Login

russian armor

Trouble fighting against rifle company

17 Jul 2015, 07:44 AM

As ostheer, I have a lot of trouble against rifle company. Veteran riflemen and smoke grenades are hard as hell to deal with, and easy 8s are killer against my tanks and at guns. Does anyone have any tips?
17 Jul 2015, 08:44 AM

Well to deal with the E8's I would suggest less heavy t3 play and more pak and panther play. Early vs rifle men have two mgs covering one another while using grens to stop flanks
17 Jul 2015, 08:55 AM

Ooooh let 21 July hit fast Plxorino!
17 Jul 2015, 10:03 AM

Wait 4 more days until the patch. And if you want to play ostheer in the mean-time, use the Mechanized Assault doctrine.

Going T3 against rifle company is pretty pointless at the moment as you have to invest a lot in tech (while he just calls-in his armor without needing to tech past captain) just to have tanks that don't really do well against EZ 8s.
17 Jul 2015, 10:42 AM

Wait 4 more days until the patch. And if you want to play ostheer in the mean-time, use the Mechanized Assault doctrine.

Going T3 against rifle company is pretty pointless at the moment as you have to invest a lot in tech (while he just calls-in his armor without needing to tech past captain) just to have tanks that don't really do well against EZ 8s.

You have to be joking, I would rather go against rifle company than infantry or airborne. Also t3 can be useful vs ez8 eg stugs duh
17 Jul 2015, 11:08 AM

Yeah rifle company hasn't been good/op in a long time 300mp cost and the normal riflemen bulletins don't even work for them.

17 Jul 2015, 11:24 AM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

play with the sniper and mg well and you'll never lose to usf.(unless you refuse to veto Stalingrad.)

Also easy 8 unlike normal Sherman doesn't just lottery wipe paks unless you did something very wrong, or stood in phosphorus too long.

17 Jul 2015, 14:15 PM
Admin Red  Badge

If you really want to play as Ostheer before the patch then I would proceed as Cookiez has already hinted: Use the mighty Sniper to deal with annoying Rifle Company. Of course on a map which suits Sniper play such as Angoville.

The following build order worked for me:

Sniper
Grenadier
Grenadier
MG42
Battle Phase 1 -> T2
221 -> 222 if have already seen M20 (usually at 4th to 5th minute mark)
OR PaK40 if you have not seen M20 in this period or if you see Captain
Grenadier

Then I chose Mobile Defence Doctrine and called in a Puma and afterwards Command PIV. Thereafter I called in Osttruppen to bolster my infantry forces. Alternatively you can choose CAS (more infantry and PaK40s, eventually StuG G) or Mechanised Assault (StuG G and Tiger).

Be as aggressive as you can with your Sniper to inflict as much manpower bleed as possible to USF since they suffer heavily for every lost Rifleman model. Never advance if your flanks are not covered and be careful about light vehicles once you have spotted Lieutenant or Captain. Teller mines definitely help.
17 Jul 2015, 14:45 PM

+1 on Sniper

Well microed OST sniper is the bane of USF as the MP bleed really eats at you over time. Just make sure to screen him if they go Lt. because the USF will likely get a M20 to try and hunt him down.
18 Jul 2015, 14:14 PM

A lot of people might not approve this idea but imo Festung Armor (Pak43 - cmd tank - railway artillery) commander is a great choice on most of the maps since the commander lacks any "real" off map arty to counter the pak43.
You should play the game very defensively and lock down the area you want to have the pak43 on, early on in the game. The cmd tank helps with infantry in the mid/late game and the pak43 with some proper mining keeps the ez8s away with ease and you can tech for a panther behind the defensive build.
18 Jul 2015, 22:35 PM

If your losing to an opponent thats using Rifle Company then you are not losing to Rifle Company, your just losing to a better player. Rifle Company is not that good. EZ8 are not that good and lack the punch of HE shells against infantry. The only difference in Vet Riflemen and regular Riflemen is vet 1 have the ability to throw AT grenades. Regular and smoke grenades still have to be tech'd like for ordinary riflemen. Thats it - thats the only difference. AT nades are only usefull that early in the game if trying to take out early kubel, otherwise vet riflemen have no real use or advantage over regualrs during early game. E8 is still paper tank like all USF armor. I have no idea why most USF players go Rifle Company - there are at least 2 better options.
18 Jul 2015, 22:59 PM

You have to be joking, I would rather go against rifle company than infantry or airborne. Also t3 can be useful vs ez8 eg stugs duh

Rifle company completely dominates Ostheer except for when you are using mechanized assault.

You go riflespam with grenades, add flamers, a captain and a stuart and spam EZ8s after that.

You will have spent just 500mp and 100 fuel on tech if you include the ambulance, and you also get a free squad for it.

Meanwhile with Ost you need to spend over 800mp, 60 ammo and what, 150 fuel? To have access to the same stuff, and you don't get a free bonus squad and you end up with P4s that don't do well against EZ8s.

The only way to beat a equal level player who is using rifle company is by skipping tech all together yourself.
18 Jul 2015, 23:19 PM

Rifle company completely dominates Ostheer except for when you are using mechanized assault.

You go riflespam with grenades, add flamers, a captain and a stuart and spam EZ8s after that.

You will have spent just 500mp and 100 fuel on tech if you include the ambulance, and you also get a free squad for it.

Meanwhile with Ost you need to spend over 800mp, 60 ammo and what, 150 fuel? To have access to the same stuff, and you don't get a free bonus squad and you end up with P4s that don't do well against EZ8s.

The only way to beat a equal level player who is using rifle company is by skipping tech all together yourself.

Thx, wish I had read this sooner. Just lost second 1v1 in a row to same player who always seems to go Rifle Co with the build order that you wrote.
19 Jul 2015, 23:17 PM
Patrion 310

T3 is only good with elite troops otherwice wait for patch. Dont use the TA as a "normal tiger" but primary as a tank destroyer (with sight bulletin) that force USF to overinvest into AT guns and jacksons instead of shermans/infantry.
Depending on the map use the vet ability for vet2 PGs shreaks (on maps where there are alot of shot blockers for pak40), vet1 Stug G (for TWP) and/or vet2 sniper on open maps and late game vet3 flame pios for fast repair of TA.
With TA you have to be very aggressive (to kill AT guns and armor) or the manpower drain will cost you the game. Thats why with TA you need vet2 pios for fast repair, capping and placing mines.
Also mortar smoke to cover TA advance/reteat help save some munitions late game for mines/TWP/blitz. Smoke + attack ground with TA and flame pios to kill AT guns.
With TA TWP + smoke + blitz werh can "snipe" any armor USF have. Snipe one tank with blitz + TWP, retreat with smoke, fast repair with vet3 pios. Rince and repeat until they have no armor left.

Contrary to some popular USF belief, TA is not a "I win" button but is very situational and you have to get the timing right when to call in the TA and when / how to use the vet ability in early, mid or late game.
22 Jul 2015, 19:53 PM

hey,choose mech assualt (its stug +AT ) or choose Elite doc (vet sniper + fast panther ...then myth tiger ) remember mortar always usefull , Gl .
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★