Login

russian armor

How do you change a unit's target size or hitbox?

16 Jul 2015, 23:48 PM
Donator 11

With the discussion about a potential new change to sandbag walls today, I realized I have no idea how or even if you can change either of these things in the current modding tools, but if I can it would sure be nice to know how!
16 Jul 2015, 23:57 PM
Patrion 14

Yes, you can. You'll find the target size under ebps, look for the unit you want to change, then select "health_ext", there you're looking for "target_size" which is the 5th from the bottom.
17 Jul 2015, 00:11 AM
Honorary Member Badge

The target_size is only used in accuracy calculations. There is no way to alter the actual hitbox, in case that is what you were intending.
17 Jul 2015, 01:13 AM
Donator 11

What all does target_size affect? In that other thread I was reading someone was saying that lots of stuff ignores that value.
17 Jul 2015, 11:16 AM
Patrion 14

What all does target_size affect? In that other thread I was reading someone was saying that lots of stuff ignores that value.

Target size together with accuracy of the weapon targeting the unit decide how likely it is for the unit to get hit. Most infantry units have a target size of 1 or very close to it. So, for infantry the accuracy of the weapon aiming at the unit is the likelihood of getting hit as in hitting the entity exactly (aoe damage from projectiles that do aoe damage, are still misses).

The target size acts as a muliplier.

Example: The 57mm at gun has an accuracy of 0.055 at close range. So firing at a grenadier squad at close range, it has a chace of 5.5% to hit.

If it fires at a panzer 4, whose target size is 22, it has a chance to exactly hit the tank of 0.055x22=1.21=1, so it should always hit. Important to keep in mind is that misses against vehicles can still lead to a hit if the scattered projectile collides with the vehicle. The same is true for infantry or the projectile can land close enough to a entity that the aoe damage is enough to kill it.

I don't think there is anything else the target size influences. But if you want to be certain, you might want to ask Cruzzi.
17 Jul 2015, 12:54 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Correct, just accuracy.
17 Jul 2015, 20:48 PM
Donator 11

Interesting, thanks :)

This makes me wonder why Relic doesn't just increase the target size of the Conscript sandbags, instead of reducing the hitpoints to hardly anything. I'll do this in my personal mod at any rate.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★