Login

russian armor

USF Against HMG

12 Jul 2015, 04:51 AM

Can someone please tell me how to counter HMGs in buildings and bunkers in T1 as USF? Getting to T3/T2 is already a loss since you coulndt gain any ground in T1.
12 Jul 2015, 14:39 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Can someone please tell me how to counter HMGs in buildings and bunkers in T1 as USF? Getting to T3/T2 is already a loss since you coulndt gain any ground in T1.

Rush m20 then use it to gain enough map control to get fuel for smoke, then use both in tandem to push off anything.

If you go Rifle Co you should have vet 1 squads everywhere so keep them around your M20 so a 222 doesn't rekt it.
You should also have flamers with RIfle to further exaggerate the strength USF has in clearing MG from buildings.

Bunkers just force everything to retreat nearby, or wait till it's not supported and then pop out m20 crew behind it.

AAHT also basically solves everything, but don't lose it too early
You could do rifle company flamer spam into captain as well with like a pack howitzer.
So many options. You might as well post a replay.. I hate that It always comes to that but :foreveralone:
12 Jul 2015, 15:42 PM

So if there is an MG in house + MG outside should I just forget about that fuel/VP until T2?
12 Jul 2015, 16:25 PM

So if there is an MG in house + MG outside should I just forget about that fuel/VP until T2?

If there are 2 MGs so early, I belive they stand alone without support of Grens. If so, smoke them, nade the one on building once or twice (I assume you use 2-3 rifles agasint 2 MGs covering each other) and try to get behind outside MG with smoke. Once you smoke, enemy has 2 options. Keep them and expose to nades - move them back which means you can try to get behind.

It's helpful to attach single hotkey to each Rifle squad in such moment so you have easy access to each squad which means easier flanking.
13 Jul 2015, 02:41 AM

if enemy put 2 HMG at 1 vp or fuel, don't bother with it, he put 480mp or 420(if he use OKW) into 1 point means you had it spend on else where go cap more stuff which means you should able to win the map control easily at rest of map, each normal point give you 3fuel per min, also u can go around for the cut off make him holding fuel pointless, i also recommend hide your RE or a rifle at closest point in a dark corner, so if his outside HMG want to come out to cap something u can scare it to retreat. by the time it come back you should have m20 out already or AA truck not too far away.

15 Jul 2015, 15:16 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

I forgot to mention this initially OP but also Ass Engy flamers + smoke will take care of building MG's as well.
16 Jul 2015, 10:05 AM

Here is a short (7 min) demo of me beating a 3 MG start opponent, notice how I ignore the areas the MG is protecting and simply capture his cut off rendering his defense mute.

http://www.coh2.org/replay/36655/countering-mg-s
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS