Login

russian armor

Audio and Visual Additions

6 Jul 2015, 18:46 PM

Hi Everyone,

Ever since the release of WFA, Relic added some new audio and visual files to enhance the game play. I think it will be great idea to apply some new audio and visual mechanics in the game after the British launch. For example:

Wehrmacht audio interactions with USF units and Soviet unit interaction with OKW. I believe in Coh1 we had US Rifles interacting with PE units as they yelled "Panzer Elites!"

In terms of visuals, I really like the tank burning after destruction, but how about applying this to T-34s or P4s as well?

If you guys think any new features for audio and visual effects would be cool, please do share.

Thanks!
6 Jul 2015, 20:18 PM
Senior Strategist Badge
Donator 11

Hi Everyone,

Ever since the release of WFA, Relic added some new audio and visual files to enhance the game play. I think it will be great idea to apply some new audio and visual mechanics in the game after the British launch. For example:

Wehrmacht audio interactions with USF units and Soviet unit interaction with OKW. I believe in Coh1 we had US Rifles interacting with PE units as they yelled "Panzer Elites!"

In terms of visuals, I really like the tank burning after destruction, but how about applying this to T-34s or P4s as well?

If you guys think any new features for audio and visual effects would be cool, please do share.

Thanks!

They added that ammo cook off death animation to the M4C sherman and panzer IV(OKW one I believe) this patch. I agree they should add it to a lot more units such as KV1s,T34s,ISUs,STUGs,etc.

It might be some sort of engine limitation or lazyness though. No Pre WFA vehicle dies that way.

6 Jul 2015, 20:19 PM

They work on Ostheer's Panzer IV too because it uses the same model as OKW's.
6 Jul 2015, 21:31 PM

They work on Ostheer's Panzer IV too because it uses the same model as OKW's.

I don't think I have seen any P4 from Whermacht blow up like that.
6 Jul 2015, 21:54 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

I too hope they add in separate voice lines for WFA dealing with EF. Pretty sure WFA has less lines than EF in general, so adding WFA->EF lines could help alleviate that.
6 Jul 2015, 21:56 PM

It will be cool if after destroying tank burning crew will escape from vehicle and tried to cool themselves.
6 Jul 2015, 22:20 PM

It will be cool if after destroying tank burning crew will escape from vehicle and tried to cool themselves.

You mean to see the tank crew members jump out on fire and roll around on the ground? That would be pretty cool to see
6 Jul 2015, 22:26 PM

You mean to see the tank crew members jump out on fire and roll around on the ground? That would be pretty cool to see
Yep. Also, tank towers flying after shots will be awesome too.
6 Jul 2015, 22:35 PM

These are good ideas!
7 Jul 2015, 00:22 AM
Donator 11

Tank tower could ofc be cut off the tank by some special explosion inside back then but real 'flying' towers were not the case at the time, it was only possible in cold war soviet tanks like t-54 or t-72, you would have a hard time looking for ww2 photos with turrets lying far away from tanks.
7 Jul 2015, 11:11 AM

I want to cook those ostheerostheer nazies , they are always saying something about cold :D
7 Jul 2015, 11:33 AM
Donator 11

Just fix the bugged german audio version pls.

e.g.

If infantry attacks infantry they will shout sometimes "Feindlicher Panzer" -> "ENEMY TANK! A HEAD"
If you upgrade (MG) a fighting position they will shout "Unsere Stellungen verfügen nun über Artillerie" -> "our fightingpositions are equipped with artillery now"
7 Jul 2015, 18:02 PM

Tank tower could ofc be cut off the tank by some special explosion inside back then but real 'flying' towers were not the case at the time, it was only possible in cold war soviet tanks like t-54 or t-72, you would have a hard time looking for ww2 photos with turrets lying far away from tanks.
that is totally wrong. There was also a special Term in Germany for this. Den Hut ziehen. Taking the hat off
7 Jul 2015, 19:23 PM
Donator 11

that is totally wrong. There was also a special Term in Germany for this. Den Hut ziehen. Taking the hat off

This is what you are talking about:

This is what I am talking about:

Feel the difference.
7 Jul 2015, 19:57 PM

" Man sagte oft, dass der T-34, wenn er einen Tiger trifft, seinen Hut ziehen muss (mit Hut ist der Turm gemeint). Es ist häufig vorgekommen das die Türme einfach abgeschossen wurden und meterweit durch die Luft flogen. "
Source - http://www.der-bossi.de/panzerdiesel/t34/t34.htm

And i mean the turret flying about 30meters in the air and stuff like that. Currently (lack of time) i do not find a proper video for it, but if you look e.g. for Tiger tank you sometimes see a T34 hit by a tank and turret flying around.

Look at 1:30 and say me what is flying around
-> https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vMBKGy3jiVA

-> Suck it ;) And do not say me what i mean and what not. Turrets flying around in WW2 was kinda common. Cook off from munition, what do you think will happen in a tank?

Edit:
" März 1943 im Raum Charkow
Division Großdeutschland im Kampf

,,Beim ersten Kampfeinsatz der Tigerpanzer, bei der Division Großdeutschland, brachte einen glorreichen Sieg für die Deutschen ein. In kürzerster Zeit, schossen 2 Tiger, eine Gruppe von T-34 ab. Normalerweise fanden sich die russischen Panzer im Hinterhalt in der bis dahin sicheren Entfernung von 1235m und warteten, bis die deutschen Panzer bei der Ausfahrt aus dem Dorf auftauchten. Dann nahmen sie die deutschen Panzer unter Beschuß, während sie selbst noch für die Panther außer der Reichweite des Geschützes waren. Bis dahin war die Taktik unfehlbar, daß aber änderte sich als die Tigerpanzer sich im Dorf eine getarnte Stellung suchten, um dann die Russischen Panzer unter Beschuß zu nehmen. Innerhalb kurzer Zeit vernichteten sie 16 T-34 im offenen Gelände, und als die übrigen davonfuhren, wurden sie von den Tigern verfolgt. Dabei wurden 18 fliehende russische Panzer zerstört. Man konnte beobachten, daß die 88mm Panzerkemmunition eine derart durchschlagende Wirkung hatte, daß die Türme mehrerer T-34 weggefetzt und mehrere Meter fortgeschleudert wurden. Deutsche Soldaten prägten daraufhin sofort den geflügelten Satz: „Der T-34 lüftet seinen Hut, wenn er einen Tiger trifft." Die Leistung der neuen deutschen Panzer gab der Moral der Truppe beträchtlichen Auftrieb."
Source: http://www.deutsche-landser.de/berichte/12001.htm

It is in german ,but with google translator it should help you.
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS
  • U.S. Forces flag cblanco ★