Login

russian armor

Some help for newbies with the red army

7 Jul 2015, 05:01 AM

Lately I've been trying to play in matchmaking to learn, but sometimes the brutality with which I find myself playing against experienced players who use OKW Whermacht and leaves me more than frustration. Try playing with friends who are in my same conditions or random people but the results were always the same. exept two games which fortunately could win.

With this post I would like to invite other more experienced players in the Red Army to which they can give their knowledge to some experienced players, and they can also ask for help here.

PS: My native language is Spanish, but I can communicate in English, and know the basics of Russian

Sorry if I committed any error by making the post. I do not want frustrated and stop playing it because it is really a great game.
7 Jul 2015, 05:52 AM
Honorary Member Badge

What game mode are you playing?

Is there anything in specific that gives you problems?

What sort of advice do you feel you need?

Tactics (movement, positioning)

Stategic (Build Order, Commanders)
7 Jul 2015, 05:59 AM

What game mode are you playing?

Is there anything in specific that gives you problems?

What sort of advice do you feel you need?

Tactics (movement, positioning)

Stategic (Build Order, Commanders)

I played 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4.

I think need improve in all. I read many of the tips but I think that something would help me is to play with someone and mark me the errors.

I know it's boring and exhausting but if someone loves teaching that would be great.
7 Jul 2015, 12:09 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Ok

Do you know how to post a replay?
7 Jul 2015, 20:13 PM

Ok

Do you know how to post a replay?

No, i dont know how to do it
8 Jul 2015, 15:51 PM
Honorary Member Badge

Ok:

In the site banner there above this post you should see:

NEWS FORUMS LIVESTREAMS LADDERS MODS REPLAYS GUIDES

If you mouseover replays you should see the option to UPLOAD

The file to upload can normally be found in:

Documents/My Games/Company of Heroes 2/Playback

By default only the most recent game is there

So if there is a game you want reviewed, but want to keep playing before uploading it, remember to save the replay in COH2 as a separate name (this option is I recall available at the summary screen at the end of the game)

Once you have uploaded it:

You can link it here

Or in replay reviews as below

http://www.coh2.org/topic/34356/welcome-to-the-replay-reviews

30 Jul 2015, 13:48 PM

Hi van Voort, thanks for replying, I'm one of Nikolai's friends and can point out several things he feels unconfortable with:
1- If OKW+Ost are defending their vps with mortars, Paks/Raketenwerfers, hmgs, bunkers and some tanks, he won't come up with a plan, but make a blob of a unit and try to punch through their defenses (with the support of Katys, B4s, mortars, or whatever).
2- If he has lost several squads, he'll go for artillery.
3- Even though he plays nicely with tanks (KV-1s, specifically), he finds it difficult to take down enemy tanks, specially OKW Panzer4 and Panther5 due to their (insane?) reverse speed.

Lately I'm trying to help his squads rushing a M5 quad so he can reinforce his troops and suppress enemy hmgs or just wipe an pioneer squad, though there must be other ways for him to "support" his own troops (a sniper, for instance?).
Thanks in advance :)

pd. I'll leave a replay here, in which I think he didn't play at his finest.
http://www.coh2.org/replay/37614/no-mercy-for-stuka-whores
2 Aug 2015, 17:31 PM
Donator 11

Hello there! I'll gladly take a look at the replay tonight and follow up with what I think about Nikolai's playstyle. I'm no pro myself but I think my input could be helpful.

Edit 1: Alright, I can't see the replay. Must be different versions?
1 Sep 2015, 14:54 PM

I played 2v2, 3v3 and 4v4.

I think need improve in all. I read many of the tips but I think that something would help me is to play with someone and mark me the errors.

I know it's boring and exhausting but if someone loves teaching that would be great.

I have been playing a few years now and I recently got a friend to start playing COH2 with me and I have been helping him learn by playing with him 1v1 and giving him different situations to practice against (e.g. I will have him put an MG in a building and show him how to attack it from multiple angles or use smoke). I like to help people get into this game as it is my favorite RTS of all time so if you want I can post my steam name and you can add me.
19 Sep 2015, 23:02 PM

Hola Nikolai. Así como tu me he encontrado en problemas para enfrentar a los alemanes, sobre todo con sus tanques mucho muy superiores a los míos (soviéticos) soy nivel 68, pero poco a poco he empezado a ganar varias partidas. Tal vez algún día podamos jugar y usar el Team Speak y así más fácil nos podemos comunicar. Agrégame al Steam. Saludos.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★