Login

russian armor

Cruzz's The More You Know

PAGES (58)down
30 Jul 2015, 18:02 PM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post30 Jul 2015, 09:02 AMCruzz
Removed the line about construction penalties from the original post because it was indeed fixed in the July 21 patch by the addition of a 2x received accuracy on most infantry that could build stuff. Except: Partisans, Mechanized halftrack LMG42 grenadiers, puma ostruppen, because consistency is hard.

Wait, German Mechanized Doctrine callin grenadiers are considered different than regular grenadiers? Does this affect any bulletins/ open any way to take advantage of this fact?
30 Jul 2015, 18:30 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

Wait, German Mechanized Doctrine callin grenadiers are considered different than regular grenadiers? Does this affect any bulletins/ open any way to take advantage of this fact?

Like this way of thinking lol :D
30 Jul 2015, 18:51 PM

i probably should have said something because Iv been using nothing but mech and mobile defense for 1v1's lately.
1 Aug 2015, 19:54 PM

So if this is a "hidden knowledge" thread, I have two questions:

Does Oorah and For the Motherland stack straight up? And does spotting scope allow Elephant to aquire targets at max range?
1 Aug 2015, 22:35 PM
Senior Moderator Badge

So if this is a "hidden knowledge" thread, I have two questions:

Does Oorah and For the Motherland stack straight up? And does spotting scope allow Elephant to aquire targets at max range?

1- I think so, that's why doing oorah when there was a debuff put you at normal speed.

2- Problem arrives when it has to rotate cause movement negates the bonus coming from the spotting scope. Spotting scopes are maphack amazing on vet2 222.
2 Aug 2015, 03:24 AM

2- Problem arrives when it has to rotate cause movement negates the bonus coming from the spotting scope. Spotting scopes are maphack amazing on vet2 222.

I know, so when standing still then I mean. I guess spottig scope gives a certain percentage of extra view then and not just a fixed range?
2 Aug 2015, 08:06 AM
Patrion 28

I know, so when standing still then I mean. I guess spottig scope gives a certain percentage of extra view then and not just a fixed range?

not sure but it could be either. vet2 222 get's a pretty big sight boost on top of its already good LoS.
2 Aug 2015, 10:18 AM

Sd.Kfz. 222 with Spotting Scopes and Vet 2 has about 130 sight range.
2 Aug 2015, 10:49 AM

Not to mention that getting a scout car to vet 2 has never been so likely :)
2 Aug 2015, 10:54 AM
Donator 11

If I equip OKW Sturmpios with minesweepers and deactivate the minesweeper (because it will replace one STG) do they still have the repair speed buff?

And how big is the repair speed buff in numbers btw.?
2 Aug 2015, 13:30 PM

If I equip OKW Sturmpios with minesweepers and deactivate the minesweeper (because it will replace one STG) do they still have the repair speed buff?

they still have repair buff , with or without sweeper (when you updrage then of course)

however i dont know %
2 Aug 2015, 15:07 PM

Permanently Banned
Does the sturm offizier buffs actually do anything to things like ISGs or mortars? Ive done it a few times, but i wonder of im just wasting my time
2 Aug 2015, 16:56 PM

Minesweeper upgrade increases repair speed by 25%, as a trade off vet only gives Sturms 25% more repair speed.
2 Aug 2015, 17:10 PM

Does the sturm offizier buffs actually do anything to things like ISGs or mortars? Ive done it a few times, but i wonder of im just wasting my time

A minor improvement to reload speed which means less than it sounds like because reload itself is only a small portion of the firing delays of these units. Definitely a less than 5% increase no matter what weapon you have, specific number will depend on the ratio of cooldowns and animations to reload.

*1.1 accuracy for infantry, HMG (raketenwerfer does not gain accuracy, but any other atgun will)
*0.91 reload for mortar, atgun (leig will not gain reload because it's not classified as a mortar)

LEIG gets the offizier icon because it's gaining accuracy as it is "infantry". But it does not use accuracy as an artillery piece so all this does is make the crew a bit better at shooting their horrible rifles.

Doesn't matter whether you have sweeper out or not, the repair buff is applied always after buying upgrade.

Standard repair speed for sturmpioneers is 3 hp/s per model, vet 2 adds +1, minesweeper upgrade adds another +1.

And does spotting scope allow Elephant to aquire targets at max range?

Spotting scope multiplies vision by 2, Elefant has 35 vision (or 35+35 with the cone enabled). Max range on weapon is 70 so yes it will always spot for max range with scope even without the cone enabled.

Random ability explanation:

Airborne Assault
250 munitions
Spawn a slow recon plane to go over target sector
After 3 seconds:
// (Non-functioning part because the target for the strafe is set wrong):
Start Overwatch for 15 seconds for enemy vehicle in targeted sector, if triggered:
Spawn Stuka Ground Antitank plane that is the same as an Ostheer Stuka CAS attack //

Start Overwatch for 15 seconds for Enemy unit in targeted sector, if triggered:
Spawn Stuka Ground Attack plane that is the same as an Ostheer Opel Blitz Strafe except double damage and 100 penetration instead of 2, does up to 3 runs at roughly 9 second intervals, will not swap target even if target dies.
After 6 seconds, spawn a slow plane that will drop a Fallschirmjaeger squad
2 Aug 2015, 17:21 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Aug 2015, 17:10 PMCruzz

Airborne Assault
250 munitions
Spawn a slow recon plane to go over target sector
After 3 seconds:
// (Non-functioning part because the target for the strafe is set wrong):
Start Overwatch for 15 seconds for enemy vehicle in targeted sector, if triggered:
Spawn Stuka Ground Antitank plane that is the same as an Ostheer Stuka CAS attack //

Start Overwatch for 15 seconds for Enemy unit in targeted sector, if triggered:
Spawn Stuka Ground Attack plane that is the same as an Ostheer Opel Blitz Strafe except double damage and 100 penetration instead of 2, does up to 3 runs at roughly 9 second intervals, will not swap target even if target dies.
After 6 seconds, spawn a slow plane that will drop a Fallschirmjaeger squad

Woah so it's supposed to have a Stuka AT strafe it just doesn't work? Do you have the stats for Valiant Assault?

Poor Luftwaffe Ground Forces :foreveralone:
2 Aug 2015, 17:29 PM

Woah so it's supposed to have a Stuka AT strafe it just doesn't work? Do you have the stats for Valiant Assault?

Poor Luftwaffe Ground Forces :foreveralone:

It's pretty obvious the massive penetration and damage buff on the "suppression" strafe is because someone at Relic realized the antitank plane wasn't firing but didn't bother to fix it properly. But yes it still isn't nearly as strong as the actual antitank strafe it's supposed to have.

Even without the AT strafe it's still a good value on points with enemy units, 440mp and a very lethal suppression strafe at a point in the game where manpower is everything. But as you can't pick the target the strafe's effects are pretty random even with the massive radius on the suppression.

Valiant assault is 100 munis, +1 speed and +25% accuracy for 60 30 seconds (modifiers are set to 60, but they all terminate on ability end anyway so 30) on all infantry. Compare to ostheer tac assault 40 munis, +1 speed to infantry for 20 seconds.
2 Aug 2015, 18:00 PM

Permanently Banned
Thank you cruzz, I thought valiant assault was bugged btw?
2 Aug 2015, 20:48 PM

jump backJump back to quoted post2 Aug 2015, 17:29 PMCruzz
Valiant assault is 100 munis, +1 speed and +25% accuracy for 60 seconds on all infantry. Compare to ostheer tac assault 40 munis, +1 speed to infantry for 20 seconds.

Are you sure the +25% accuracy triggers properly? I tested Valiant Assault at least a dozen times and didn't see any tangible difference. Volksgrenadiers fighting Conscripts seemed to fight the same whether or not it was triggered, and the results were pretty consistent.
3 Aug 2015, 12:54 PM

Is is true that cover is ignored close range (10)? Better to stand still and shoot-out than to sneak behind cover (movement penalty on accuracy I guess) in close quarters battles?
3 Aug 2015, 13:02 PM

Is is true that cover is ignored close range (10)? Better to stand still and shoot-out than to sneak behind cover (movement penalty on accuracy I guess) in close quarters battles?

Rifles (the weapon type not the unit) are shit while moving, a lot of people move around to much when shooting at people and it causes them to lose a lot of DPS. If someones coming at you from long range and trying to close stand still and shoot at him. If your in close cover retreat instead of trying to run away to cover because you will lose anyway due to not shooting back (while he is shooting at you).

It's often best to just stand your ground and fight it out. This is especially true of Sturms, who with vet can make shock squads who attempt to close into CQC take a shitload of damage.
PAGES (58)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS