Login

russian armor

Ostheer Sniper Op, When NERF ?

7 Jul 2015, 09:18 AM

Katitof

Oh your completely correct. the ost sniper at the moment is better then the soviet sniper. But still the situation is balances because the allied factions have better much LV's at their disposal then the axis and thus much easier time dealing with the ost sniper.

You still see dual or even triple snipers teams in 2vs2 or 3v3 games because the soviet player knows it is a risk free investment. The ost player cannot say the same. the ost sniper needs support from grens to shield it from any m3 or m20. any screw up and you will lose your very expensive 360 mp investment.

7 Jul 2015, 09:19 AM

If he gets sniper super early that means there are grens or MG squad less. IF u kill sniper early its GG for him.

Reduce that 2HP and its good.

Let's give Wehrmacht choice to have Tiger I from start, but block ability to build other units.
That means there are no grens of MG squads. IF u kill Tiger early its GG for him.

Sounds dumb? Agreed. But that how you sounded.
Bad player decisions (get sniper early without good coverage of other units) are not justification for units having overpowered stats. It's not like sniper is useless even when you already got 2 grens and 2 MG42 out. Especially against Soviet players who try to stall for call-ins.

You see... if Wehrmacht sniper lose 60 HP and successfully retreated to the base, Wehrmacht player lost nothing except field presence.

If Soviet Sniper team lose 60 HP, probably one model will die which result in 90 MP loss.

If both sniper units get hit by 100 DMG AoE - both die.

So, Wehrmacht have 4 model squads, but high long range DPS, so Soviet sniper team have low firepower and high survivability (2 models, 40+40 = 80 HP total, lose 40 HP = 90MP reinforce)

Soviets have 6 model squads, but low long range DPS, so Wehrmacht sniper have higher firepower and ... WHOOOOOPS! BETTER SURVIVABILITY (1 model, 82 HP, lose 40 HP = 0 MP bleed, can be healed on the field with medkit)

How is that fair?
I think that something around 60 HP is sweet spot for Wehrmacht sniper.
7 Jul 2015, 09:22 AM

As USF you gotta pray that your opponent gardens up his Sniper micro; otherwise you can't counter it.

I hope Ost sniper will get a nerf because of NDA..
7 Jul 2015, 09:28 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jul 2015, 09:18 AMZyllen
Katitof

Oh your completely correct. the ost sniper at the moment is better then the soviet sniper. But still the situation is balances because the allied factions have better much LV's at their disposal then the axis and thus much easier time dealing with the ost sniper.

You still see dual or even triple snipers teams in 2vs2 or 3v3 games because the soviet player knows it is a risk free investment. The ost player cannot say the same. the ost sniper needs support from grens to shield it from any m3 or m20. any screw up and you will lose your very expensive 360 mp investment.

You say it the way that makes it seem like sov player doesn't need to protect their snipers from ACs or support them with cons, or that 360mp for sov is less then 360mp for ost, while in fact its the opposite.

You HAVE to protect them with guards or have to research AT nades. If you don't, you'll lose your snipers just as well to AC rush or simple gren flank.

You see dual sniper in 2s or 3s, because next to guards or PTRS cons, which require a doctrine, there is absolutely nothing else in soviet tiers that would actually be able to go toe to toe with concentrated grens and MGs, which are present in 2s and up.

You see dual sniper from sov in that match ups not because its effective, but because its the only working option for sov, because stock infantry can't fight axis stock infantry, volks will outscale cons and 15 muni nades help in early game, LMG grens with current MG42 support do whatever they want to soviet infantry, maxim is ineffective and dies quickly to rnades/LMG blob or wehr turbomortar, penals suffer exactly the same as cons plus are expensive and don't scale.
7 Jul 2015, 09:58 AM

I have been playing Soviet T2 for a long time in 1v1. But after using the Ost sniper a lot after the patch I've begun using a single Soviet sniper too in my 1v1s. And oh boy are they different! Ostheer snipers feel like a damn 1-man army compared to the Soviet sniper.
7 Jul 2015, 10:10 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jul 2015, 09:18 AMZyllen
Katitof

I agree - the big picture is bigger than just comparsion between two sniper units.

But hey, complaining about Wehrmacht sniper getting countered by its direct counter - the M20?
And how USF player is supposed to fight Sniper if he went Captain tier? M20 isn't something that you have by default, it is good player decision in fight against sniper, it should be rewarded.
No, that is not the reason why it got HP buff.

Wehrmacht sniper definitly needed buff in survivability because WFA wrecked survivability/DPS balance between Axis and Allies basic infantry.

That's why I think that something around 60 HP is sweet spot for Wehrmacht sniper.
7 Jul 2015, 10:28 AM

Permanently Banned
I agree with Quentin. I am not good with OST sniper like another player, but he are so strong and now combo with sniper , grens, mg = RIP USF for me in some maps.
And ye, tiger ass, free tank who have vet 3 now for limit heavy its very strong in all game mode.
7 Jul 2015, 10:28 AM

I think it´s survival capibiltiy is fine, it doesn´t get wiped by lucky hits. That is a good thing but it´s rof is just to high.
7 Jul 2015, 10:38 AM

Snipers are cancer or coh2 and both should be remove :P For example, OKW can do nothing against the Soviet sniper
7 Jul 2015, 10:43 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jul 2015, 10:38 AMFrost
Snipers are cancer or coh2 and both should be remove :P For example, OKW can do nothing against the Soviet sniper

PFussies push? I always fear PFussies when using snipers because of their unstoppable 6-maniness.
7 Jul 2015, 11:13 AM

Nerf Sniper, Nerf LMG, Nerf CAS, Nerf Panther, Nerf Schrecks, Nerf Ace, Nerf blablubb....

Funny how Ostheer is - according to 1vs1-winrate at coh2chart.com - by far the worst faction.^^
7 Jul 2015, 11:17 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jul 2015, 11:13 AMsigah
Nerf Sniper, Nerf LMG, Nerf CAS, Nerf Panther, Nerf Schrecks, Nerf Ace, Nerf blablubb....

Funny how Ostheer is - according to 1vs1-winrate at coh2chart.com - by far the worst faction.^^

Players became entitled to the fact that ostheer was weak, now ostheer seems in a good spot and people can't deal with the fact or refuse to adapt.

Ost sniper has clear counters, people refuse to use them.
7 Jul 2015, 11:25 AM
Donator 11

Th unit is fine... it has so many counters... just a little bit worried about the stunshot ability.
7 Jul 2015, 11:32 AM

[...]

Ost sniper has clear counters, people refuse to use them.

Th unit is fine... it has so many counters... just a little bit worried about the stunshot ability.

It's not like Wehrmacht doesn't have counters for those counters.

But again, is it fine in comparsion to Soviet Sniper Team?
Sprint was utter disgusting bullshit on such unit as sniper. It was removed.
Wehr sniper got buffed. What we have now?
7 Jul 2015, 11:35 AM

Regarding sprint, ost sniper can still have it with encirclement doctrine and since ost isn't doctrine dependent...
7 Jul 2015, 11:40 AM

Regarding sprint, ost sniper can still have it with encirclement doctrine and since ost isn't doctrine dependent...

Soviets have it too on Counterattack Tactics which is quite viable commander.
Touche.
7 Jul 2015, 11:43 AM

Fanboism at its best.
Sorry that i have to be so rude but are you even thinking before you say something ?

Doesnt seem so,if you arent a noob and you got some experience with the OH sniper you cant lose it.
When you lose it its only your fault : m20 - grens close to sniper,clown car - gren - mortar ? - cant even kill with one shot on his head ,what else do you have ?

Its not possible to always be cautious but if grens or hmg cover your rears ,you will see the enemy early enough to move your sniper on a safer retreat route.

Try to arguement

7 Jul 2015, 11:46 AM
Patrion 14

Ostheer sniper currently has plenty of counters, as does the soviet sniper. The only thing that Ostheer sniper has too much of is ROF, and that is only because of NDA, not anything in game right now.
7 Jul 2015, 11:47 AM

Ok, maybe Wehrmacht sniper is at least MANAGEABLE at this moment.
What would we have when Relic release NDA with their NDA-man squad sizes?
7 Jul 2015, 11:55 AM

Soviets have it too on Counterattack Tactics which is quite viable commander.
Touche.

If you went Counterattack, you won't have T1.

And even if someone would be crazy enough to go for it, I doubt he'll be using 100 muni global ability just for snipers.

There is no contest here between encirclement sprint and this FTM.

And answering your last post-a sniper broken op beyond imagination and axis fanboys stripped naked of arguments why he should remain superior in rof.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 42
Germany 765
unknown 20
Germany 1
unknown 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L