Login

russian armor

Countering Units

13 Jul 2015, 06:36 AM

Hello,

Is there a 'list' or 'document' or some other type of resource that can help someone learn unit counters or is it more or less common sense?

For example: I know that if there is a sniper then my best bet is to use a scout car (or the equivalent for all teams) to counter it. But lets say the enemy team is hunkered down with at guns and mgs; is the answer mortars? Is it snipers? is it a combination of both? Is it none of those and just flanking tactics? or is it all of the above?

While writing this I'm thinking that there are no particular hard counters but more of a fluid thought process of what your army lacks and what units combined will compliment each other the most but I'm just curious how you guys decide what units you need and in what situations?!

This stems from a 2v2 game I played where we tunnel visioned our builds (infantry --> tanks) and completely forgot AT guns.... Looking back now I wonder why we did that! It was the obvious reason why we lost! Muppet.
13 Jul 2015, 08:29 AM

I'd say it is pretty intuitive most of the time.

What units you want to make depends on the map and what you opponent is doing.

An enemy digging in on an open map can be dealt with easily with snipers, but if he digs in on a more close-quaters map it is better to add in some mortars. Rocket arty and howitzers do fine in the lategame.

An enemy using infantry-spam tactics on open maps is best dealt with by adding in a few HMGs. An enemy using infantry spam tactics on a close-quater map is better dealt with by going light om the HMGs getting more close-combat infantry like panzergrenadiers or shocktroops.

However, there are some pitfalls here.
For example, the OKW leIG doesn't do well in countering dug-in positions.
The maxim and DHSK don't counter blobbing, Allied AA units don't counter Close Air Support abilities etc.

1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★