Login

russian armor

Tuning Packs: Various questions.

25 Jul 2015, 10:45 AM

Hey, I'm currently trying to make a tuning pack which enables a hero-like guy to get for each faction. However, I am quite new to modding COH2 (huge total war modder though) and am stuck in the Rapustita against Archive Editor. Unfortunately, I'm losing right now. What I can't find or don't really understand about the modding logic is:

1. Unit Requirements: How does the 'squad requirement' condition work? I tried setting it up on squad f(y), and ingame, it says when I hover over squad f(x), "Requires Squad f(y). I build the squad f(y) but it still says the same thing.

2. Squad Limit: Is there a way to set a limit on allowing only one of a certain squad/entity to be placed? For example, Tiger IIs and IS2s only allow one on the battlefield at any time. What part is this feature under to edit?

3. Campaign and Animations: I tried to put Isakovich in the normal game, but the only one available is the one where's he's wounded and lying on the ground. Does anyone know if that is to do with the animation set on him (checked the posture section, he has default) or is the model created like that?

Thanks to any help coming along this way; it is greatly appreciated. <this is the new thread I talked about, eliwo0d, if you are able to help : P>
25 Jul 2015, 17:00 PM
Honorary Member Badge

1. Are you talking about the required_squad requirement? Are you just trying to make it so that if one squad is built, it means you cannot build the other?

2. Should be a requirement. Take a look at the squads for those two.

3. Which one did you use?
25 Jul 2015, 22:21 PM

1. Well the first part I'm trying to get to work is to basically for example:
IF Conscript Squad built
THEN Unlock Snipers to build

2. I looked at the squads of both IS2 and Tiger2 but I can't seem to find anything extra in their requirement.

3. There are 3 Isakoviches; 2 of them use the standard officer (cossack_officer_...) model, one, I think the isakovich_mp one uses the isakovich_... model. Its the one they use where his building blows up in the campaign and he's lying in the ruins waiting for help (then Yuri saves him but gets shot for AWOL.)

Thanks.
26 Jul 2015, 01:20 AM
Honorary Member Badge

1. Something you could try instead is to add a player upgrade in the squad_action_apply_ext of the conscript squad, and then have a required_player_upgrade for that upgrade in the sniper squad.

2. That is probably because the Attribute Editor templates are behind the current patch. It would be required_cap, though, probably.

3. Well, there is an m11_isakovich_squad, which uses an m11_isakovich_recon entity. Try that?
31 Jul 2015, 22:48 PM

Ok thanks, I finally found time to carry it out over the week. Getting more busy now, probably I won't post anymore for a few weeks.
1. Sort of works, still looking at it.
2. Works. Thx!
3. Isakovich in m11 is a normal Soviet officer. Guess they didn't put him in as a game unit.
Btw, is there a way to clone an entire mod onto a new tuning pack, so that I can make various versions of it (i.e. one version is the original, the other allows vehicles to be disabled, etc.)?
31 Jul 2015, 23:00 PM
Honorary Member Badge

3. If you have the original files, yes. However, it requires a little bit of work, since the attributes are assigned the original's Mod ID.
1 Aug 2015, 05:14 AM

Does that mean the way to do this is to 'clone' every item that has been added into the next mod?
1 Aug 2015, 06:16 AM

Ok thanks, I finally found time to carry it out over the week. Getting more busy now, probably I won't post anymore for a few weeks.
1. Sort of works, still looking at it.
2. Works. Thx!
3. Isakovich in m11 is a normal Soviet officer. Guess they didn't put him in as a game unit.
Btw, is there a way to clone an entire mod onto a new tuning pack, so that I can make various versions of it (i.e. one version is the original, the other allows vehicles to be disabled, etc.)?

About 2.Would you please tell me where to modify the unit number limit?
1 Aug 2015, 08:49 AM

Under sbps; <your unit>; squad_requirement_ext; requirement_table,

[Add new]> Choose required_cap
To modify unit number limit, in the list under the requirement, click on max_cap. Change it to any number you want.

<template_reference name="required" value="requirements\required_cap">
<enum name="reason" value="usage" />
<locstring name="ui_name" value="0" />
<float name="max_cap" value="1" />
</template_reference>
1 Aug 2015, 10:10 AM

Under sbps; <your unit>; squad_requirement_ext; requirement_table,

[Add new]> Choose required_cap
To modify unit number limit, in the list under the requirement, click on max_cap. Change it to any number you want.

</template_reference>

Thx very much.But where to add this below?

</template_reference>
1 Aug 2015, 14:03 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Does that mean the way to do this is to 'clone' every item that has been added into the next mod?

Actually, it looks like you can just drop the instances folder into the new mod, and upon launching the Attribute Editor it will load them up. All you have to do after that is save, so that all the attributes get converted to the new mod.
1 Aug 2015, 14:07 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Thx very much.But where to add this below?

</template_reference>

You would do this in the Attribute Editor, and it would be more readable.
2 Aug 2015, 00:19 AM

Argh.. came on this morning and the mod I was working on was wiped. The tuning pack's still there though in the run folder; is there a (hopefully not too strenuous) way to trace that .sga back to the .mod and .xml files?

Also, how do I allow buildings to be constructed by a squad?
2 Aug 2015, 01:35 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Once it is in .rgd form, there is no easy way to get it in a form readable by the Attribute Editor.

squad_engineer_ext
3 Aug 2015, 13:10 PM

One thing that occurred tonight; sometimes when you place an object to be built by a building and you click on its icon in-game, the unit doesn't appear. Do you know if there's a definite reason to this?

Also, there's some problems when I load mods afresh from the Tools program; sometimes it loads up with wrong .xmls and in the attribute editor, it is at a different progress to my last time on it.
3 Aug 2015, 13:15 PM
Honorary Member Badge

That might be due to the PBGID being the same as the original, but you have renamed it since cloning. If that is the case, you should delete it and clone again to the new name (or edit the actual .xml file and set the PBGID to -1, so that the AE can assign it a new one).

Are you saving your progress in the AE?
28 Aug 2015, 23:26 PM

Hey sorry for reviving this thread but I can't bother to find another similar title to fit a new one.
So I've come back from busy life to do some modding, and I have a few questions again:
1. Is there a way to program where garrisoned squads say in a vehicle show up (and also which heading is it under to give a vehicle the ability to do so?)
2. Can it be possible to give Engineers or Conscripts permanent visors (from repair/build mode) or to put them on another squad? Wanted to make like a heavy squad dedicated to only building and repairing sort of thing.
Thanks.
29 Aug 2015, 04:05 AM
Honorary Member Badge

Both of these things would require custom models and/or objects, which we do not have tools for.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★