Login

russian armor

Ostheer Sniper Op, When NERF ?

7 Jul 2015, 04:26 AM
Developer Relic Badge

If change is actually needed to his survivability, make it received accuracy, not health. Yes you can gib the Soviet Sniper instantly with explosives, but that's a formation issues along with many other things because the spacing in the Soviet Sniper formation is non-existent even when in the open.
7 Jul 2015, 06:31 AM

The Soviet sniper is sometimes killed by a single random mortar shot. Back when Soviets had precision strike, there were times that I would do a precision strike with a 82mm mortar on a sniper and it would still not kill him. I've even hit one with a grenade and not have it die. IMHO, if someone is careless enough to get their sniper hit by either mortar or grenade they should lose it. Having used both snipers, I very much prefer the OST one. It's easier to keep alive, and don't have any reinforce cost due to losing a model. Maybe instead of nerfing the Ost, make the Soviet one the same.
7 Jul 2015, 06:34 AM
Patrion 14

The current ostheer sniper I have no qualms with. Yes, it is the strongest sniper, but It has counterplay.

However, when brits gets released, the ostheer sniper will need an rof reduction, for reasons that will become apparant.
7 Jul 2015, 06:38 AM
Patrion 28

The current ostheer sniper I have no qualms with. Yes, it is the strongest sniper, but It has counterplay.

However, when brits gets released, the ostheer sniper will need an rof reduction, for reasons that will become apparant.

sniper made for 6 men squads vs 4 men mini obers :guyokay:
7 Jul 2015, 06:53 AM

Just give the sniper 80hp instead of 82hp and he's fine. At lower skill levels or maps with tight lanes players can have trouble flanking him so there needs to be a chance for a lucky mortar or pak howie hit to take him out.
wehr sniper is fine, he should have 80hp though so grenades/mortars that land in his lap actually kill him

Uh, the reason he has 82hp and not 80hp is so lucky mortar can't kill him in one hit. Relic wants to reduce RNG in the game, not make a 320MP unit get killed randomly by something you can't avoid.
7 Jul 2015, 07:00 AM

Wermacht Sniper is very strong now, but I don't think he's OP. 360 MP is a huge cost, especially in the early game.

btw I ALWAYS build sniper in 4v4 when playing Wermacht :)

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jul 2015, 06:31 AMGrumpy
The Soviet sniper is sometimes killed by a single random mortar shot. Back when Soviets had precision strike, there were times that I would do a precision strike with a 82mm mortar on a sniper and it would still not kill him. I've even hit one with a grenade and not have it die. IMHO, if someone is careless enough to get their sniper hit by either mortar or grenade they should lose it. Having used both snipers, I very much prefer the OST one. It's easier to keep alive, and don't have any reinforce cost due to losing a model. Maybe instead of nerfing the Ost, make the Soviet one the same.

If you managed to get so close to hit him with grenade, you probably should be able to score some hits with small arms too. In that case sniper should be dead. Unless you've "almost missed" with grenade.

Uh, the reason he has 82hp and not 80hp is so lucky mortar can't kill him in one hit. Relic wants to reduce RNG in the game, not make a 320MP unit get killed randomly by something you can't avoid.

If you're sitting in mortar range and not moving then it is not RNG, but natural outcome.
Or should they buff Soviet Sniper Team HP to 82 in order to "reduce RNG in the game"?
7 Jul 2015, 07:16 AM

Ohhh little you guys know that Quentin might be right here, but for the wrong reasons, for reasons you have yet to see and comprehend and days of valid ost sniper nerf threads will come within 2-3 months. :snfBarton:

@Mr. Someguy
Well, lucky mortar hit doesn't have troubles wiping sov sniper, I don't believe it should be any different for ost sniper, unless you want to give sov sniper hp bost from 46 to 82 as well, because why not? Lets reduce bad RNG that sov sniper is extremely vulnerable to.

Sov sniper is intended to have an edge in sniper duels, so nothing here will change and we'll reduce bad rng. You don't really have any valid arguments against it.

Every single other stat is vastly inferior.
Make it one man, give it 82hp, give it ger sniper cloaking device, give it useful vet ability and make it shoot faster because its one man.

Deal?

People who still think sov sniper have better survivability because of 2 men are delusional. 1 mortar hit will kill then. Ost sniper will take it to the face and run away.
7 Jul 2015, 07:21 AM

As sad as it is,I totally agree with Quentin.
Cant believe that some top tiers really think that ost sniper is fine in its current form.

I said that after the sniper buff:
OH - Super fast cloack ,82hp, incendiary, no cost in the long run
SU - 80 hp(two guys - reinforcement 90mp),flares(haha)

How is that balanced ? SU sniper always has the disadvantage due to axis having a long range army.

I think we all know Hans's video of how difficulty it is to kill a OH sniper.RNG was also there but i bet u cant do that with SU sniper.

82hp is fine to reduce RNG but only if they change his cloacking time,thats ridiculous u can almost stand next to him and he is still cloacked,snipes a model and cloacks again.So u can at least kill him when flanked properly
7 Jul 2015, 07:46 AM

what about the soviet sniper? FailFish and if it got nerfed it would be shit.
7 Jul 2015, 07:48 AM

Reduce RoF and armor, increase cloak time.

Problem solved.
7 Jul 2015, 08:03 AM
Donator 22

At the moment ost sniper is more survivable and more lethal than it's soviet counter part. Soviet sniper also requires some what risky T1 when ost can allways opt for sniper. Only real advantage of the soviet sniper is that it can't be counter sniped.

I feel that rof of the ost sniper could go down a little.
7 Jul 2015, 08:07 AM

Ostheer sniper is indeed overpowered. It's probably the most overpowered unit againts USF in the game. Againts soviets its still fine because they have tools to deal with it.

I expect the ostheer sniper to get nerfed due to how the infantry of the [NDA] faction works.
7 Jul 2015, 08:10 AM

If you're sitting in mortar range and not moving then it is not RNG, but natural outcome.

Move mortar up, kill Sniper on first hit, Sniper's fault?
7 Jul 2015, 08:13 AM

The only nerf I'd be up for is if there was somehow a way to have his ROF based on squad sizes, so that eliminating a Combat Engineer squad would take the same amount of time as eliminating a Conscript squad, same for eliminating a Rifleman squad, or a Major and his assistants.
7 Jul 2015, 08:21 AM

what the hell is happening axis nerf threads one after another one after another not a single allies nerf thread and yet allies are currently op in match stats...rampant fanboyism here...for ostheer sniper don't change it..its perfect....its viable again instead of a useless unit.....people were able to kill vcoh sniper easily...and those sniper were much pain in the ass then coh2 snipers...and allies have large no. of models per squad so stop whining to relic to nerf wher sniper,cas,lmg gren and learn to play
7 Jul 2015, 08:31 AM

What do u think who u are ? You are not bringing any valid arguements in here and telling people to L2P.
"allies have large no. of models per squad so stop whining" Sentence of the day ,thats why OH has higher RoF to compensate for that.
Pls get your facts together and try to discuss in a way we can follow your thoughts.
7 Jul 2015, 08:32 AM

Move mortar up, kill Sniper on first hit, Sniper's fault?

1) Sniper usually should not be seen until he make a shot. After that you reposition him backwards for reload, so he is moving and won't be hit.
2) You can hear mortar firing, time between sound and shell landing is quite long, so you have time to react.
3) If Wermacht sniper would have 80 HP it would be still very good protected against mortar shells because lethal AoE is still quite small, unlike for 40 HP Soviet sniper models.

Mortars are not very effective against snipers if latter are properly controlled. The real threat is LeIG with its homing projectiles.

And yes, I've lost many snipers to mortars before I've learned how to avoid it. And still sometimes I lose them, because my micro isn't perfect.

I'm saying this as senior both-faction sniper user and fan of triple "Point and Click" bulletins :megusta:

Hell, I've used Wermacht sniper even before HP buff and was very happy with it because of high RoF and Incendiary Shot. Just check this video!

7 Jul 2015, 08:49 AM

what about the soviet sniper? FailFish and if it got nerfed it would be shit.

What about it?
It have worse RoF.
Worse aim time.
Worse cloak.
Worse survavibility against RNG indirect weapons.
Worse vet ability.
Its only advantage, 2 men therefore advantage in sniper duels is completely negated by vastly superior ubermensch HP of ost sniper and sniper duels were never meant to be part of coh2, so that advantage is irrelevant.

Much higher stats of ost sniper were excused with much better survivability of sov sniper.
Its no longer true.

Although, RoF nerf for ost sniper would be a reasonable change.

Inb4 "but Katitoooooof, the squad sizeeeeeeeez!"
Well, I don't see sov sniper RoF increase when OKW was introduced with 5 men volks or ost sniper RoF with introduction of USF 5-4 men squads, so squad size argument vs rof is irrelevant for about a year now and only creates wider gap of imbalance here.
7 Jul 2015, 08:59 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jul 2015, 03:52 AMaaa

thats a counters to sniper early game. But they can get sniper just before 222 or later.
In this case USF has no answer to that. Germs are too bad to think otherwise they wud be wining everything with current units.
After like 10 min I can anly counter germ snper with sniper of my own. And I always do as sovs.

If he gets sniper super early that means there are grens or MG squad less. IF u kill sniper early its GG for him.

Reduce that 2HP and its good.
7 Jul 2015, 09:05 AM

Less risk when u get it past t2 or around that time you will have 4 grens + whatever.Get a scout car or pak and sniper is safe.
With the new hmg you can hold map control without suffering too much mp.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★