Login

russian armor

KV-2, how and when?

6 Jul 2015, 03:16 AM

Well, this is my first post here. I was hoping to get some ideas and opinions about the KV-2 and how it works currently.
Using Soviet Industry I've called it several times, though I never get to enjoy it at its full extent. It always gets destroyed with 3 or 4 panzershreks, which I find rather senseless as it costs a fortune fuel and population-wise. Also, I can't find a real use for its ability: when I activate it, the KV-2 stops steering it's upper part and stops shooting, even though the description says it should shoot faster and farther.

So here comes the question, how and when do you use it? Should it be supported by T34s or TDs? Should I buy it or spend those resources on other units?

Thanks for reading :D
6 Jul 2015, 03:20 AM

"how and when do you use it?"
You dont ever use it.
aaa
6 Jul 2015, 04:27 AM

"how and when do you use it?"
You dont ever use it.

Rght.
And ths commander is bad in general. Only tunk hunter and guard motor.

http://www.coh2.org/replay/36247/korean-pro.-how-to-play-su
6 Jul 2015, 09:31 AM

That is not true. Russian industry is mediocre commander now , it let you spam t 34 /76 and now when they need to have 75 % health until they get fausted , this comander is quite useful. Of suchka spam isnt all that bad.

Just dont make that tank (kv2)it cost you too much mp and isnt cost effective , point of russian industry is t70 and t 34/76 spam or suchka spam.

But if you must place it near key point , lock it down - it cant move but will fire faster and will have longer range . hovewer ittakes some time until it start firing , so do it before battle.
Think about kv2 more like bl152 howitzer than is2 heavy tank , it is mobile artillery not tank

If you dont want to play meta this commader is one of better nonmeta commaders :D
6 Jul 2015, 10:07 AM

Kv-2 can be pretty decent in 2vs2 but in 1vs1 I would rather get t4 up and some kats.
Windustry struggles against pak and shrek spam, thats why kat is the perfect supplement to a heavy t34 spam.
6 Jul 2015, 10:13 AM

Once I got owned hard in 4v4 by 2 KV-2 set up behind buildings, backed up by Jacksons and SU-85. We just couldn't break through. That damn thing could withstand PFaust + direct Railroad Artillery hit.

So...
Can't give exact advice on "when", probably in team games only, the more players - the better.
"How" - try to place it behind some building near part of map where all "the mess" is happening.
6 Jul 2015, 10:15 AM

Worst commander ever. In the end you have fuel for anything, but not manpower.
6 Jul 2015, 10:49 AM

Don't use it unless you play 3v3 or 4v4...
6 Jul 2015, 11:52 AM

Wow, thanks for all the help.
Think I'll just go back to guard motor, at least 'till I learn to properly micro.
Also, I thought I was doing something wrong as the KV-2 wouldn't shoot at all when locking it down, but it seems that I should've done that before combat.
Thanks everyone :)
1 user is browsing this thread: 1 guest

Ladders Top 10

• #
    Steam Alias
    W
    L
    %
    Streak
Data provided by Relic Relic Entertainment

Replay highlight

VS