Login

russian armor

OKW in the New Patch: Roman go the house!

31 Jul 2015, 03:31 AM

I have constantly been seeing the same Soviet build used against OKW: Maxims > M5/T70 > SU76s > Howitzer. EVERY SINGLE TIME. M5 T70 is fast enough to get away from Puppchens and Shreks, Maxims require Stuka but then the M5 and T70 rape infantry, SU76s come so early and in droves the P4 and Panther suffer, and the Howitzer makes the late game miserable.
I think the OKW are decent, but the Soviets are the bees' knees right now with a BO that is strong against both Axis factions.
31 Jul 2015, 09:27 AM

not to mention them and OST currently hog and hoard all of the best AT,armor and infantry in-game

wehrmacht is pretty fun to play though, okw is just bad designed imo
31 Jul 2015, 09:54 AM

I don't think OKW has a bad design, I find it to be my favorite faction next to Soviets. OKW has a lot op options against pretty much anything, but that means you need to play your cards right. You can get a puma as quick as anyone can get a Stuart, t70 or m5, if you play it right and sturm the fuel and hold it.

It is a challenge sometimes, especially vs the soviets hordes of driving 360 degrees instant suppression and le doom of le maxim spammerino, but certainly rewarding. I never go for the P4, I just go for double or triple Puma, they out range pretty much anything ,apart from jackson and su85, but you can rush those if you have 2 or 3 Pumas. This in combination with 3 to 5 sturmpioneers, a stuka and an Infra Red HT leaves you almost invincible.

Only true pain is ml20:foreveralone:
31 Jul 2015, 11:10 AM

question

the ammo income rate was nerfed cuz of the shrek blobs combined with obers, cuz of the scavenger doc arty that was able to wipe the american base if you accumulate around 700 muni right?

now since the mgs are buffed, shreks were nerfed, that off map arty was nerfed, obers are overpriced and need to pay for they lmg, do you think its ok for okw to get its 100% muni income back?

i know that most pepole are going to say: "but its a resource starved faction; is should be like that"

i don't see much benefit of giving up fuel and ammo income: yes you can reach vet5 with all of your units in theory but in practice i can only see volks reach vet 5 due to the shrek upgrade, others take forever to vet up. you pay for all your ammo abilities more even tho they perform the same if not worse then the allied counterpart (valiant assalut vs FMR as an example), okw off maps are shit, like proper shit and some of the most expensive ones (zeroing arty)

31 Jul 2015, 12:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2015, 11:10 AMBanillo
question

the ammo income rate was nerfed cuz of the shrek blobs combined with obers, cuz of the scavenger doc arty that was able to wipe the american base if you accumulate around 700 muni right?

now since the mgs are buffed, shreks were nerfed, that off map arty was nerfed, obers are overpriced and need to pay for they lmg, do you think its ok for okw to get its 100% muni income back?

i know that most pepole are going to say: "but its a resource starved faction; is should be like that"

i don't see much benefit of giving up fuel and ammo income: yes you can reach vet5 with all of your units in theory but in practice i can only see volks reach vet 5 due to the shrek upgrade, others take forever to vet up. you pay for all your ammo abilities more even tho they perform the same if not worse then the allied counterpart (valiant assalut vs FMR as an example), okw off maps are shit, like proper shit and some of the most expensive ones (zeroing arty)

The munitions income is currently set at 80% for OKW. I don't think it would to THAT bad if it was bumped up to 100% considering shreks have a lot more counters than they used to (and everyones fears of 100% income revolve around shrek income anyway)
31 Jul 2015, 15:03 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post31 Jul 2015, 09:27 AMJawohl?

wehrmacht is pretty fun to play though, okw is just bad designed imo

still doesnt make up the fact they still have the best AT, armor and infantry in-game. RNG not included and AT guns have at least an 80-90% chance of guaranteed penetration
31 Jul 2015, 18:34 PM

Is it viable to use Sturms as your basic infantry?
31 Jul 2015, 19:30 PM
Benefactor 392

It always has... or that is what i had always used...
31 Jul 2015, 19:42 PM

Iv had a few games were I had as many Sturms as I had Volks (because I only had two of each).
31 Jul 2015, 21:49 PM

I feel like two Sturms, kubel, and panzerfusies might be good. Maybe into a puma.
1 Aug 2015, 01:45 AM

Permanently Banned
2 sturms, 3 volks, 1 ober 2 racketen.
1 Aug 2015, 02:10 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

It always has... or that is what i had always used...

I did too!

Sometimes. Map-dependent of course.

Though it'd usually go to pot later by an inevitable one-shot squad-wipe even if it worked beforehand for me...
1 Aug 2015, 02:12 AM

2 sturms, 3 volks, 1 ober 2 racketen.

early rackten is always good, especially versus quad mount shittery or T-70 rushes.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★