Login

russian armor

Semoisky: Which version to veto?

23 Jul 2015, 23:39 PM
Patrion 27

Hey guys,

So I have been playing some ladder games recently and as I'm sure most of you all know, picking what maps to veto as Ostheer can be a bit tricky. As of right now my vetoes are the following:

Stalingrad ( :snfPeter: )
Semoisky Summer
Bystraya Voda
La Gleize Donut Kappa

I've been back and forth on which version of semoisky to veto. The summer version obviously has easier fuel points to hold, but getting pushed off the map is basically GG since it is rather easy to contain someone once they are pushed back from their cutoff. The winter version doesn't have this problem (or at least it is easier to break out of, imo) but I can almost never manage to hold my fuel points, which obviously isn't good.

I have considered just vetoing them both, and putting up with La Gleize but I struggle a bit on that map as well. I suppose I could always just use Spearhead or Lighting War on La Gleize and just suck it up, but I wanted to hear what everyone else's opinion was first.

Cheers
24 Jul 2015, 08:01 AM

My vetoes as axis are : stalingrad (shock city)
bystraya voda (one fuel is not good for axis)
la gleize (too many houses in midle and fuelis behind shot blocker so its harder to hold with mg)

Ok now we need to choose between winter and summer version of semoskiy (whitch si not only your problem but also problem of many axis players because first 3 are no brainer and that the forth is a bit tricky becasue both are very similar )

Summer
+Easy fuel
+no deep snow = lesser squadwipes to light vehicles (you have bigger movement speed)
+/- small amound of routes to island (if you block enemy main route he will be having hard work to det in game , mg 42 there is always good) , but also if they froce your cutt of is often gg because of allies early game superiority , so you need to holds it at all costs

- both muny are on flanks - whitch favors mainly allies because they are more mobile as we all know

Winter
- cut off able fuel , if you begin in upper side your fuel is easily captured but you ll be having hard time to capture enemy fuelk due his house near it and vice verse
- deep snow - screws pathing units are more clumbed and move at slower speed (more squadwiped due superior allies vehicles and arty)
-muny on flanks (like first version)

+ice - you can´t be completey cut offed because you can always move thorught ice , but its risky a bit , just dont forgo even small island with fuel is coveded by ice so you can easily loose there tanks becuase of clever mine placing

Houses are the same so we dont talk about them

And my winer is semoskyi summer . I play it instead of winter wersion because of easy fuel and no deep snow (i know about that cutt of but axis can hold 1 location on map rather easily)

Just dont forgot to make flame halftrack on this map every time due amount of buildings, also teller mine on obvios spot can help you to destroy quad m5 becuase paks are having hard time on these maps

And mg 42 is you best friend with cut off holding

Hope this help you
Also small minefield on you fuel always does wonders ;)

Mainly from ostheer perspective
24 Jul 2015, 09:08 AM
Patrion 27

thanks for the reply.

The deep snow bit is probably the main reason i hate the winter version so much. I don't like the summer version as much either because it can be just as easy for yourself to get pinned in your own base. I suppose I will try the summer version a bit more now that you can get MGs a lot faster.
24 Jul 2015, 10:01 AM

24 Jul 2015, 17:07 PM

The version you wanna veto is called minsk
as axis no. In that map are no flanking routes so you cqn lock down big portion of map. I know this map is weird but it is more axis favored than semoskiy winter.
24 Jul 2015, 19:00 PM
Patrion 27

yeah I'd rather play on Minsk than either of the Semoiskys, personally.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★