Login

russian armor

USF munitions

17 Jul 2015, 21:30 PM

Hey guys i only started playing USF recently and while playing i tend to float a lot of munitions since there's no major way to spend them.
I was just wondering if it just happens to me or is it normal to float munitions as usf.
Also you think they need a conversion system from munitions to fuel ?
imo i think this will improve early and mid game usf superiority and can make up for their lack of late game love.
Ur thoughts ??
17 Jul 2015, 22:03 PM

Permanently Banned
Get used to throwing a lot of grenades. They don't really have muni dump anymore since the BAR and zook upgrades go universal in the next patch. So my thought will be a lot of m20 mines and a lot of grenades.

Since light armor comes quicker now, I think a muni to fuel conversion for the USF is a bad idea. We will see an ever quicker stuart, which is already hard to counter for the Axis.

Perhaps the return of some usefull mines? Anti infantry mines would be helpfull. I would like the USF to have those, could be used as a muni sink togheter with grenades, perhaps flamethrowers for rear echelons, and we can see some nice muni investments for USF.
17 Jul 2015, 22:59 PM
Patrion 14

Get used to throwing a lot of grenades. They don't really have muni dump anymore since the BAR and zook upgrades go universal in the next patch. So my thought will be a lot of m20 mines and a lot of grenades.

I think you misinterpret the change. The change will combine the unlock research upgrades into one that will cost 15 fuel and 150 manpower. This change if anything will give usf players more ways to spend their ammo than before because you unlock zooks and bars for the same price as 1 upgrade before the change.

So if you need zooks and research them, you now (or if you play without the mod, after the patch goes live) can as well throw a bar on one of your squads if you got the munitions for it.
17 Jul 2015, 23:21 PM

If you have a lot of muni it can be used in late game, like p47 bombing and different arty strikes with commanders. Also, if your opponent have a lot mgs you need to unlock grenades, smoke is a very nice option for flanking and covering your men or tanks. With grenades you will bleed muni faster. You can spend muni on bars or bazookas. In late game rifles need upgrades because they will face with lmg42 grens, obers, falshs etc. So save muni for upgrades for rifles. If you go airborne, you can spend muni on p47 and brownings or tompsons for paras. USF have a lot of ways to spend muni, they don't need any conversions.
17 Jul 2015, 23:58 PM

i was not complaining about the lack of ways to spend ur munitions im just saying that as usf conversion of munitions to fuel might come in very handy cuz unlike okw or ostheer they do not rely heavily on munitions .
18 Jul 2015, 07:27 AM

Permanently Banned

I think you misinterpret the change. The change will combine the unlock research upgrades into one that will cost 15 fuel and 150 manpower. This change if anything will give usf players more ways to spend their ammo than before because you unlock zooks and bars for the same price as 1 upgrade before the change.

So if you need zooks and research them, you now (or if you play without the mod, after the patch goes live) can as well throw a bar on one of your squads if you got the munitions for it.

Thank you Sherlock, my thoughts well exceeded my knowledge.
18 Jul 2015, 07:29 AM

Permanently Banned
jump backJump back to quoted post17 Jul 2015, 23:58 PMrush
i was not complaining about the lack of ways to spend ur munitions im just saying that as usf conversion of munitions to fuel might come in very handy cuz unlike okw or ostheer they do not rely heavily on munitions .

How do you suppose this munitions transfer comes in to play. Commander wise? What cp count? Not to early otherwise USF will steamrole any allied play, especially Ostheer that basically have no light vehicles apart from their glass cannon
18 Jul 2015, 10:55 AM

How do you suppose this munitions transfer comes in to play. Commander wise? What cp count? Not to early otherwise USF will steamrole any allied play, especially Ostheer that basically have no light vehicles apart from their glass cannon

it can be tech wise , same as with okw , maybe the captain gains such an ability instead of the speed production ability no one uses ,especially in the new patch where the m20 will no longer show up early and 222 will be there for the counter anw
players will need stuart to do what the m20 does now.
not to mention major cost was increased from 90 to 120 and by the time shermans hit the field they will be facing heavy axis armor.
i think 150 muni for 50 fuel is a fair trade.
maybe a long cooldown time or a determined number of times u can use the ability can help keep it under control .
18 Jul 2015, 11:42 AM

use it for calling more p47 Kappa
18 Jul 2015, 12:37 PM

use it for calling more p47 Kappa

Spam P47 for everything, multiple times. and upgrade all rifles with doubel BARs and throw grenades on everything. u can spam the major artilery strike too. enough ways to dump muni Kappa
18 Jul 2015, 18:36 PM

USF are the most munitions reliant faction in game. Rifles scale late game through upgrades and grenades, Sherman smoke costs muni, off maps to kill okw trucks cost munis, p47 costs munis, and paratroopers cost munis. MG FPs cost munis too and they're essential on big maps.

Ostheer is 2nd most reliant but can circumvent lmg grens kinda with sniper, support weapons, ostruppen, and panzgrens.

18 Jul 2015, 19:06 PM

USF is more reliant on munitions than even the Ostheer. After around 12-15 mins, Rifles are nothing but a manpower hole without BARS and smoke
18 Jul 2015, 20:17 PM

At Vet 3 they can use grenades every 10 seconds. If your rolling in munitions, a force of three vet 3 Rifles can do obscene damage to any enemy type.

Honestly the USF should have had OKWs transfer, if Major is left in base.
20 Jul 2015, 09:42 AM

I'm the complete opposite, I'm easily more limited by munitions on USF than any other faction.

I pretty much use it all on smokes and grenades but on top of that you've got your weapon racks, whatever arty/p47 call ins are available to you and m20 mines.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Russian Federation 29
Peru 8
United States 2
South Africa 0
unknown 10

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L