Login

russian armor

Cruzz's The More You Know

PAGES (58)down
7 Jul 2015, 04:37 AM
Patrion 28

mods please sticky this; for our sake as well as relic's...

-

are the mortar bulletins still -0.5 accuracy?

7 Jul 2015, 04:55 AM
Senior Moderator Badge

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jul 2015, 03:14 AMGrumpy
I do have a question about Conscripts. Does the +0.07 received accuracy apply to the models even after they are merged into another squad? Also, why did Relic choose that way to balance them versus Grenadiers instead of slightly nerfing their damage? It means that Cons scale much worse than Grens in larger game modes. They normally last 0.07 seconds outside of green cover in a team game. I'm sure some will respond to this question with a "keep them in green cover, noob" which would be a great answer if the Cons only had to sit inside the base behind sandbags instead of actually capping something.

It's squad based, not entity wise. So merge at will.

Cause they also increase the damage output of them for compensation.
7 Jul 2015, 05:48 AM
Patrion 14

I don't know if this is anything new to anyone, but you can use the Cpt to also boost allied Sov structures. Haven't really found a sweet combo based on this yet, though.
7 Jul 2015, 05:55 AM

It's squad based, not entity wise. So merge at will.

Cause they also increase the damage output of them for compensation.

Sweet, IMNO (humble newbie opinon), merge is one of the best thing about cons, can keep other units at the front more.
7 Jul 2015, 06:56 AM

Too lazy/tired to look through thread real quick.

Another exploity sort of bug/feature/mechanic is sturmtiger reloading.
Sturmtigers have a very high probability to be decrewed while reloading, though if recrewed are fully reloaded no matter how soon after.
>Be OKW
>has sturmtiger and volks
>blow my massive load
>start reload in front of ally scum
>sacrific crew for glory of fatherland
>recrew with sick children and the elderly
>fire again
>lather rinse repeat
>cull the heard of weak and old and destroy the enemy at same time
7 Jul 2015, 06:58 AM
Patrion 28

Too lazy/tired to look through thread real quick.

Another exploity sort of bug/feature/mechanic is sturmtiger reloading.
Sturmtigers have a very high probability to be decrewed while reloading, though if recrewed are fully reloaded no matter how soon after.
>Be OKW
>has sturmtiger and volks
>blow my massive load
>start reload in front of ally scum
>sacrific crew for glory of fatherland
>recrew with sick children and the elderly
>fire again
>lather rinse repeat
>cull the heard of weak and old and destroy the enemy at same time

you can also use the elite crew repair ability to the same effect while keeping vet. particularly relevant given that IVJ and Stiger are being swapped soon(tm)
7 Jul 2015, 09:20 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jul 2015, 03:14 AMGrumpy

I do have a question about Conscripts. Does the +0.07 received accuracy apply to the models even after they are merged into another squad? Also, why did Relic choose that way to balance them versus Grenadiers instead of slightly nerfing their damage? It means that Cons scale much worse than Grens in larger game modes. They normally last 0.07 seconds outside of green cover in a team game. I'm sure some will respond to this question with a "keep them in green cover, noob" which would be a great answer if the Cons only had to sit inside the base behind sandbags instead of actually capping something.

Good question and one for which the answer actually changed in the last patch! I probably should've mentioned this in my ninja notes, I touched on one small aspect of the implications of it (puma ostruppen nerfed), but I forgot to mention the more general cases where it has a huge impact.

Anyway, because relic moved the squad base received accuracy to the model/entity SIZE instead of a squad modifier, this now means that merged conscripts are in fact easier to hit than the proper models of a squad for any kind of infantry squads. They are harder to hit than the regular members of an HMG/mortar squad, but...

The other implication of this change is that now only the initial squad of HMGs and Mortars sucks ass. As soon as they get decrewed and recrewed with something else, they lose their received accuracy bonus permanently. For instance HMG42, initial received accuracy/size is 1.25. Lose the initial crew and recrew with grenadiers and you now have an HMG42 with 0.91 received accuracy. Or with PGs for 0.8 received accuracy.

are the mortar bulletins still -0.5 accuracy?

No, they reduce scatter properly these days. BTW. "Hole in One" for Ostheer Mortar, "Like a Surgeon" (120mm), "Let the Motherland Guide you" (82mm) are the strongest ones. The first two actually reduce scatter in all modes by 5%, the last one only reduces autofire/ground attack scatter by 5% (but other bulletins for mortars only do 3%). Ostheer "Mortar Hero" is the same as Let the Motherland Guide you in case you don't have Hole in One.
7 Jul 2015, 09:31 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jul 2015, 09:20 AMCruzz

Good question and one for which the answer actually changed in the last patch! I probably should've mentioned this in my ninja notes, I touched on one small aspect of the implications of it (puma ostruppen nerfed), but I forgot to mention the more general cases where it has a huge impact.

Anyway, because relic moved the squad base received accuracy to the model/entity SIZE instead of a squad modifier, this now means that merged conscripts are in fact easier to hit than the proper models of a squad for any kind of infantry squads. They are harder to hit than the regular members of an HMG/mortar squad, but...

The other implication of this change is that now only the initial squad of HMGs and Mortars sucks ass. As soon as they get decrewed and recrewed with something else, they lose their received accuracy bonus permanently. For instance HMG42, initial received accuracy/size is 1.25. Lose the initial crew and recrew with grenadiers and you now have an HMG42 with 0.91 received accuracy. Or with PGs for 0.8 received accuracy.

Thats really interesting. Does this change also apply to armored entities? (Shocktroops)
7 Jul 2015, 09:33 AM

Thats really interesting. Does this change also apply to armored entities? Do Shocktroops have extra survivability when they recrew weapons?

They always did as armor was inherited. They used to get 1.5 armor and then the 1.25 received accuracy penalty for being a HMG squad, now you will have a HMG squad with 1.5 armor and no received accuracy penalty.
7 Jul 2015, 09:34 AM

Oh, cool.

So now even merging with penals/guards is a horrible idea.

At least its even more worth it to steal weapon teams.
7 Jul 2015, 09:37 AM
Patrion 14

jump backJump back to quoted post7 Jul 2015, 09:33 AMCruzz

They always did as armor was inherited. They used to get 1.5 armor and then the 1.25 received accuracy penalty for being a HMG squad, now you will have a HMG squad with 1.5 armor and no received accuracy penalty.

Nice, thanks!
7 Jul 2015, 09:53 AM

Oh, cool.

So now even merging with penals/guards is a horrible idea.

At least its even more worth it to steal weapon teams.

It's still cheap at least and keeps the unit on the front line, so there's that. Better stay behind that green cover after you merge though.
7 Jul 2015, 09:57 AM

It's still cheap at least and keeps the unit on the front line, so there's that. Better stay behind that green cover after you merge though.

Last resort, sure, but valid alternative to retreating with certain squads? Definitely not.
You can't even use your core mechanic without shooting yourself in the foot on the long run.

I'm slowly getting fed up of seeing underused but reliable abilities getting nerfed for no reason other then relic having a bunch of chimps as coders.

Balance devs might have some clue, but coders should man the paddles at galley which they would first have to code themselves the way it doesn't sink, taking them to the bottom of the ocean.
7 Jul 2015, 10:07 AM

Last resort, sure, but valid alternative to retreating with certain squads? Definitely not.
You can't even use your core mechanic without shooting yourself in the foot on the long run.

I'm slowly getting fed up of seeing underused but reliable abilities getting nerfed for no reason other then relic having a bunch of chimps as coders.

Balance devs might have some clue, but coders should man the paddles at galley which they would first have to code themselves the way it doesn't sink, taking them to the bottom of the ocean.

Maybe I'm missing something. If I have a 2 man guard squad and a 6 man con squad I'm either going to have to retreat the guards or I'm going to have to merge the cons into the guards and retreat the cons instead. Either way I will have at least 4 con models worth of durability on the field. The only difference would be that one option seems them equipped with guard rifles and providing vet to a guards squad while the other sees them with con rifles and providing vet to a con squad. You are right that my guards will be a bit less durable for a while but I think I would rather take the better immediate field presence and just reinforce the guards properly the next time they have to retreat during an engagement.
7 Jul 2015, 10:10 AM

Maybe I'm missing something. If I have a 2 man guard squad and a 6 man con squad I'm either going to have to retreat the guards or I'm going to have to merge the cons into the guards and retreat the cons instead. Either way I will have at least 4 con models worth of durability on the field. The only difference would be that one option seems them equipped with guard rifles and providing vet to a guards squad while the other sees them with con rifles and providing vet to a con squad. You are right that in the long run my guards will be a bit less durable for a while but I think I would rather take the better immediate field presence and just reinforce the guards properly the next time they have to retreat during an engagement.

Well, you're describing the last resort situation.
I have on mind constant reinforcement, say you lost 1 men after a shootout, you merge it, now you've got tad weaker squad, on the long run and especially in late game, where due to LMGs rec acc matters a LOT, you'll be making your opponent a favor while trying to keep your squads on field without M5.
7 Jul 2015, 10:32 AM

Well, you're describing the last resort situation.
I have on mind constant reinforcement, say you lost 1 men after a shootout, you merge it, now you've got tad weaker squad, on the long run and especially in late game, where due to LMGs rec acc matters a LOT, you'll be making your opponent a favor while trying to keep your squads on field without M5.

So M5 got indirect buff! Yay! :foreveralone:
7 Jul 2015, 11:32 AM

jump backJump back to quoted post6 Jul 2015, 21:27 PMCruzz

No, assault gren bulletin will not affect grens, it only works one way.

Exploity mechanics

You can over double the fire rate of Rear Echelon rifle grenades from a fighting position by leaving the FP immediately after firing and then immediately re-entering again, skipping the 5 second reload.

Democharges triggered through damage rather than the button do more damage. A democharge+soviet mine is supposed to be 250+200 damage, but it does around 700 to a vehicle hitting this combo and thus oneshots most tanks. Works for usf demo charge too. Never did figure out why this happened, reported this as a bug to Relic over 6 months ago but hasn't been fixed so at this point I'll just consider it a "feature".

I found out long time ago, by accident that if you want to kill Schewer with 1 demo and you can sacrafice one CE squad, throw smoke next to schwerer, start planting demo, wait till smoke is gone, schwerer will shoot your CE launching demo charge next to them - Schwerer and CE are gone :megusta:
7 Jul 2015, 12:34 PM

Random squad walks around, and there you go your 120muni investment.

You can use lil mines from tank hunter doctrine so it will cost you only 95 - 100 muni (depend on amount of placed mines)

So random squad walking around dont destroy this suprise

And this comander is still useful in other aspects (cons PTRS spam , il ptab bombing run , scavanging dead t 34 to build half of new t 34 )
7 Jul 2015, 12:37 PM

Just blow your own demo's up by shooting them with explosives, mortar, ect. Best way Iv found to make them do what Cruzz said. Worse comes to worse you still just click the button and send a large amount of shit into low orbit.
7 Jul 2015, 13:29 PM

you can also use the elite crew repair ability to the same effect while keeping vet.

Wat? Must remain calm..

And now I wonder what happens when you nade your own tank while it is reloading.. Must see this in action.. O_o

Also yea Relic time to fix some stupid stuff and also the usf overpopulation possibility crap. :/

PAGES (58)down
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Livestreams

New Zealand 38
unknown 29
Germany 9
unknown 3
Germany 1

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W