Login

russian armor

Soviet Average mortar...

8 Jul 2015, 00:57 AM

Did they ninja buff it?

Since the removal of precision strike this unit seems to be making some crazy accurate shots...

also its barrage radius is ALOT smaller than the Wehrmacht average mortar's radius (meaning its barrage is nearly twice as accurate).

Didnt see any of that in the patch notes...
8 Jul 2015, 01:01 AM

Didn't know the OKW had a mortar.
8 Jul 2015, 01:03 AM

Didn't know the OKW had a mortar.

its been a long day, 14 hr shift and 4 hours of gaming. lol
8 Jul 2015, 01:28 AM

I got you. The fact that you can't use precision strike anymore lends itself to noticing the barrage more. It's probably s placebo.
8 Jul 2015, 01:36 AM

The Soviet mortar is in fact quite accurate, that's supposed to be it's "gimmick".
8 Jul 2015, 01:52 AM
Patrion 14

The Soviet mortar is in fact quite accurate, that's supposed to be it's "gimmick".

The difference between the Soviet 82mm and the German 81mm:

Sov:
Scatter Angle: 8
Distance Ratio: .1
Reload (Max & Min): 7.5 seconds

Ost:
Scatter Angle: 10
Distance Ratio: .08
Reload (Max & Min): 2.4 seconds

The Soviet mortar is slightly more accurate (about 20% more accurate) while the German mortar fires over 300% faster. So yes, while technically the Soviet mortar is more accurate, the German mortar in indubitably more powerful, as 3x shells fired on target in the same amount of time will have a much larger impact than a single, slightly better aimed shell.
8 Jul 2015, 02:04 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

Sov:

Ost:

The Soviet mortar is slightly more accurate (about 20% more accurate) while the German mortar fires over 300% faster. So yes, while technically the Soviet mortar is more accurate, the German mortar in indubitably more powerful, as 3x shells fired on target in the same amount of time will have a much larger impact than a single, slightly better aimed shell.

What do you mean distance ratio?

But I am sure the angle and distance max differences for the barrages are a huge difference. I don't think I've ever seen the GrW's barrage hit what I've aimed it at more than once, while I expect the 82 to more or less work as intended as long as the target stays still.
8 Jul 2015, 02:08 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post8 Jul 2015, 02:04 AMVuther

What do you mean distance ratio?

I believe its a multiplier based on distance (not 100% sure). Someone more talented can answer I'm sure :)

The Ostheer mortar has always hit what I was shooting at, I much prefer it to the 82mm. For comparison, the Ostheer mortar is slightly more accurate than the 120mm.

120:
Reload (Max & Min): 8.9
8 Jul 2015, 02:16 AM

Sov:

Ost:

I never said it was better, I said accuracy is what it's gimmick was. Relic's (interesting) reasoning for this is that the Ost mortar is supposed to be used to support a defensive line and the Soviet one is meant for assaulting a defensive one.

That said; the Soviet mortar really does need a ROF buff.
8 Jul 2015, 02:18 AM

SOviet mortar is not that great. At least the precision strike made it okay. German mortar is way better. Fires extremely fast; the rng is bound to get you some kills.
8 Jul 2015, 02:23 AM
Patrion 14

I never said it was better, I said accuracy is what it's gimmick was. Relic's (interesting) reasoning for this is that the Ost mortar is supposed to be used to support a defensive line and the Soviet one is meant for assaulting a defensive one.

That said; the Soviet mortar really does need a ROF buff.

I'd rather see the German mortar get nerfed in line with the Soviet mortar, or (I'd rather see) the Ostheer mortar increased to 280 mp. That way it can retain its bonuses over the stock Soviet mortar and also have a reason for performing so well.

I think the SOviet mortar is pretty OK for price, so I'd rather see it stay the same.
8 Jul 2015, 02:26 AM
Patrion 27

Didn't Cruzz tell us about a ninja buff to the PM-41 mortar in the patch before the last one?

I'd rather see the German mortar get nerfed in line with the Soviet mortar, or (I'd rather see) the Ostheer mortar increased to 280 mp. That way it can retain its bonuses over the stock Soviet mortar and also have a reason for performing so well.

I think the SOviet mortar is pretty OK for price, so I'd rather see it stay the same.

The German mortar is more than fragile enough to get rid of if it's annoying you to much (and at max range even firing full speed it won't hit much), increasing it's price will just make Ostheer in 1's and 2's even more of a bitch to play early game were your strapped for MP.

The Soviet mortar doesn't need a HUGE buff, it just needs a reload of 5 seconds.
Patrion 14

Very odd double post. Ignore.

8 Jul 2015, 02:29 AM

Considering they have the best sniper and HMG, I wouldn't mind an Ostheer mortar Nerf.
8 Jul 2015, 02:30 AM

I believe its a multiplier based on distance (not 100% sure). Someone more talented can answer I'm sure :)

The Ostheer mortar has always hit what I was shooting at, I much prefer it to the 82mm. For comparison, the Ostheer mortar is slightly more accurate than the 120mm.

120:
Reload (Max & Min): 8.9

The barrage on the 120 is pretty fast and accurate, but that's the 120's barrage's feature.

Name:
HM_38 120mm Mortar Barrage
File name:
hm_38_120mm_mortar_barrage_mp.xml
Nation:
soviet
Potential dps:
Penetration:
35.0/35.0/35.0
Scatter angle:
Scatter distance:
AoE radius:
AoE far:
AoE mid:
AoE near:

Considering they have the best sniper and HMG, I wouldn't mind an Ostheer mortar Nerf.

I would rather see Allies be given more and better options than taking all of Ostheers toys away. And you need to remember that your not going to be making a Sniper, MG42 and Ostheer mortar in rapid succession due to MP costs.
8 Jul 2015, 02:39 AM

I guess I am biased because I dislike mortars in general. I also thinking buffing Allied mortars to the 81's level would make it really frustrating to be ze Germans just because of generally smaller squad sizes and a tendency to remain static.

And I by no means want their mortar "taken away"- just reduced in effectiveness.
8 Jul 2015, 02:55 AM
Patrion 14

The German mortar is more than fragile enough to get rid of if it's annoying you to much (and at max range even firing full speed it won't hit much), increasing it's price will just make Ostheer in 1's and 2's even more of a bitch to play early game were your strapped for MP.

The Soviet mortar doesn't need a HUGE buff, it just needs a reload of 5 seconds.

I've said it before and I'll say it again. A factions advantages or disadvantages are no reason for a unit to be more cost effective per cost. The Granatenwerfer is absolutely a great unit at all ranges, it always does what I need it to do, at all ranges, and is overperforming for cost when compared to the 120mm and the 82mm. A 20-40 mp cost increase on the MG42 and the Granatenwerfer will let them keep their current effectiveness, while not requiring a buff to the Soviet mortar/ Maxim, both of which are performing per cost (except maybe the maxim). 40 MP isn't that big of a deal, and it will make the MG42/ mortar a more meaningful choice and also a more fairly performing per cost one.

Also, the mortar is not meant to be usued in combat, so if it is being shot at you are doing it wrong. The USF .50 gets no special consideration despite being 4 men, and Ostheer support team shouldn't either.
8 Jul 2015, 03:46 AM

I can see that, the increase of MP for certain Wehrmacht units. After all, they are meant to represent a better trained and equipped army so increasing MP for their performance would work and make sense compared to the cheaper Allied counterparts. No balance changes and be acceptable due to the increase cost.
8 Jul 2015, 03:54 AM

nerf the fire speed of Osteer mortar to 200% will be good enough 300% is way too fast.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★