Login

russian armor

Is there hack/ tools in Multiplayer in current state ?

7 Jul 2015, 04:37 AM

Hello guys, I just want to ask 1 question: Is there any kind of map-hack/ tools in this game at the moment?

I want to know because last game we played against some guys and seems like they always knew our location, whenever we moved up or go down, they could arty every place.

If they are that good to read out mind, sure it was a pleasure against such good players. But It's too much even for a good players to know the position too well like that so I'm a bit doubt.

I haven't play COH2 for a while until the new patch so I maybe a bit rusty but at sometimes I was 2vs2 top 10 too so I kinda know the map and stuff. +

All I ask for is your opinion: I'm not CRYING that they are hackers or anything but I'm just surprised at how good they can read the map and move their troops/ drop arty.

http://www.coh2.org/replay/36375/2vs2-not-sure-if-really-good-or-maphack
7 Jul 2015, 06:05 AM

I was saying this since one year at least and all that I got untill now from forumites and some "coders" adound here is that it's very very extra super hard / impossible to cheat at COH2 and that I should L2P or such. I'm glad that this happened to better players than me, maybe someone will listen to them.

YES, Kyle, I had this type of feeling quite a few times untill now but I was to disgusted to eve report to Relic. (Psst... tey don't care anyway).

I noticed also other thing: one-two weeks after a new patch is deployed the game is cleaner than ever and no such things happen. After 2 weeks here and there you can find such "ultrainspired" guys.

The truth is that COH2 contains a little more protection against cheats in comparison with COH1 where almost 50% of players cheated but it's certainly not cheatproof.

I 100% agree that no matter how good a player is, he can't play without making ONE, little, tiny mistake.
7 Jul 2015, 07:21 AM

probably you playd against Professor Xavier
7 Jul 2015, 07:25 AM
Patrion 15

There seems to be some working hack software for coh2 and it surprises me that it does not get more attention on this board.

Out of the last 200 games i played i had 3 games where i could say with 99% certenty that my opponent used a map hack.

the most obvious one: in a 1v1 my opponent used the mortar precision strike repeatedly on my mg positions in the fog of war wich after checking the replay he could not possibly have known. a google search tuned up this players name not only on the relic forum where he was accused of cheating but also on the board of a site where you could download a map hack.

Now 3 out of 200 is not that bad and at least 2 of these games where really good and intense ones, but the problem is those three where just the obvious ones with players that cared as little as possible about beeing cought.

I now catch myself to get suspicious over many games where my opponent predicts my moves and I tend to jump to the conlusion that i was cheated while he may just had a good game sense or got lucky.

Some time ago relic caught some chaeters and reset theire game stats. i hope they are able to do that again soon.
7 Jul 2015, 07:42 AM

7 Jul 2015, 15:03 PM
Coder Red Badge

There are always going to be maphacks in games with a lot of client-side processing, which means every single RTS in existence. Still, in my experience it's very rare to come across them; in multiple thousands of hours of playing CoH1 I can't remember a single game where I was 100% convinced that my opponent was maphacking.

Synchacking is also possible in CoH2, though may be harder depending on how the battle servers track commands. Drophacking in the traditional sense of pulling the plug, however, is essentially impossible in CoH2 thanks to battle servers.
7 Jul 2015, 15:15 PM

Yes there is map hack for coh2.
It is a paid hack.
It is currently undetectable.
No I do not use it.
7 Jul 2015, 15:20 PM
Coder Red Badge

It's really impossible to know if it's undetectable honestly, it's not like you're going to use it in one game and then get instantly banned. Cheat bans happen in delayed waves in order to make it harder for cheat coders to figure out how they were detected.
7 Jul 2015, 15:23 PM

you meant this one? That is obviously a real hack Kappa (Gdot)

http://gyazo.com/a2970226f0ae1e16b684fad3fd93f255
7 Jul 2015, 15:30 PM

you meant this one? That is obviously a real hack Kappa (Gdot)

http://gyazo.com/a2970226f0ae1e16b684fad3fd93f255

Haha no. I will ask him where he got it. I know he said he used a free one and got banned - proceeded to buy another account and is using a paid hack now. Inverse knows more about this then I, so its possible he could get caught/banned.

This is the type of scum we are up against though. I could rat him out, but one hes terrible at the game, two, it ultimately will not solve anything as these gulag scums just buy another account.

Hopefully relic will do something proactive to combat this.
7 Jul 2015, 15:33 PM
7 Jul 2015, 17:36 PM
Patrion 14

There was a time when there was a maphack. People got WINRESET for that.
LMAO

SHAME SHAME SHAME SHAME SHAME SHAME SHAME

http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/viewBoard/11/steamid/76561198014919053
http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561197961206676
http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561197993430577

http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561198028452919

http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/steamid/76561198047623360

i think i played against them, all of them at some point before the rest. never guessed they were hacking though.
7 Jul 2015, 18:10 PM

Holy shit.

I just sat down and watch the whole replay from the point of view and it was... wow: either they are X-man or they are super saya.

At 33 mins, we move our tanks ( T34/85mm + Su85 + ISU ) to upper and wow, they ALSO moved all of their tank up there.

At 38,44 and 46 mins they even fire stuka like they know where are gonna come there or at our stationary repair unit.

I don't know, I smell bullshit from this :D. Anyone care to watch from 33 mins => 46 mins ?

Those 2 players are:

- KinderpartySmackdown

- Holocoaster

http://www.coh2.org/ladders/playercard/viewBoard/2/steamid/76561198002817574
7 Jul 2015, 18:47 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I'm only 99% sure of a duo using maphacks cause they didn't bother on hiding it anymore (blowing mines and demos on weird positions just for them to confirm it). We face them a couple of times, they weren't good but they had some "good" predictions. After asking here, another top couple had similar issues with them. Anyway i suggest just giving the replay and not name and shaming here since it will make any further discussion be met with a lock thread.

The problem is, if you pay attention, you can really know what's happening through the FoW. Sounds and things breaking up reveals the position of all vehicles. I can expect this from a top100 who has good micro, but not from someone who has problems microing infantry on the first 5 mins of the game.

Theres also other issues as there are some bugs on the game. Dead bodies (not crawling) or invisble entities which remain on map giving vision (till more bodies die and replace them) or bugs with certain abilities or units with the tactical map (IR HT).
7 Jul 2015, 18:58 PM

a google search tuned up this players name not only on the relic forum where he was accused of cheating but also on the board of a site where you could download a map hack.

I just want it to be known that I am with almost complete certainty that the cheating site put up fake reviews with the names from top players in order to entice more sales. Just think about it as well - why would those players use their real alias on a cheating site? It wouldn't make sense at all.

It's all about money and the cheating site will draw in unsuspecting victims, making them think if they pay for the "hack" that they too can become a top player.
7 Jul 2015, 19:04 PM

Kindergarten crydown and co?

Wouldn't be the first time people suspected them.

Good thing that they still suck :clap:

7 Jul 2015, 19:28 PM
Patrion 15

I just want it to be known that I am with almost complete certainty that the cheating site put up fake reviews with the names from top players in order to entice more sales. Just think about it as well - why would those players use their real alias on a cheating site? It wouldn't make sense at all.

It's all about money and the cheating site will draw in unsuspecting victims, making them think if they pay for the "hack" that they too can become a top player.

might be true - althought is was not top player but a player that i -a medicre player - have beaten although he almoust cetainly was cheating - anyway might have been promotion or some other guy who posted under the steam name of the suspicious player.

as i have written i am 99% sure not a 100%
7 Jul 2015, 21:23 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jul 2015, 18:10 PMKyle
Holy shit.

I just sat down and watch the whole replay from the point of view and it was... wow: either they are X-man or they are super saya.

At 33 mins, we move our tanks ( T34/85mm + Su85 + ISU ) to upper and wow, they ALSO moved all of their tank up there.

At 38,44 and 46 mins they even fire stuka like they know where are gonna come there or at our stationary repair unit.

I don't know, I smell bullshit from this :D. Anyone care to watch from 33 mins => 46 mins ?

this is what it felt like to be a german at Kursk MVGame
7 Jul 2015, 22:17 PM

I'll try to keep this short but sweet, some things will be simplified for easier comprehension:

Let's assume a 1v1 situation for ease of explanation, everything scales with number of players.

In an RTS each computer performs every calculation client-side. Then each computer exchanges all information, decides whether or not they're in agreement and then move on. Since the implementation of battle servers I assume each game is also simulated on the battle server with that being the anchor of trust between each client.

If either client has reason to think the other client is no longer trustworthy, a sync error will happen. Let's pretend you and I are playing 1v1. Imagine I spawned a KT at the start of the game, we'd get a sync error because your computer realizes there's no precedent on its end for me having said KT, therefore we sync out.

Now on to map hacking. The easiest but most detectable method would be some 3rd party program that injects itself into the game and turns off the fog of war for you. Your computer always knows the location of every enemy unit, they're just covered by the fog. This should be easily detectable by parsing through the replay.

The bad news... it is also possible (I don't know if this exists for coh2) to map hack without directly interacting with the game client itself. Theoretically you can have a program read the memory associated with the current CoH 2 game simulation and then extrapolate that data into some 3rd party/custom GUI. This could then be displayed on a second monitor for example. I'm not convinced that something of this magnitude is widely available for CoH 2. A tool such as this would not be trivial to create, and there's no money in hacking CoH 2. If something like this exists it's likely a custom hobbyist style job. But maybe it is available out there for money, who knows.

The bad news about the second method is that it would not be detectable via screenshotter, streaming, and probably not in the replay since it doesn't alter the game simulation in any manner. Blizzard has had problems with similar client-side only attacks like this in the past and is constantly combating them in SC 2. Luckily Blizzard has Warden which is able to audit code as it is being run on your machine as well as peer into what you're running in memory/on your computer while you're playing a Blizzard game. If I didn't trust Blizzard I'd be worried because the level of access they have via Warden is quite high. Warden is extremely powerful and still has trouble properly detecting some hacks.

Unfortunately Relic, as far as I know, does not have anything even remotely similar to this.

TL DR - Yes it is extremely possible that a map hack exists, it is also possible that it would be extraordinarily difficult/nearly impossible to detect with the tools that Relic currently has.
8 Jul 2015, 04:14 AM

I haven send email to Relic about this case and I will wait for their reply.

Like I said, I'm not 100% sure if they are hacking or not. If not then yes, It was a pleasure against such good players like them. if yes they did hack then it was a shame.

P/S: To be honest I'm kinda used to hackers after playing CS:GO.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★