Login

russian armor

Is the BAR essential?

12 Aug 2015, 07:47 AM

Bars are veryyyyy good on Pathfinders, on 2 pathfinders they can destroy an mg42 in seconds. They are also very potent vs ostheer sniper.

It seems by reading this thread that BARs are good on everyone :)

Makes me think of GLA shouts in C&C Generals "AK47 for everyone!"
12 Aug 2015, 10:39 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post15 Jul 2015, 20:09 PMLatch

Sort of off topic but speaking of AE squads, more specifically the Armour Company CMDR, would you recommend swapping out your tank crews for some RE squads so you can use the Thompson and actually get some use out of the otherwise useless 'perk'?

I don´t have the knowledge to answer this, but in my opinion, it is not a great idea for the following reasons:

1. RE at vet2 gets an extra man, while crews are always a four man squad, and having this 5th man can be a great advantage in the late game where squad bunching is a problem.

2. RE won´t start reapairing their vehicles just after decrewing the vehicle, while crews will do it (extra micro needed here).

maybe there are some advantages that I don´t see, and it is worth after all....
12 Aug 2015, 14:13 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Aug 2015, 10:39 AMFul4n0

I don´t have the knowledge to answer this, but in my opinion, it is not a great idea for the following reasons:

1. RE at vet2 gets an extra man, while crews are always a four man squad, and having this 5th man can be a great advantage in the late game where squad bunching is a problem.

2. RE won´t start reapairing their vehicles just after decrewing the vehicle, while crews will do it (extra micro needed here).

maybe there are some advantages that I don´t see, and it is worth after all....

The only reason I see it as a possible advantage is the fact its given as a doctrine perk, it must bring some use right? Or again, do I put too much faith in relic and it is simply supposed to be there to protect your vehicles with greater DPS when you decrew.
12 Aug 2015, 15:15 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Aug 2015, 14:13 PMLatch

The only reason I see it as a possible advantage is the fact its given as a doctrine perk, it must bring some use right? Or again, do I put too much faith in relic and it is simply supposed to be there to protect your vehicles with greater DPS when you decrew.

Too much faith

They are pretty worthless. I've heard people suggest using them as a ghetto drive-by where you circle behind an AT gun or whatever and hop out to kill the gun crew faster with the Tommies (especially if we're talking about a TD crew). But this is an unnecessary risk. Simply put they aren't worth it because:

1. The Muni is better spent on pretty much anything else (LMGs are king in COH2) not to mention mines, smoke, call-in Arty, P47 Strike, you name it.

2. Even vetted, vehicle crews are insanely squishy.

3. Vehicle Vet is tied to the crew's EXP (so your vehicle would lose all Vet unless you swap crew right away).

4. Mentioned above, REs don't auto-repair. Adds micro at a point in the game where USF player is likely already attention strapped.

If you really want SMGs best to just get Paratroopers or Assault Engis. At least then you get cooked grenades and/or Demo Charges (again, better use of Munis)
28 Aug 2015, 07:55 AM
Benefactor 340

It seems by reading this thread that BARs are good on everyone :)

Makes me think of GLA shouts in C&C Generals "AK47 for everyone!"

omg angry mob with ak47 ftw good luck stopping those especially when they build 4 or 5 unless the Chinese nuke them ^_^

Bars are supposed to be good on everyone i think as a player its a matter of balancing the resources if you get the upgrading you delay the next tier and will spend munitions to actually equip them they still dont stand up against grens lmg though and for good reason grens need that lmg i just wish the 1919 would be more useful to make it viable as a choice for airborne as well
28 Aug 2015, 23:33 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post14 Jul 2015, 12:50 PMBurts
Not really, the current meta is to spam as much shermans as possible because even with BARs riflemen quickly become a nonfactor againts LMG grens, especially because CAS gives the ostheer player so much munis.

Againts OKW it's a different story, they generlaly lack good anti infantry options, but theres really no reason to pick BARs over m1919s or flamer rifles, considering that BARs are worse than both.

With the new patch where USF teching is delayed by quite a bit we might see a bit more BARs and maybe zooks, but i doubt it.

Generally, if you go airborne, rifle company or infantry company do not research BARs.

If you go armor company, do research BARs. If you have a massive amount of munis, going BARs to equip your rifles if you are airborne company might be a good deal. Pathfinders with BARs are quite good, too.

Other two doctrines are complete trash so i dont consider them :snfPeter:

I would go BARs on Airborne solely for pathfinders.

They shred with BARs
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS