Should CAS be removed?
Option Distribution Votes
28%
72%
Total votes: 50
Vote VOTE! Vote ABSTAIN
7 Jul 2015, 00:23 AM
Donator 11

Just want to know the opinion on the commander, currently it has a lot of issues with it and relics attempts at fixing it don't seem like they did enough in my opinion.
If so, do you think it should be removed or reworked, let me and hopefully the devs know.
7 Jul 2015, 00:33 AM

Tons of good suggestions for a rework have been posted in the multiple CAS threads currently on the first and second page.

And no, they are not going to just outright remove content people have paid for and or spent months waiting to drop.
7 Jul 2015, 00:39 AM

No it should not be removed, and no I don't use it. It can be reworked to make it not as powerful etc.
7 Jul 2015, 00:48 AM

Passive conversion and strafe price nerfs are all that's needed.
7 Jul 2015, 00:55 AM

It's not even op.
7 Jul 2015, 00:59 AM

Easiest way to deal with CAS: Make AA shoot down the plane mid-strafe or pre-strafe instead of after. :foreveralone:
7 Jul 2015, 03:02 AM

CAS absolutely shouldn't be removed.

I'm not sure how you could make AA shoot down the plane mid-strafe or pre-strafe without making AA tremendously effective vs ALL planes. Maybe increase the range vs planes dramatically or allow it to target planes that are off map?

I like the suggestion others have made to turn the fuel -> muni conversion into a passive but another simpler option might be to just increase the cooldown of conversion ability to 5-7 minutes so it can't be used constantly.
7 Jul 2015, 11:14 AM

It shoukd not be removed. just nerf that fuel to muni conversion (make it like russian leand lease one with planes flying through map) and nerf at starfe (so it douesnt shoot down 100 hp tank in attack )and make ai starfe to only suress enemy troops not pin them
7 Jul 2015, 11:26 AM

Removing something is the most stupid way to do stuff.

Mirror fuel conversion to soviet equivalent where you pay fuel for plane that allies have a chance to shoot down.

There, done, fixed, no more magical "I need muni nao" button.
7 Jul 2015, 11:28 AM
Donator 11

Why should they remove it? Then also remove soviet windustry...
I love the whole design of CAS... its something diffrent compared to all other commanders... you can support your teammates everywhere on the map and you can play without any tanks just combinend arms supported by CAS.

But I would increase the cooldown of the fuel to ammo trade.. (Trade every 3-5min? maybe?) Guess then it is fine.. also easy to dodge for aware players.
7 Jul 2015, 11:37 AM
Patrion 14

I like the idea to make the muni conversion a plane that can be shot down. Will give it counterplay, and also give it a reason to be 100% efficient.
7 Jul 2015, 11:38 AM

I would change all the CAS strafes with their regular loitering variants.
This way the doctrine is:
- Less spammy
- Still plays differently
- Can be countered with AA units

7 Jul 2015, 13:58 PM

Removing something is the most stupid way to do stuff.

Mirror fuel conversion to soviet equivalent where you pay fuel for plane that allies have a chance to shoot down.

There, done, fixed, no more magical "I need muni nao" button.

/thread
7 Jul 2015, 14:28 PM

Dont worry, Relic know how to remove stuff without removing it.

RIP
7 Jul 2015, 20:12 PM

Right now the problem with CAS isn't so much with the abilities themselves as it is with the fuel to munitions conversion. Since it converts into 150 munitions instantly, using the ability almost invariably enables the use of any of the CAS abilities instantly, barring cooldown.

The AT strafe is a little powerful, especially considering the Sturmovik equivalent just bounces off of armor and can't even kill an idle stuka HT. But that's just the comparison and more indicative of Sturmovik being too weak than it says anything about the single pass AT strafe in CAS.

Were the munitions dropped from a plane like Luftwaffe drops, it would firstly slow it down so it's not an instant freebie to use an ability. Additionally, it requires there to be units to actually collect the resources, which further slows down the transfer of resources, but requires some kind of micro from units on the field.

Although, keep in mind, the munitions dropping also opens up the chance that players could steal/give the drops. If you think a CAS ostheer with OKW is rough, imagine having those 150 munitions drop for their OKW ally. OKW could perma convert their munis to fuel and probably still end up with more munitions.
7 Jul 2015, 21:08 PM

Easiest way to deal with CAS: Make AA shoot down the plane mid-strafe or pre-strafe instead of after. :foreveralone:

Then a single unit would counter a whole Commander. CAS might be imbalanced but that heavy-handed solution would be tantamount to deleting it.
7 Jul 2015, 21:12 PM
Patrion 14

Sorry but there's been loads of other Nurf cas hur dur threads around. Please post your thoughts there :)

/locked
7 Jul 2015, 21:12 PM

Then a single unit would counter a whole Commander. CAS might be imbalanced but that heavy-handed solution would be tantamount to deleting it.

No it wouldn't. You could still easily use Stuka strike and redistribute resources. :foreveralone:
Also considering most AA hfs are easily destroyed mid-late game I wouldn't figure it to be much of a problem to counter itself. Also considering AA for soviets requires T3, that would mean most people would need this instead of blindingly getting call-in units(unless they chose lend-lease). :foreveralone:
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

Germany 25
Germany 1
Germany 619

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak