Login

russian armor

An idea to buff Allies detection abilities.

20 Jul 2015, 22:48 PM
Patrion 27

Now that the OKW IR Halftrack only cost 200mp, the Axis totally outclass the Allies in detection abilities. Tomorrow's patch gives all recon overflights the ability to detect cloaked units within 90 range, buffing all factions, but especially Close-Air Support with it's incredibly spammable overflight.

I don't mind any of this one bit but I think the Allies could use something a little more which led me to an ability that is almost never used by anyone and could fit the role: Soviet Armored Vehicle Detection. Available at 4 CP in Urban Defense and Shock Motor Heavy Tactics this ability costs a whopping 65 munitions to reveal vehicles on your minimap within a radius around your combat infantry and only works for something like 30 seconds.

I propose this ability be changed to a passive for all combat infantry that works in "X" radius. Maybe even adding something similar to how the OKW IR HT highlights units on the battlefield that it detects.
20 Jul 2015, 22:51 PM

If you want to fix this fix tracking first
20 Jul 2015, 22:51 PM

Permanently Banned
Well IR halftrack is underpriced to begin with 5-10 fuel max
20 Jul 2015, 23:06 PM
Donator 11

Now that the OKW IR Halftrack only cost 200mp, the Axis totally outclass the Allies in detection abilities. Tomorrow's patch gives all recon overflights the ability to detect cloaked units within 90 range, buffing all factions, but especially Close-Air Support with it's incredibly spammable overflight.

I don't mind any of this one bit but I think the Allies could use something a little more which led me to an ability that is almost never used by anyone and could fit the role: Soviet Armored Vehicle Detection. Available at 4 CP in Urban Defense and Shock Motor Heavy Tactics this ability costs a whopping 65 munitions to reveal vehicles on your minimap within a radius around your combat infantry and only works for something like 30 seconds.

I propose this ability be changed to a passive for all combat infantry that works in "X" radius. Maybe even adding something similar to how the OKW IR HT highlights units on the battlefield that it detects.

usf has non-doctrinal recon and soviets have radio intercept, recons and flares. i wouldnt call it outclass.
20 Jul 2015, 23:34 PM
Patrion 27

usf has non-doctrinal recon and soviets have radio intercept, recons and flares. i wouldnt call it outclass.

Well since I see CAS in 95% of team games the recon may as well be non-doc and Axis has all of the relevant cloaking units to begin with. Also IR halftrack is a little bit ridiculous in how effective it is for cost. Like I said in my op, this isn't an "axis op" thread, it's a "buff Soviet detection and make an unused ability do something useful" thread.

I actually like the Major Recon, but it's tied to a crappy unit.

Radio Intercept is nice but it often seems to not be able to keep up with the alert queue by mid-game. I think Intercept should have a text log that you can toggle or, oh I DUNNO, use some of the useless HUD in the bottom mid of the screen.

21 Jul 2015, 01:18 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Did they fix Rifles Forward Observer bug? Add that to the list.
21 Jul 2015, 01:31 AM
Donator 11

agree on IR but if you make it fuel cost no one will buy it. just increase mp cost imo. you can turn it around as much as you want and even if you would see it in every game its still non-doctrinal.

ps. remember times when radio intercept intercepted where i placed teller mines?
21 Jul 2015, 05:00 AM
Patrion 27

agree on IR but if you make it fuel cost no one will buy it. just increase mp cost imo. you can turn it around as much as you want and even if you would see it in every game its still non-doctrinal.

ps. remember times when radio intercept intercepted where i placed teller mines?

I like the IR where it is. I think we could kill two birds with one stone by giving Allies a bit better detection and buffing an underused ability.

And yes, Forward Observers definitely should get fixed or replaced.
21 Jul 2015, 06:52 AM

5 fuel, which you can get back from salvaging it.
21 Jul 2015, 08:06 AM
Donator 22

wait for sept the 3rd :foreveralone:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment