Login

russian armor

Sups

8 Jul 2015, 08:32 AM

Hello. I'm new to CoH 2, but I have RTS experience: qualified for WCG US Finals in BW. I've also been in Grandmaster league, since forever, in SC 2 (was top 10 last season). Anyways, hacking is too rampant in SC 2 and Blizzard (game creator) is busy driving things off a cliff. Thus, need a new game. Here I am!

While I plan on playing casually and to simply enjoy being a noob, I'm curious if there are any tournaments for CoH 2, and what do you guys see the future of CoH 2 looking like? Nice to meet you, in advance. Thanks guys and girls!

8 Jul 2015, 08:48 AM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

Hello there Playa,

glad to see some competitive minded newcomers here. Even though the scene is more or less non-existant in COH2 (sadly). The majority of players stick to teamgames rather than playing 1v1.

The whole idea of this website was to promote the game as an esports title, and we had lots of great tourneys and events in the past, not much going on right now though. Sadly the developer itself does little to actually push competitive play.

Cheers
8 Jul 2015, 08:56 AM

Thanks for the reply. That's too bad. I'm usually only interested in 1 vs 1 :( Still, CoH 2 looks so much more interesting to me than SC 2. BW was great, but SC 2 is meh.

Maybe with the continual decline of Starcraft a game like this will see an opportunity and seize it. Or, games like LoL and Dota will just consume everything :(
8 Jul 2015, 09:08 AM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

I like the way you think. I'm an 1v1 player myself and I came from the WC3 TFT community and tried out SC2 and wasn't really happy with it. COH2 is way smaller, but the gameplay itself is more appealing to me. Some links I can recommend if you want to know more:

Coh2chart.com

steamcharts for coh2
8 Jul 2015, 09:14 AM

Thanks, again. I was actually looking at the steam chart for CoH 2, yesterday (stumbled upon it). I was reading about how CoH 2 is poorly optimized and that you need a pretty good setup to run it. Perhaps that's a big limiting factor.

I can barely stomach watching SC 2. Never have been able to. But a friend linked me to helpinghan's stream, the other day, and it was so much better. It's a shame CoH 2 isn't bigger.
8 Jul 2015, 10:01 AM
Strategist Badge
Patrion 39

You are welcome. Anyways, welcome to the scene :welcome:
8 Jul 2015, 10:06 AM

Welcome to the community! :)

Coh2 is a really fun game, one major difference you may notice is that this game includes alot of RNG. Unlike starcraft where everything is fixed values and you know what your force is capable of. Sometimes your units in Coh2 will surprise you, and sometimes they will disappoint you. But adds to the fun if you can get over the initial rage of the moment when a random mortar shell lands on your expensive snipers head. :P
8 Jul 2015, 10:07 AM

Not sure but I saw you on avilo stream :D You played as protoss, didn't you? Also welcome, I played sc2 much (and came from it here), most time in wol as terran (top diax). Don't worry, 1v1 is still viable here :P
8 Jul 2015, 10:22 AM
Donator 11

Welcome! Enjoy the game :)

If you need some help: http://www.coh2.org/news/36179/mentoring-program-2015
8 Jul 2015, 10:45 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jul 2015, 10:07 AMFrost
Not sure but I saw you on avilo stream :D You played as protoss, didn't you? Also welcome, I played sc2 much (and came from it here), most time in wol as terran (top diax). Don't worry, 1v1 is still viable here :P

Yes :) Good to hear 1 vs 1 is still viable. I used to play Terran (SC 1). I miss making tanks!

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jul 2015, 10:06 AMCorsin
Welcome to the community! :)

Coh2 is a really fun game, one major difference you may notice is that this game includes alot of RNG. Unlike starcraft where everything is fixed values and you know what your force is capable of. Sometimes your units in Coh2 will surprise you, and sometimes they will disappoint you. But adds to the fun if you can get over the initial rage of the moment when a random mortar shell lands on your expensive snipers head. :P

In SC 1, they had a luck element, where when attacking units that were on high ground, comparatively, you would have a 25% chance of missing. Unless luck is, seemingly, deciding more games than skill, then I probably won't care much. I was never even bothered by the aforementioned luck element in SC 1. As long at it makes sense... it's fine.
8 Jul 2015, 10:53 AM
Donator 11

Welcome to the site :welcome:

There has been some nice tournaments in the past months, most of them (or maybe all of them :P) hosted by Romeo. Not saying that price pols and so forth are big as in Dota or LoL, but stil nice. Most of the best players sign in and a lot of games are casted. It's stil casual though, not real esport.

Back in the day there was Sunday Night Fights, hosted by Ami and a bunch of other guys (the ones that run this very site), but it seems to be dead long ago. Hope they surprise us with a good tourney soon.
8 Jul 2015, 11:40 AM
Strategist Badge
Donator 11

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jul 2015, 09:14 AMPlaya
Thanks, again. I was actually looking at the steam chart for CoH 2, yesterday (stumbled upon it). I was reading about how CoH 2 is poorly optimized and that you need a pretty good setup to run it. Perhaps that's a big limiting factor.

I can barely stomach watching SC 2. Never have been able to. But a friend linked me to helpinghan's stream, the other day, and it was so much better. It's a shame CoH 2 isn't bigger.

Thanks for checking out the stream Playa, your more than welcome here :D. I'm also hoping that Relic will soon get things moving. They've been talking about esports a long while now and this game is absolutely great to watch. I've also been trying my best to get noticed by some esport team out there but sadly no one really knows about CoH2 and therefore they don't care. It's a shame because Sega did a terrible job and marketing it and still does to this day. CoH2 definitely has the potential to big the next big RTS it just needs that break it so desperately needs.

As for RNG the last patch improved quite a bit on that front. There's still a way to go but it's getting there.
12 Jul 2015, 18:37 PM

Thanks for checking out the stream Playa, your more than welcome here :D. I'm also hoping that Relic will soon get things moving. They've been talking about esports a long while now and this game is absolutely great to watch. I've also been trying my best to get noticed by some esport team out there but sadly no one really knows about CoH2 and therefore they don't care. It's a shame because Sega did a terrible job and marketing it and still does to this day. CoH2 definitely has the potential to big the next big RTS it just needs that break it so desperately needs.

As for RNG the last patch improved quite a bit on that front. There's still a way to go but it's getting there.

Heys! Sorry for not checking back, after my last reply. Been busy playing :) Your stream is great. Keep it up! I've been having a lot of fun playing. And, to me, it's infinitely more interesting than SC 2. So, yeah, I agree with the potential. If any RTS game has it, it should be this game. LotV, IMO, will be the biggest failure known to Blizzard. They can't even get anyone to play the beta. It's horribly imbalanced. Nothing good.

I've never really been a team person, myself. In SC 2, you're always matched vs people your level; however, in CoH 2, due to the player base here, I take it you might play a wider array of players, skillwise.

In SC 2, if you join a team, then you're (1) going to get scammed and (2) end up on a team with hackers. I wouldn't worry too much about teams. There's very few teams out there that are worth it. But yeah, it would be great if one of those few teams would venture to CoH 2 to pick up at least 1 player, such as yourself :)

I think what's going on in Dota 2 with the compendium is a "must" for any game that's really trying to rise, a meaningful amount, in popularity. Stuff like that incentivizes players to compete and draws in more and more players. Exponential growth.

As for my experience in CoH 2, I'm playing as the Soviets. I'm trying to abuse mines and demo charges, to the max, and just make a lot of anti tank guns, along with mortars. Trying to only use call downs, not really teching. I've had horrible experience with Tanks...

I'll have like 2 tanks and an anti tank gun near by, and 1 tank will come in and always kill at least 1 of my tanks and flee before I can kill it. I don't understand what's going on, whether I'm attacking at bad angles or their tanks are just that much better than the best that I can tech to... so I'm only using call down tanks, and focusing more on shutting down their ability to own with tanks.
13 Jul 2015, 13:04 PM

there's another rts game that deserve to be revived, its really a masterpeice:
The Battle For Middle-Earth 2 The Rise Of The Witch-King (Rotwk)but unfortunaly ea lost its license to warner bros like 5-6 years ago. now warner used this lisence and produced shadow of mordor but its an rpg game :(. Rotwk is still played on gameranger a 3rd party network but without decent activity and automatch

rotwk is always my nb 1 rts game but due its low activity i switched to coh2 which is defently one of the best rts out there. i played like 70 hours, im newbie but with full potential for rts games. u can add me on steam if u want to play couple of 2v2 automatch together: DreadReapr. i myself prefer 1v1 over team games but the thing about this game its not that diffrent imo
13 Jul 2015, 13:14 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post12 Jul 2015, 18:37 PMPlaya

As for my experience in CoH 2, I'm playing as the Soviets. I'm trying to abuse mines and demo charges, to the max, and just make a lot of anti tank guns, along with mortars. Trying to only use call downs, not really teching. I've had horrible experience with Tanks...

I'll have like 2 tanks and an anti tank gun near by, and 1 tank will come in and always kill at least 1 of my tanks and flee before I can kill it. I don't understand what's going on, whether I'm attacking at bad angles or their tanks are just that much better than the best that I can tech to... so I'm only using call down tanks, and focusing more on shutting down their ability to own with tanks.

i heard many coh2 players complaining about op axis tanks its a bit true imo, anyway i started playing us forces lately and focus on munition and early game aggression and spam cheap at guns + bazooka b4 enemey gets higher tier tanks, and maybe order couple of commander tank destoryer later or build sherman medium tank, its working pretty well for me for now :D.

the only problem early game vs germans is mg spam, im still struggling against this but eventually surviving and advancing later with flanking using LT and riftlemen upgraded with bar
i tried utility car but lost it many times to grenadier's anti tank ability.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

United States 2

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight