Login

russian armor

again multiple m3

11 Jul 2015, 06:53 AM

hi :)

i m having porblem with 5 clow cars as ostheer.
I can easily defeat 1 of 2 but 5 were to much because i haven muny to pfaust then and destroy them all.

i know i should have go really fast to tier 2 and go scout car with upgrade but i havent got any fuel because he attacked my cut off (near it were 2 cars and caping everything , 3 i managed to kill)

I know mg was not good option agains it but he build first 2 cosnc so i havent seen tier 1 tracks so i pull mg 42 out because it is best ostheer unit (i think) but no agains this build of course.

In the end i manage to send there scout car but it was over duel 2 guards , he also mined all crutioal points.

EDIT: it was kholodny so he manage to wipe 1 grens and 1 pioneer with flamer clow car becuase they stuck in deep snow and i havent got muny for faust (every time i faust i destroyed 1 car, ) . Sorry i dont have replay because i havent saved it and played more game.

Any Thoughts ?

11 Jul 2015, 08:22 AM

Attaching replay is always a good idea :)
11 Jul 2015, 08:36 AM

But can we just tactically talk about it , because i really cant give you replay of this
11 Jul 2015, 11:00 AM

5 M3s? Sounds like Captain molo.

Captain molo is tricky to beat but his strat got significantly easier do deal with now that flamers won't insta-crit full health models. Whether you beat him or not depends on how well you manage to keep his scout car population under control. If he manages to save them up to 5, you are in for a bad time.

Here are some tips to help deal with it.
- Grenspam early on
- Keep grens in pairs of 2 early on so you can double faust his early scout cars to prevent the pest from groing.
- do not waste munitions on early LMGs or rifle grenades
- Early tellermine on a good spot works
- Try not to engange his scout cars on open fields, try to ambush or fight in spaces where he has to close in on your grens. If you have to fight in open spaces, use green cover. A gren pair in green cover will easily force off a scout car unless he closes in to use the flamer, in which case he is going to get 2x fausted
- Add in MG42 once the guard spam begins
11 Jul 2015, 21:30 PM

although pzfaust easily deal with them but in lack muny u should make more grenaders (about 5) move them close to each and use cover to fight,GL
11 Jul 2015, 23:47 PM

Osttruppens anyone?
12 Jul 2015, 07:51 AM

My main problem was not enought of muni, i coud easily faust whitch of them i want due his not best micro and then destroy m3 with firepower when fausted (close range pios , mg 42). But im having really big problem to dual with them duel lot of munition needed. And Because he cripled my map control with this i dont managed to get scout car in time and then just guard seal the deal (my grens dont have muny for lmg42 but his guard have prts + dp28)
12 Jul 2015, 17:21 PM

mmmm u are right,try ostwind hmm? or stug (mech assualt) intense micro
12 Jul 2015, 17:57 PM

Youre losing my point. It was very early so i was only able to get scout car not even tech to tier 2 or build oswind

In the end i tried stug e from mech assault it did some damage but it was close to t 34 /85 call in and also he mined everything and have 2 zis + 3 guards.

My question is how to deal with those pesky cars before i menage to get scout car without loosing too much map control (i know how to play agains guards when map is near 50 /50 but not when he got 80 % of map with his pesky cars and then mine everything)
14 Jul 2015, 12:30 PM

ive faced this strategy ,same trouble for me (its usual they control map in begining ) iguess made 4 or 5 grenaders and steady advanced +1 mg , made mine fields (not teller ! ) ...... then stug helped me so much after that i made about 3 AT... but was difficult game for me.
14 Jul 2015, 13:54 PM

One thing to keep in mind is to pick and choose when to Faust by either double Fausting to ensure the clown car dies or only single fausting when you're pretty sure you can finish the car off with small arms. This helps to preserve munitions to a degree.

Other than that don't spread out too much and don't wait too long to retreat if its a losing engagement (so he doesn't run you down). If you can hold enough territory to get a 222 out fast-ish the Autocannon makes short work of clown cars.

Only a sides note; I've always wondered why people call this strategy Captain Molo... I assume a player infamous for using clown cars this way?
15 Jul 2015, 11:05 AM

It's called the Captain Molo strat because this player, now known as "dfsCRO", has been doing this strat almost exclusively for 2000 to 4000 games or so.
15 Jul 2015, 11:26 AM
Donator 11

Aerohanks tips are very usefull but he forgot about one thing: never single faust molo SC, he WANTS you to do this as it wastes your munition. Faust only if it is double faust and you will be ok.

Btw molo strat will be significantly weaker next patch as it always relied on massed double 85 callin in the late game.
17 Jul 2015, 14:22 PM
Admin Red  Badge

5 M3s? Sounds like Captain molo.

Captain molo is tricky to beat but his strat got significantly easier do deal with now that flamers won't insta-crit full health models. Whether you beat him or not depends on how well you manage to keep his scout car population under control. If he manages to save them up to 5, you are in for a bad time.

Here are some tips to help deal with it.
- Grenspam early on
- Keep grens in pairs of 2 early on so you can double faust his early scout cars to prevent the pest from groing.
- do not waste munitions on early LMGs or rifle grenades
- Early tellermine on a good spot works
- Try not to engange his scout cars on open fields, try to ambush or fight in spaces where he has to close in on your grens. If you have to fight in open spaces, use green cover. A gren pair in green cover will easily force off a scout car unless he closes in to use the flamer, in which case he is going to get 2x fausted
- Add in MG42 once the guard spam begins

This. Plus it is recommendable to place one PaK40 behind your Grenadiers once you push forward.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★