Login

russian armor

How to deal with Double OKW in 2v2.

26 Jul 2015, 07:28 AM

Been having a lot of trouble with support guns, they are absolutely ridiculous at times and continually pin my assaulting infantry, is there any way to counter them at early stages of the game?
26 Jul 2015, 07:39 AM
Donator 11

Been having a lot of trouble with support guns, they are absolutely ridiculous at times and continually pin my assaulting infantry, is there any way to counter them at early stages of the game?

Generally speaking: spreading out, flanking, going ways the ISG can only fire indirectly (it's not too great with that).
Not so generally: depends on map and your own faction.
26 Jul 2015, 08:21 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jul 2015, 07:39 AMkamk

Generally speaking: spreading out, flanking, going ways the ISG can only fire indirectly (it's not too great with that).
Not so generally: depends on map and your own faction.

I was playing USF, I wasn't able to deal with them until my Sherman came up but by that time I had taken some real bad hits from those guns, the suppression really screwed me over a couple times also.
26 Jul 2015, 15:37 PM
Donator 11

I was playing USF, I wasn't able to deal with them until my Sherman came up but by that time I had taken some real bad hits from those guns, the suppression really screwed me over a couple times also.

A demo might help to see gameplay leaks.

The ISG itself shouldn't stop anyone from engaging it, so there's obv. something else - the indirect fire just bleeds you as intended.
Quite simply, as i said before, spread out more, and try not to force yourself too much on killing it asap.

Another way: try the Howi, the recent cost reduction makes it quite worthwhile, and they also outrange (!) the ISG. Keep in mind there's also a lot of light vehicles at your disposal. And then there's your mate... who maybe can help you to get rid of a high priority target (for you).
26 Jul 2015, 23:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post26 Jul 2015, 15:37 PMkamk

A demo might help to see gameplay leaks.

The ISG itself shouldn't stop anyone from engaging it, so there's obv. something else - the indirect fire just bleeds you as intended.
Quite simply, as i said before, spread out more, and try not to force yourself too much on killing it asap.

Another way: try the Howi, the recent cost reduction makes it quite worthwhile, and they also outrange (!) the ISG. Keep in mind there's also a lot of light vehicles at your disposal. And then there's your mate... who maybe can help you to get rid of a high priority target (for you).

I felt like i did really bad that game, it was late at night and I was pretty tired. I went with my usual captain tier for the Stuart,I will definitely try out the howi since I usually ignored it before the patch and I'm still to adjusting to the new meta from the patch, he did have a sturm officer that would force retreat my infantry, which was annoying.

I know my teammate was going katushyas (which worked very well) to counter the ISGs and it was my job to protect him with my Stuart + Captain combo to force away luchs, it wasn't until I got a Sherman out until i was able to force him back hard but they eventually recovered.

I also went from playings 4v4s mostly to trying 2v2s, which are completely different of course, so I didn't expect to do exceedingly well in that game.
27 Jul 2015, 09:08 AM

I already remove OWK faction from my 2v2 faction list because they can't fight against soviet with 152 mm howtiz and it becomes unplayable Faction after that.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★