Login

russian armor

Questions

7 Jul 2015, 15:33 PM

Hello All,

First of all I would like to introduce myself. I have been mapping since worldbuilder first came out in vanilla CoH for myself and my buddies to have fresh new maps to play for Blitzkreig mod. If it wasn't for OnkelSam, MonolithicBacon, Janne and all the others that contribute to the badass tutorials I wouldn't be at the level of mapping I am at now. Thanks for your support helping in the community of mapping!

Link to my first map I have done, after I finish this new one I will be going in and updating my old map. Made it for Coh (Blitzkreig)I know it really needs work but plays well for a Comp Stomp.
Chronic River
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=203358377

Now for the questions, I have been designing a map for about 6 months now and starting to really get this map polished for it to be published. I have currently have a very dynamic day/night/weather cycle in my map and I am trying to get the lights to turn on during dusk/night/dawn then turn off during the day. I can get it to work with Action markers but then I have to add an action marker to every street light. So I am wondering is there a way to imbed the action marker to an object so I can just move the one object(ie. streetlight)? Or is there a scar script that will turn lights on/off based on the time of day? If there is a scar script that would be the easiest as my lights turn on at night and off at dawn.

Thanks in advance (Sorry for the wall of text)
Dankbuds
14 Jul 2015, 23:24 PM

I just stamped some lights off an official coh2 map that was already working as I wanted them to for my day/night cycle. Still wondering how relic baked those action markers into an object as u have a lot of control with action markers on what you want them to do.

Thanks,
Dankbuds
14 Jul 2015, 23:58 PM
15 Jul 2015, 00:16 AM

That tip of the week only tells u how to turn them on. Not control certain actions like to have them come on during dawn/dusk. They turn on fine for night and go off during day. But if you use action markers you have a lot more control how to use them and when they come on. There has to be a way to bake those action markers into object like a streetlight like the lights I have stamped out of a official relic map. Plus if you stamp out lights from relic's maps they do not need a scar code to animate or have to be in a eg_group to work correctly. Originally those lamps were created by an action marker. Hence why you don't need a scar animate code to make them work.

Thanks
Dankbuds
29 Jul 2015, 00:59 AM

No luck on the action markers?? oh well.

Another question. Anyone know where to find the object called "flood light" and what category its in? Been looking for it for a minute to no avail.

Thanks in advance,
Dankbuds
29 Jul 2015, 01:17 AM

There are some floodlights located in the following directory: ebps, art_ambient, objects, single_player, coh2, mission_7.

Hope those are the ones you are on the hunt for :)
29 Jul 2015, 01:24 AM

Thanks for the location..... I stamped it out of out of a another players map and always wondered where the hell they were located. I will check them out. Thanks for the help bro!!

Dankbuds

Edit: Hell ya! That was the one I was after. Now to make it light up! You Rock!
29 Jul 2015, 01:42 AM

That is great! I'm just glad I could point you in the right direction ^_^ Looking forward to seeing your map on the workshop. Me and my friend will try it for sure :)
29 Jul 2015, 02:11 AM

I will be publishing it this week sometime. Doing more splats as we speak lol. Been testing it all weekend with my buddies. Cant wait, plays awesome! 3.5 hours of fully dynamic weather. I will post a link to the workshop page when its done. Thanks again for your help!!
29 Jul 2015, 03:06 AM

Looking forward to it :thumbsup: I would say 3.5 hours of fully dynamic weather is a bit overboard, but I once played a match that lasted 4 hours (for me atleast, that is long!) So I guess it isn't :lol:
29 Jul 2015, 15:45 PM

Pushed hard to complete my map late last night. Taking a couple days off from mapping just to start a new map I have in my head. Hope you guys enjoy it. Been studying the mapping discussion threads and have learned a lot. Thanks to all that contribute to these threads.

Here is a link to the map sharing thread it is in.
http://www.coh2.org/topic/37514/8p-chronic-valley

Thanks Again,
Dankbuds
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment