Login

russian armor

'Tracking' Panzerschreks

25 Jul 2015, 14:26 PM

Anyone else experienced the advances in warfare the germans seem to have in this game?

A T70 sitting out of range of Shrek to the point it isn't firing, the Shrek team fires at the infantry squad sitting on the victory point, I retreat said infantry squad just as it fires and the missle decides it want to home in on the T70 that is already nearly dead and cause the troops to abandon it.

Now not only did it cause me to lose the early game because I had the advantage of my T70, it cost me the game due to him taking aforementioned T70, repairing it and owning me with it.

Seems the germans have got heat-seeking missiles in CoH2?
25 Jul 2015, 14:28 PM
Donator 33

25 Jul 2015, 17:50 PM

if i m not mistaken panzershreks have a 50% chance of hitting any light vehicles like T70 at max range (35)

so do expect panzershreks to be reliable counter vs vehicles due to how the game calculation works.
25 Jul 2015, 18:08 PM

You must be forgetting that relic supports all these features as "fun".
25 Jul 2015, 18:35 PM
Donator 11

LOL I just played you dude, you lost the t70 cause you rushed the middle where I had a pak and stug waiting and set up
25 Jul 2015, 18:42 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post25 Jul 2015, 18:08 PMJ1N6666
You must be forgetting that relic supports all these features as "fun".

:bananadance::bananadance::bananadance:
30 Jul 2015, 08:20 AM

Fuzz, you are missing the point I didn't lose the T70 to your Stug or your Pak I lost it to a 'homing' Shrek. Hence a post in the bug forum, its not a whine about losing a game :)

Jog on :)
30 Jul 2015, 08:35 AM
Honorary Member Badge
Donator 11

All AT rockets, AT guns, and tank shells, have the potential to overshoot their intended target and hit another target purely by accident.
30 Jul 2015, 09:27 AM

Anyone else experienced the advances in warfare the germans seem to have in this game?

A T70 sitting out of range of Shrek to the point it isn't firing, the Shrek team fires at the infantry squad sitting on the victory point, I retreat said infantry squad just as it fires and the missle decides it want to home in on the T70 that is already nearly dead and cause the troops to abandon it.

Now not only did it cause me to lose the early game because I had the advantage of my T70, it cost me the game due to him taking aforementioned T70, repairing it and owning me with it.

RNG.

Furthermore, shrecks' far accuracy was nerfed not so long ago, more nerfs will make them next to useless. So you lost a game. Get over it.
30 Jul 2015, 09:29 AM

Fuzz, you are missing the point I didn't lose the T70 to your Stug or your Pak I lost it to a 'homing' Shrek. Hence a post in the bug forum, its not a whine about losing a game :)

Stray projectiles cannot be homing. Homing happens if Weapon is aimed at Vehicle. Weapon fires and the game calculates this shot will be a hit, but Vehicle has started moving, so Weapon's projectile will curve to hit it as was determined when the shot was fired. Therefore, Weapon needs to be targeting Vehicle for homing to happen. If Weapon is not targeting Vehicle when it fires, the projectile will move in a straight line.
30 Jul 2015, 15:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2015, 09:27 AMJohnnyB

RNG.

Furthermore, shrecks' far accuracy was nerfed not so long ago, more nerfs will make them next to useless. So you lost a game. Get over it.

I'm already over it hence the previous post at the end saying "its not a whine about losing a game". So you can jog on as well :)

And TY for that explanation Mr Someguy, I'm sure the shrek wasn't in range to hit it but never mind the logic makes perfect sense anyway.

Shit happens.
30 Jul 2015, 23:31 PM

And TY for that explanation Mr Someguy, I'm sure the shrek wasn't in range to hit it but never mind the logic makes perfect sense anyway.

I think the confusion may come from your use of the word homing. Homing generally means changing direction mid-flight to hit a target. Panzerschrecks (and all other projections) can only do this if they were targetting the object when they fired, which of course requires that object to be within range.

They can overshoot beyond max range and hit things though, but only if those things are in a straight line from where they were fired.
30 Jul 2015, 23:42 PM

If only, if only my child :foreveralone:
31 Jul 2015, 05:00 AM
Patrion 28

Stray projectiles cannot be homing. Homing happens if Weapon is aimed at Vehicle. Weapon fires and the game calculates this shot will be a hit, but Vehicle has started moving, so Weapon's projectile will curve to hit it as was determined when the shot was fired. Therefore, Weapon needs to be targeting Vehicle for homing to happen. If Weapon is not targeting Vehicle when it fires, the projectile will move in a straight line.

i don't know if schrecks have any different flags but gun (ATG and tank) projectiles can roll a hit on any object behind the one they're firing at if they miss the primary target. i've never seen the shot bend but i think that has more to do with a higher projectile speed. i'm also guessing that the higher shot elevation/launch height makes it easier for the long range shots to hit.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS