted and lost, not to mention ridiculously stupid DLC with aliens, at that point fallout tactics more of a fallout that fo3. On the other hand NV is more or a less of true successor.

27 Jul 2015, 06:24 AM

fo3 with all dlcs one of the best games ive ever played
27 Jul 2015, 06:25 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jul 2015, 06:11 AMJadame!

You what? There is like 4 factions you can finish NV for: NCR, Legion, House, Yourself. In fo3 you have no choice whatsoever. You can be with brotherhood or with brotherhood.

I am hardcore fallout fan, played fallout games back in the days of their glory, and consider fo3 is more of a oblivion with guns than a true fallout game. There is so much wasted and lost, not to mention ridiculously stupid DLC with aliens and stuff, that fallout tactics more of a fallout that fo3. On the other hand NV is more or a less of true successor.

You're right then i guess, it just felt to me that way, because you were led to all big places by the story and i just felt like the isnt much more to explore. To be honest, i didnt play F1 and F2, was too young back then. :)
27 Jul 2015, 06:26 AM

You should definitely play f2, it is so freaking good.
27 Jul 2015, 06:33 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jul 2015, 06:26 AMJadame!
You should definitely play f2, it is so freaking good.

+1.

With few mods you get the resolution for modern monitors, also add the Restoration Package and you will be on a really great ride. Guaranteed.

It must feel a bit funny to play game from '98 (if I remember the year correctly) but it's really fun and great. It's also appealing to eye as well with the small details and gore (it's awesome :D ).

-Few small edits-
30 Jul 2015, 18:44 PM
Admin Red  Badge

I bought Fallout 1 and 2 some time ago before Fallout 4 was announced but haven't really played them. Now that Fallout 4 is announced I am more motivated to play them. :D

I have also played Fallout 3 and Fallout: New Vegas, both with every DLC, and must agree with Jadame on the point that FNV doesn't feel linear as F3. The Enclave is not as evil as they portrait them there and I would rather join them than the lame Brotherhood. :sibHyena:
30 Jul 2015, 19:52 PM

Fallout 3 was a lot of fun. It had a great goofy-post apocalyptic atmosphere.

Fallout NV was arguably my favorite RPG of all time (with the right aesthetic mods). I loved all the game-mechanics: craft your own bullets/weapons/food etc. Really truly an awesome gaming experience.

Fallout NV had so much content/story. I really liked all the DLC (fallout 3 had a couple good DLC the rest were total crap).

I am interested how Fallout 4 will turn out. Hope they make VATS less of cheating, and I hope the difficulty system gets reworked. The difficulty increases were really bland - just shoot more bullets and do more stims. Not really any harder IMO, just more "micro tax" so to speak.

31 Jul 2015, 00:54 AM

already pre-ordered it im excited as hell to play it
31 Jul 2015, 05:22 AM
Patrion 14

hyped as hell. played fo3 four times in a row and the fifth time, i got bored of the starting missions.

never played fo1 or fo2.

to me, NV was a disappointment. yes, you affecting the main questline was interesting and how dlcs tied into the whole universe was awesome.

but NV's rushed-ness and a quick money grab production value is laughable. look at the map, half of it cannot be traversed. from the beginning, it is so obvious that it is strongly designed for you to go to goodspring, primm, the buring ruined village, novac, then to the vegas etc etc. more locations, yes, but they serve no purpose, there is no small backstory or lore behind them... in fo3, i loved seeing the real places that i've been to. in NV, sand sand and not much weight behind places.

new faction specific relation system, very raw. graphics, same. so called "improved FPS handling" - bullshit. ironsight - so awful on many weapons,. so many bugs. and so much more.

also, much varied ending, very nice. but not being able to play after beating still persist? WTF? that was like #1 complaint of fo3. also, the little slideshow ending, not good enough. if i sided with legion, i want to see the strip occupied and the mob bosses' heads on spikes.

and the strip. what a joke it was.

i'm sorry obsidian, you may have made the original, but you are now officially on bethesda's coat tale.

also the list on the image is a bit biased. how come bounty hunters, talon company, rivet city, slavers, freed slaves don't count as factions?

and hardcore mode was kind of a joke. too easy even with them. thank god for mods.

anyway, i still wish obsidian will still make a quick rehashed, reskinned fo4 in 2 years just because i just cant get enough of modern fo.
31 Jul 2015, 06:22 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2015, 05:22 AMpigsoup

but NV's rushed-ness and a quick money grab production value is laughable. look at the map, half of it cannot be traversed. from the beginning, it is so obvious that it is strongly designed for you to go to goodspring, primm, the buring ruined village, novac, then to the vegas etc etc. more locations, yes, but they serve no purpose, there is no small backstory or lore behind them... in fo3, i loved seeing the real places that i've been to. in NV, sand sand and not much weight behind places.

Thats what i meant by linear. You basically went to all important places in a "U" shape, if i remember correctly. But this is just my personal opinion. I felt more entertained by Fo3 than NV.

Another thing: Bethesdas marketing tho :D They claimed the PipBoy Edition was only available in small numbers. Sold out in 10 mins. Then another wave of Pipboy editions. Again they say "theres a small contingent only, grab now!" After the 3rd or 4th time they did this everyone who wanted one got one and people were like "This is not a limited edition" :D
Thats how you marketing...
Now they say they cant produce any more PipBoy editions, because the factorys are "out of ressources".
Is plastic a scarce ressource nowadays or what, lol.
31 Jul 2015, 07:23 AM

Never enjoyed fallout 3, I found it very buggy and extremely ugly.

Big hopes that fallout 4 will win me over.
31 Jul 2015, 17:23 PM

They have recently said that they are increasing the combat difficulty, and also making the FPS element more prominent and more satisfying. Visually, it seems there will be more colour and variety than there was in F3. The blue-green wash over everything in 3 was a strongly thematic decision, but it really started to grind on me after a while.
PAGES (7)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

unknown 26
South Africa 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak