Login

russian armor

M5 Quadrush

PAGES (16)down
22 Jul 2015, 13:33 PM

Please explain to me how to counter the M5 Quadrush as Wehrmacht 1v1

It came at just 2 CP's the last time and i had a PaK at that time. It nevertheless can just play around your PaK and push you off the field elsewhere.

It suppresses extremely quickly, it does a lot of damage resulting in easy wipes in case of no engine damage and it comes very, very early if the Soviet has done his job right. You then lose mapcontrol because this thing harasses you anywhere.

Possible counters at this stage : PaK, but it does take 3 consecutive shots (from my experience, may be 2)
Teller mine, but its a gamble whether the HT hits it or not
Pgren Schrecks, but they get negated due to the fast suppression

And please dont tell me to use the Puma, because it not only does come at 5 CP when its already way too late but because its also doctrinal. And i dont want to be forced to use a doctrinal counter to an early, stock vehicle everyone can easily access every game.
22 Jul 2015, 13:39 PM

Actually, I believe the actual M5 Quad it's not ok, something must be done with it without cutting its latest gained efficiency. I would delay the supression feature or make the upgrade more expensive. First solution though.
22 Jul 2015, 13:42 PM

Noticed that too. It's just like during soviet industry times, yesterday I encountered a 6:30 T70.

Relic wanted to prolong light vehicle play... that didn't happen, the window for light vehicles is simply opened earlier.

It was not a problem during alpha because T3 was costing more.
22 Jul 2015, 13:45 PM

Schrecks are useless against it on all open maps unless completely mismicroed, Teller is too much of a gamble IMHO, Pak still the best bet.
22 Jul 2015, 13:48 PM

22 Jul 2015, 13:54 PM

When I predicted this last week all I got a bunch of people telling me to L2AT gun.

Meanwhile I have absolutely crushed a few ~rank 50 players within 15 minutes with Soviet (not supposed to happen vs equal skill players), only losing to Giap (a much, much better player than me) because my SU76 spam follow-up refused to hit a single one of their HE barrages.
22 Jul 2015, 13:59 PM

Got a replay?

play an ostheer 1v1 by yourself and experience the joy
aaa
22 Jul 2015, 14:08 PM

M5
Played 1 game today. Like 10 games in total with this unit. Not sure why people are raging about M5

1. Mediocre dps
2. Mediocre speed
3. Standart light armor

Its not a wiping machine, at long range it just supresses. Ussualy it gets like 15 kills per game.
What it is doing well is supressing blobs. For me T70 > M5.
22 Jul 2015, 14:10 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post22 Jul 2015, 14:08 PMaaa
M5
Played 1 game today. Like 10 games in total with this unit. Not sure why people are raging about M5

1. Mediocre dps
2. Mediocre speed
3. Standart light armor

Its not a wiping machine at all. Ussualy it gets 10-15 kills per game. I would be OK if they nerf this unit. I dont like it.

The only what it is doing well is countering blobs. For me T70 > M5.

The reason for all the rage and complaining is that it comes extremely early and is way too strong in that stage of the game. Its just like when WFA was released and WFA army HT's were abused.
22 Jul 2015, 14:14 PM

feels like pre-nerf soviet industry 2.0
22 Jul 2015, 14:18 PM

The reason for all the rage and complaining is that it comes extremely early and is way too strong in that stage of the game. Its just like when WFA was released and WFA army HT's were abused.

Bullshit! The reason for all the complaining is that a relic dev hinted that they'd nerf the unit if it turned out to be OP. So now people are just complaining for no reason hoping for a nerf.

You can easily kill these things with Pak, mines and flanking schreks. L2P, dont rely on propaganda to twist the game to your own ends.

Edit: even a freely-upgunned scout car.
22 Jul 2015, 14:22 PM
Patrion 14

Possible counters at this stage : PaK, but it does take 3 consecutive shots (from my experience, may be 2)

The M5 has 320 healthpoints. The pak does 160 damage. If it hits, it will always require 2.
22 Jul 2015, 14:24 PM

Bullshit! The reason for all the complaining is that a relic dev hinted that they'd nerf the unit if it turned out to be OP. So now people are just complaining for no reason hoping for a nerf.

You can easily kill these things with Pak, mines and flanking schreks. L2P, dont rely on propaganda to twist the game to your own ends.

not sure whether trolling or not tried playing ostheer 1v1 yet
22 Jul 2015, 14:27 PM

Nonsense Ticktack. Also, 222 will die miserably to a quad, as in, not even close. Again, try playing Ostheer.
22 Jul 2015, 14:30 PM

Nonsense Ticktack. Also, 222 will die miserably to a quad, as in, not even close. Again, try playing Ostheer.

Cant believe he said 222 will kill the Quad :snfPeter:
aaa
22 Jul 2015, 14:31 PM

I m 100% sure any single ATG hard counters M5. Even raketen werwer HARD COUNTERS it. Not soft counters.

Its good if its stays as is cuz axis would need to guess what will it be T70 or M5. And counters are the same but positioninig and ways to engage are different slightly.
22 Jul 2015, 14:33 PM

Cant believe he said 222 will kill the Quad :snfPeter:

Hihi. Between Katitof, Alex and various newcomers, I learn amazing new facets of and factoids about this game every day!
22 Jul 2015, 14:33 PM

Kappa TickTack I've also seen OKW FHT die extremely quickly against M5's. No count in any sort of way. Only OKW Puma can does the trick. 1 unit Kappa MVGame
22 Jul 2015, 14:38 PM

please show me a replay where you have a pak, multiple mines and panzerschrecks before a rushed M5 is raping your units :snfPeter:
PAGES (16)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 51
unknown 39
Germany 16
unknown 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W