Login

russian armor

M5 Quadrush

PAGES (16)down
27 Jul 2015, 14:08 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jul 2015, 13:43 PMofield

Main gun crits for quad and 222 are bugged, the quad gun and 20mm still fires with crit.

I always figured that the vehicle crews thought they were clever and labeled their puny MGs as their "main guns."

"Ah no Dimitry, they've destroyed our main gun!"
"Fear not, comrade! Before the battle I labeled puny crew MG as main gun. Those stupid Krauts blew up the wrong weapon!"
*cackles maniacally while shooting quad .50 cal*
27 Jul 2015, 14:11 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post27 Jul 2015, 13:43 PMofield

Main gun crits for quad and 222 are bugged, the quad gun and 20mm still fires with crit.

Add flame HT to the list.
28 Jul 2015, 22:31 PM

Can we please get a hotfix for the M5 already? This unit is absurd.
28 Jul 2015, 22:42 PM

the issue with the m5 is that it comes so early.

-root of the problem here- how cheap t3 is

the q5 is not an imba unit… its the time that it hits the field..

the only counter is 2 at guns.. and on a smaller tight map, its impossible to counter [properly].
28 Jul 2015, 22:49 PM

Can we please get a hotfix for the M5 already? This unit is absurd.

Agreed.

jump backJump back to quoted post28 Jul 2015, 22:42 PMnateums
the issue with the m5 is that it comes so early.

-root of the problem here- how cheap t3 is

the q5 is not an imba unit… its the time that it hits the field..

the only counter is 2 at guns.. and on a smaller tight map, its impossible to counter [properly].

The root of the problem is that Relic buffed it multiple times and then made it available earlier and set it in the tech tree so that everyone would build it.

It gains vet way too fast.

It annihilates Kübelwagen in one Salvo.

It suppresses infantry in one volley.

It can defeat any other light vehicle in the game (short of the puma and Panzer II).

It offers a perfect synergy with 6 men squads and weapon crews. Before that when reinforcing at your halftrack you at least had to abstain from Su-85s and Kajuschas, now you don´t.
28 Jul 2015, 22:52 PM

The damage on the M5 Quad really needs to be reduced. It slaughters every halftrack and armored car in a couple of volleys and at close range de-crews AT guns extraordinarily fast.
28 Jul 2015, 22:59 PM

-Needs a flat damage reduction
-Needs to cost more
-Needs small arms always causing main gun destroyed fixed as it allows the M5 to kill even Puma's if it catches one with half health.
29 Jul 2015, 10:23 AM

-Needs a flat damage reduction
-Needs to cost more
-Needs small arms always causing main gun destroyed fixed as it allows the M5 to kill even Puma's if it catches one with half health.

No.
Needs either a cost increase/ adjustment
or damage reduction.
Not all of that at once.
29 Jul 2015, 10:40 AM

The root of the problem is that Relic buffed it multiple times and then made it available earlier and set it in the tech tree so that everyone would build it.

That bears a close resemblance to HMG42 description :sibPheasant:
Though solution could also be lowering damage and increasing accuracy, which would keep AI dps at intended level while diminishing effectiveness against light vehicles.

Kubel though should be torn apart, its T0 car, not even armored one, its just a car with MG.
29 Jul 2015, 11:01 AM
Donator 33

Just reduce the damage from 12 to 8 like it was, and boom everything is fixed, its so simple
29 Jul 2015, 12:11 PM

No.
Needs either a cost increase/ adjustment
or damage reduction.
Not all of that at once.

No it needs both because it can rape enemy light vehicles, comes incredibly early, and can always cause main gun destroyed at 25% health so the vehicle can't even fight back. Making it come 1-2 minutes later won't fix the fact it's horrible screaming death for the few light vehicles the Axis factions DO have.

Kubel though should be torn apart, its T0 car, not even armored one, its just a car with MG.

It kills it faster than AT guns do

Though solution could also be lowering damage and increasing accuracy, which would keep AI dps at intended level while diminishing effectiveness against light vehicles.

It's AI damage isn't acceptable either. It just needs to do a lot of suppression but not THAT much damage. Especially since it has no set up or tear down time or Kubel-like function.
29 Jul 2015, 12:49 PM

Hello guys, my 1st post here, yet I lurked for a year or so.

I love the longer light vehicle window, yet the M5 is giving me some real headache. the early power of that halftruck is just absurd. I know it costs a lot of muni, but soviet faction design does not have so many mandatory muni upgrades as other factions, making the cost of AA upgrade more then acceptable.

At that stage of the game, You cannot properly support Your PAK without losing the map control which is already a win by itself. and if you spread yourself, the PAK will be decrewed with a simple "drive by" and stolen a moment later, since even damaged M5 (from 1 PAK shot) in hands of competent player will repel grens with fausts with ease.

by the time the M5 hits the field, OST player usually accomodate approx. 250 MUNI.

I usually try to place 1-2 tellers in critical areas, but you cannot treat it as a counter, more like a calculated gambit. sometimes it works, great, but in last game the SU player just pumped another one on the spot. Kinda depressing, since it killed the sniper and HMG seconds later.

The other option is a mechanized grens + shreck, which with a bit of luck with the RNG, can kill the M5 before it will rip the german HT to shreds, with the panzergrens and 100 muni upgrade as well.

Dont even mention 222 or shrecks on foot. If it worked, the soviet player clearly made a BIG, STUPID mistake.

IMO there are few options how to fix it.

- nerf the damage (both to infantry and light vehicles) I know 222 shouldnt be an even match for it, but right now M5 just rushes it and kills it on the spot.
- leave damage as it is, but introduce the set up time, just like OKW HT.
- Remove suppress so M5 couldn't kite fausts and shrecks so easily.
-remove reinforce ability.

Just my 2 cents.

30 Jul 2015, 02:14 AM

How is removing reinforcement going to help if it is :
1.Melting infantry
2.Melting light vehicles
...it desperately needs a damage nerf,it's like KV-8 all over again
30 Jul 2015, 02:29 AM
Patrion 28

so i'm guessing the root of the "fire while crited" issue is that you can't assign maingun to an upgrade.
30 Jul 2015, 03:30 AM

the only fix, as stated by iovan: to make the quad upgrade only available once you hit t4

the unit is not OP, its the time that it comes out with the quad upgrade.

in late game its fine...

30 Jul 2015, 04:20 AM
Donator 22

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2015, 03:30 AMnateums
the only fix, as stated by iovan: to make the quad upgrade only available once you hit t4

Personally, I don't even like that you have to buy Soviet T3 in order to get T4, so I definitely don't like the Idea of needing T4 to upgrade a t3 unit (IMO it makes the upgrading system a bit more convoluted than it needs to be).

Just reduce accuracy when firing on the move or reduce damage and I think it would be better balanced.
30 Jul 2015, 05:33 AM

The last time a HT upgrade was gated behind teching the Wher Flame HT went from meta to never being seen again. The M5 quad needs to come earlier than T4 for it to be a viable choice. Right now it is just doing way too much damage for it's arrival time, particularly against light vehicles. Fix that and the quad will be in a much better place.
30 Jul 2015, 07:29 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post24 Jul 2015, 14:28 PMZyllen

The fuck did i just read? it has 28.5 frontal armour. its about as bulletproof as they can get. m20 has in comparison 16 armour. shrek is not a counter. suppressed units have issues firing their shrek. and this thing suppresses quickly. leaving only the pak as a counter.

Yes, use small arms fire on it - YOU'RE the god damn noob. XD

Use infantry squad to absorb shots while you position pak to shoot at M5. Come from behind with another inf squad if you can. Is that clear enough?

All you guys that posted I'm a noob cos the M5 takes no damage from small arms fire - well done on completely missing my point.

Try building an early Pak like other factions have had to do since day1! Keep the Pak alive by distracting the M5 with infantry!

"Use Pak, even some small arms fire with Pak will kill it. With schreks and pak it has no chance at all.

Flank the truck like other inf flank HMG's. Lay mines. Build early AT. L2P.

#Adapt."
30 Jul 2015, 07:41 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2015, 05:33 AMCabreza
The last time a HT upgrade was gated behind teching the Wher Flame HT went from meta to never being seen again. The M5 quad needs to come earlier than T4 for it to be a viable choice. Right now it is just doing way too much damage for it's arrival time, particularly against light vehicles. Fix that and the quad will be in a much better place.

The FHT upgrade was never made because there is no use for a short range low health unit in the late game.

I don't understand why some people keep bringing up the FHT. The two units are worlds apart. Just because something did not work for one of them doesn't mean it won't for the other.
30 Jul 2015, 07:41 AM

Yes, use small arms fire on it - YOU'RE the god damn noob. XD

Use infantry squad to absorb shots while you position pak to shoot at M5. Come from behind with another inf squad if you can. Is that clear enough?

All you guys that posted I'm a noob cos the M5 takes no damage from small arms fire - well done on completely missing my point.

Try building an early Pak like other factions have had to do since day1! Keep the Pak alive by distracting the M5 with infantry!

"Use Pak, even some small arms fire with Pak will kill it. With schreks and pak it has no chance at all.

Flank the truck like other inf flank HMG's. Lay mines. Build early AT. L2P.

#Adapt."

Clearly everyone here thinks that you're the n00b and not Zyllen :romeoPls:
PAGES (16)down
2 users are browsing this thread: 2 guests

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment